Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 10:15 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Shop Wizard - Redesigned
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:21 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

euphoniumgirl_71 wrote:
Helena wrote:
I just have one thing to say about this...
...Why??
Seriously.. I agree with euphoniumgirl_71 on this. *cough* POUND *cough* :)

Exactly. As much as a like thie revamp redesign, I think they could put time in stuff like the pet emotions so they aren't so smiley all the time.

And so tailed pets like peophins dont have a line down their middle, that looks like they are wearing detachable tails T_T *pats peophin*

I don't exist. omo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:40 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

seems like a lot of things on neopets are reminding me of a mac, but it also reminds me of when i use safari...i do miss the links that were at the top of the page before though :(

i still didnt notice this update when i went to the shop wizard :P
maybe thats cause im still on the computer playing city of heroes at 4am...

:P

set by Sakura

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:12 am 

I have a question for TNT: Pound? I don't know how it will work with all of those painted pets in there at once.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:55 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Siouxper wrote:
I have a question for TNT: Pound? I don't know how it will work with all of those painted pets in there at once.

I understand that they are having trouble, and hey truly have a daunting task ahead of them to get the pound back up and running. But I still think that time could have been better spend else where then on the shop wizard.

Set by Byakuya'<3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:46 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
Bear in mind that the SW redesign probably wasn't nearly as hard as fixing the pound issue. Think of it as washing the dishes from Thanksgiving versus cleaning an entire house top to bottom. Them NOT doing this probably wouldn't have had any effect on the progress made toward fixing the pound. Even a project like implementing pet emotions would've taken far more time, and been the equivalent of waxing a hardwood floor in the analogy.
I don't find myself defending TNT too often, but it seems like every time something else gets changed, we wind up harping on the pound again. Yes, it IS bad that the pound is still down after more than half a year. But that's the sort of project that takes a lot of time to fix. THIS went up right before a long holiday weekend. It seems more like the kind of project you do during a shortened week because you don't want to get started on something more extensive right before you take off for a long weekend.
Despite what the Viacom protocols would have us think, there are humans on the other side of the computer screen, and I think this was a human decision. It makes the site cleaner and it fits with the new design--and I doubt it took months and months of work, like the pound has.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:02 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

euphoniumgirl_71 wrote:
heiligeglut wrote:
I like it. I don't really see why they needed to do it - couldn't they spend their time doing something more worthwhile...? But it does look nice and clean, so it's all good.

I think they could have definatly been working on something else important too.... :roll:

*cough*POUND*cough*

Excuse me.

A bit of CSS versus designing and coding a whole new program... they only cleaned up the look of the SW, they don't appear to have changed the way it works.

Moongewl hit the nail on the head.

http://alienaisha.blogspot.com
lol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:08 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I really don't see why they needed to get rid of those links. Oh well, now our lives are just going to have o be even more inconvenient... :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:51 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I agree with what Moongewl said. That and TNT has stated repeatedly that they have different people in different departments working on different projects. I want the pound back as well but I'll sit tight until it's operating correctly. Plus they can't force the guys who code to draw pet emotions (It's not like they got hired on their artistic abilities.) Well, I'm sure they could, but then everyone would be harping on here about how the drawings look like something a 2-year old created. :P So maybe the team that did the SW update didn't have anything else big on their plate and it was on their to-do list. They might have completed the Advent Calendar or new Plot tasks assigned to them already and are working on little things until we see the fruits of their labor...

Want Premium? PM me for an invite. ;)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2