Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:53 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Games Master Challenge (Split 1)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:15 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

wittyyankee wrote:
Does anyone have hints for the snowbeast one? I can't seem to get past the first level

The best I can say is try to get the powerup and then stand in the middle and throw them as fast as you can click!

ImageImageImageImage
Click the eggs above to view all my dragons & help them grow by clicking them.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:34 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Somehow I got over 400 in Snowbeast Snackrifice when it first came out, now I struggle to get 50. I finally managed it after a while, but I wish I remembered what the heck I did before.

The Water Horse was tough too, but following the advice about smaller screen sizes, and not coming up for air helped. I made it to the 6th level or so. For a while, it was hard for me to understand what was an obstacle and what wasnt, so I was going up and down over things I could swim right by,

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:58 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I've said it before (in the last thread) but I'll say it again: if you need to send out more challenges, my name's available. I'm rakumel on Neopets, too.

Don't get your feelings hurt if I decline your challenge, I just don't have time to take them all on this weekend. =p I'm actually out of town and borrowing a computer, so...yeah, can't hog it.

P.S. Have I mentioned how much I hate Snowbeast Snackrifice? I hate the controls. I hate the concept. I hate the timer. I hate how the meter fluctuates wildly - if I hold down a button until the meter's in the red, I expect it to STAY in the red until I let go of the button. I've tried standing in the middle, but almost every single petpet goes way off to the side, or the dude swatting the petpets into the cave WON'T SWING, even though the meter's charged and there's a petpet RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM (or his hand, rather). I hate hate hate HATE this game more than any we've had to play so far.

P.P.S. FINALLY! Eked out a score of 51. I am never ever EVER touching that game again. *stabs it*

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:39 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I hate, hate, hate Snowbeast Snackrifice! I cannot seem to figure out how to make the stupid petpets go straight...and here I thought I only had that problem in bowling. :roflol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:49 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Quote:
the dude swatting the petpets into the cave WON'T SWING, even though the meter's charged and there's a petpet RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM (or his hand, rather).

SO true!!!! I finally managed a score of 53. I am never, ever, ever playing that game again! *shudders*

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:20 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

My tips for Snowbeast.
It took me a while to get this, and I'm still a bit confused. But notice that if you get a ball from the right (red techo) and hit it, it'll sail more to the left - the same with the other side.
So you can move a bit to the left or right depending on which way the ball is coming from. Don't try and get every neopet, focus on the ones you can hit with the bar into the orange area.

And I'd like to say YES! I GOT A DAR-BLAT!
This will take patience and time, but firing randomly after you see the thing is not going to work.
I took off my wristwatch and listened to it tick. On the 10th tick I fired the cannon whether the dar-blat had appeared or not. If it appeared before the 10th tick then I counted how many ticks there were when it passed the cannon point.

Here's the pattern I found (10+ means that I fired the cannon and the dar-blat had yet to appear)

10+, 4, 5, 10+, 10+, 3, 10+, 10+, 9, 10+, 10+, 9, 6

I'm not sure if this pattern will help anyone but my advice is just to sit there and keep firing at the 10 second mark. Eventually you'll either get it or throw your computer through the window.

Good luck!

Edit: Decided to take out splat a sloth whilst I could still stand to stare at the screen with a hand shaking from too much gaming. Then forced myself through 5 more games to hit today's target.
I'm going to lie down.

Last edited by Katdragon on Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:24 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Anyone who needs to challenge someone else, my name is available-- Trilian8. I'll decline, so don't take it personally. Just trying to help everyone to get the challenge. :)

Do you have your towel?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:23 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Rakumel wrote:
P.S. Have I mentioned how much I hate Snowbeast Snackrifice? I hate the controls. I hate the concept. I hate the timer. I hate how the meter fluctuates wildly - if I hold down a button until the meter's in the red, I expect it to STAY in the red until I let go of the button. I've tried standing in the middle, but almost every single petpet goes way off to the side, or the dude swatting the petpets into the cave WON'T SWING, even though the meter's charged and there's a petpet RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM (or his hand, rather). I hate hate hate HATE this game more than any we've had to play so far.

