Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Games Master Challenge - FINISHED!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:53 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I kinda liked how the Game Master Challenge trophies looked, shiny and all, and how it advanced each level.. But now that it's actually the trophy that appears on our lookups, it kinda looks ugly and cheap compared to the other trophies o_O

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:49 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

digitel_anime_fan_20 wrote:

Snow wars II? That one is REALLY easy. (You shouldn't need to do Snow Wars I, I know I never touched it doing this...) Just surround a few snowmen. Seriously, that should be all you have to do, and then send in your score. Try ending your game and reloading until you have a set-up where about four of the snowmen are reasonably close together. If you get the necessary points in the building phase, you don't have to worry about the rest of the game!

Is there an easier was to surround the snowmen? I don't know if I am spatially challenged or what, but even with rotating the pieces so they fit the best I can only fill in at most 1 1/2 snow men. (forget trying to build a fort big enough that surrounds four of them) After the first round, if I am lucky I can repair the fort enough on the one I did surround to go on to the next skirmish..but I cannot repair it enough after that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:54 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Deevil wrote:
Is there an easier was to surround the snowmen? I don't know if I am spatially challenged or what, but even with rotating the pieces so they fit the best I can only fill in at most 1 1/2 snow men. (forget trying to build a fort big enough that surrounds four of them) After the first round, if I am lucky I can repair the fort enough on the one I did surround to go on to the next skirmish..but I cannot repair it enough after that.

Are you trying to completely fill in all the spaces or just build a wall? You only need a single-layered wall completely surrounding them for it to count.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:30 pm 

I always just go straight up on the right side, then straight over, and form a rough square. I'll take some pictures and put them in the games help chat board.

It helps if you have a faster computer - if your computer is sluggish, you WILL fail at snow wars 2. Close all un-necessary windows and programs, and play the small-screen version on low quality.

EDIT: Snow wars 2 guide here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=35126

Last edited by shapu on Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:38 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

digitel_anime_fan_20 wrote:
I fail to understand the water horse troubles people were having. Maybe it just likes my computer? I don't like the game much, but I really did not find it that difficult.

The water horse game is apparently massively affected by computer speed. My daughter absolutely could not achieve the target score on her machine -- it's old and slow, and the little Nessy thing just physically cannot swim fast enough to reach the end of the level before the timer runs out. As soon as I let her use my computer to play the game, she had no trouble at all.

Self-referential signatures make the angels cry.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:05 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

shapu wrote:

It helps if you have a faster computer - if your computer is sluggish, you WILL fail at snow wars 2.

and also one of the other games I sucked at:
beanmommy wrote:

The water horse game is apparently massively affected by computer speed.

I think that is my biggest problem right there, my computer isn't top end and also is a few years old, so I cannot complete some of the challenges. :cry:

Last edited by Deevil on Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:07 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Also that you only have to surround at least *one* snowman in Snow Wars to advance. That's all I do...surround one, fix the walls and try to surround another one the next round.

Please help my dragons grow and give a click!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:09 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
NOOOOOOOOO.....

The challenge is now officially over :x I was just in the middle of completing one of them too. I would have been able to do the entire thing too if the last day of new stuff had been Sunday and not Monday. I had absolutely no time yesterday to even touch Neopets, and I got home today, started it only to find that when I finished my challenge, it was officially over. I'm ticked off, especially since people got an entire week to do the challenges from Day 1, yet I didn't get any time to do Day 7 :x

[/rant]

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:18 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

mayanspypilot wrote:
NOOOOOOOOO.....

The challenge is now officially over :x I was just in the middle of completing one of them too. I would have been able to do the entire thing too if the last day of new stuff had been Sunday and not Monday. I had absolutely no time yesterday to even touch Neopets, and I got home today, started it only to find that when I finished my challenge, it was officially over. I'm ticked off, especially since people got an entire week to do the challenges from Day 1, yet I didn't get any time to do Day 7 :x

[/rant]

Awww, Mayan, that stinks!!
I'll admit that I was kinda surprised that it was even still working earlier today, and am glad that I didn't have anything keeping me from being able to do it last night.
I get the feeling that other people will have been caught by the sudden end, as well. :(

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:31 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

VERY odd timing for the new day to start. Neopets was averaging after 7pm EST to update the news. I wonder why they were so speedy today?

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:56 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Whoohooooo! Finished 35/35 challenges last night and got the big shiny (but cumbersome-looking) trophy. Level 8 Games Master, baby! (insert dance sequence to "It's All About the Pentiums" here)

All ready to pwn the so-called "Games Master" next year. :peace:

Though, I have to admit, I'm kinda surprised that the challenge actually closed today. For some reason I was thinking today was the last day to complete all the challenges, in case someone missed a day due to traveling over the Thanksgiving break or whatever, and that the challenge itself didn't actually stop until tomorrow. I think it'd be a bit more fair that way.

Overall, it wasn't a bad diversion for the long weekend (and I always like getting free stuff anyway). While I liked that they gave out existing but semi-rare items as prizes that had something to do with the games you earned them from, I kinda missed the custom items (like they had in Daily Dare) and was hoping we'd get at least one or two as the final prize(s). Not even an AAA plushie? Awww.

I also don't appreciate being "forced" to play sponsor games in these challenges, mainly because they suck and are poorly designed. The graphics in the ness monster one (I don't care what it's called) were huge and slowed it down, the fish were tiny and hard to aim for, made even harder by the fact that the water-horsey whatzit was difficult to control. I finally just had to throw caution to the wind, forget the fish and the obstacles, and just make a mad dash for the end of the level. And the WalMart Santa one was so craptacular visually, it...just ugh. If a company wants to sponsor a Challenge, fine. Slap their logo all over the website and the loading screens. Put up their shoddy little games. But keep them out of the challenge. I want to play the exact same games and get the exact same rewards as people in other countries do, plzkthx.

...whoops, this wasn't supposed to be a rant. Sorry, just kinda happened.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:01 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I was busy all day yesterday too and at the end, I had to stay up till 4am to finish everything off (and I had to wake up at 7:30am this morning)! It would be much better if they don't end the whole thing so abruptly as I was also under the impression that the challenge will last till 12am NST tonight.

Having said that, I was happy that this challenge gives you a chance to catch up on previous days' challenges (unlike the last one which won't let you do previous day's challenges).

Last edited by bluehypnosis on Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Games Master Challenge - Over :(
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:13 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

No, it said so very clearly in bold red text on the rules page

Quote:
The Games Master Challenge will end a week from now on the 27th of the Month of Storing! You've got a week to complete all of my challenges. *snicker*

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:19 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

the_dog_god wrote:

Quote:
The Games Master Challenge will end a week from now on the 27th of the Month of Storing! You've got a week to complete all of my challenges. *snicker*

But officially the '27th day of Storing' doesn't end until 12amNST! Plus didn't they let us do the challenge until 12amNST last time?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:34 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

bluehypnosis wrote:
the_dog_god wrote:

Quote:

But officially the '27th day of Storing' doesn't end until 12amNST! Plus didn't they let us do the challenge until 12amNST last time?

Each challenge has been done a little different - the Challenge didn't start until the news was released, so TNT have finished with the news released today.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next