P.P.S. FINALLY! Eked out a score of 51. I am never ever EVER touching that game again. *stabs it*

Hear, hear! My high score on that game used to be a 9, so I had -a lot- of trouble trying to get it up to fifty. It must have taken me hours. D: *adds a stab or two*

And as for Dar-Blat... that game hurts me. ;_; Lol, actually it did -- I was pressing down the keyboard with my broken arm, he came, I jerked to get him, missed him entirely, and jarred the bones together. lol Luckily, it didn't hurt for as long as it did a few weeks ago, when I sat down on the edge of a chair and tried to catch my balance. XD

ImageImageImage
Set by WIS (I think XD), awesome fader by Bangel!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:24 am 

OK, working the new day.

Random Challenge - The Numbers Game - Prize: Maths Blocks

Cat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:31 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Location: MB, Canada State: Solid               State: Denial           State: Gekko
View 20 high scores isn't hard at all.

Then we get to send another 15 qualifying game scores.

Score 300 in volcano run didn't take long, being calm and having a steady hand/mouse helps.

The theme challenge is:
* Score 700 in Snowmuncher
* Score 1200 in Ice Cream Machine
* Score 125 in Snow Wars II
* Score 175 in Snowball Fight

I don't know the secret one yet.

D&D Encounters - Forum Text Adventure!
The Werewiki - Werewiki Forums
@DylPage - @Werewiki

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:38 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Secret game is jolly jugglers, score needed: 100

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:14 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Location: MB, Canada State: Solid               State: Denial           State: Gekko
The prizes (that I got):

Getting Lost in the Haunted Woods at Night - Send a score on forty-five different qualifying Flash games. - Prize: Tongue Wrap
If You Can't Take the Heat... - Keep a cool head to score 300 in Volcano Run II. - Prize: Chokato Volcano
The Numbers Game - View the High Scores Table for 20 different qualifying Flash games. - Prize: Maths Blocks
It's a Juggling Act - Earn a score of 100 by helping Jolly and Olly put a tag-team takedown on the mutant Chia who's kidnapped their sister! - Prize: All About Juggling
Don't Get Cold Feet! - Score 700 in Snowmuncher, Score 1200 in Ice Cream Machine, Score 125 in Snow Wars II, Score 175 in Snowball Fight - Prize: Snow Brucicle and Blue Snowflake Biscuit Jar

D&D Encounters - Forum Text Adventure!
The Werewiki - Werewiki Forums
@DylPage - @Werewiki

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:20 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Day 5 - Wrapped up!!

Level 6
Games Master

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:19 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I'm kinda dissapointed so far. Not in the challenge itself, it's fun to have some extra activity on the site, but the difficulty hasn't exactly gone up much.. I was expecting it to become harder by now, and nearly impossible near the end (sort of like the rankings they have for the games, start at Beginner and end at Grand Master). Not that I want to be able to reach a target, but the prizes will just suck if the large majority of the players can beat all the challenges.. (If there are any end prizes at all, besides a possible trophy)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:43 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Kenjiro wrote:
I'm kinda dissapointed so far. Not in the challenge itself, it's fun to have some extra activity on the site, but the difficulty hasn't exactly gone up much.. I was expecting it to become harder by now, and nearly impossible near the end (sort of like the rankings they have for the games, start at Beginner and end at Grand Master). Not that I want to be able to reach a target, but the prizes will just suck if the large majority of the players can beat all the challenges.. (If there are any end prizes at all, besides a possible trophy)

Okay, I dare you to get 500 on Snowbeast Snackrifice
That difficult enough? :)

I do agree though, it'd be nice if it wasn't just a "participation-style" reward set.

Edit: Any tips for snow wars II? I keep getting "You didn't protect your snowmen" even if I've surrounded one or two of them completely

Edit again: Nevermind - discovered I wasn't filling in the diagonals *facepalms*

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next