Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Breaking News--New Neopets Toys
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:29 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Straight from--where else?--Jellyneo:
Quote:
NVCP Awards Master Toy License for Neopets to JAKKS Pacific

MALIBU/NEW YORK, September 26: Nickelodeon & Viacom Consumer Products (NVCP) has reached a master toy licensing agreement with JAKKS Pacific for an array of products based on Neopets, the global youth-focused virtual world.

JAKKS Pacific will create a full line of toys and merchandise to capitalize on the expansive virtual world of Neopets. The JAKKS line will focus on plush toys, action figures and accessories, playsets, Plug It In & Play TV Games and interactive toys, as well as role-play products, vehicles, youth electronics, water toys, novelties, stationary, kites and craft activities. The JAKKS Neopets collectible plush products are expected to hit retail shelves in early 2008, with figures, playsets and other products shipping to retailers nationwide for fall.

The toys and consumer products line will tie into a new multiplayer gaming and collecting experience, called "Neopets Key Quest." Plush toys will contain codes that allow kids to unlock virtual extensions of the toys to use as part of their Neopets Key Quest play experience. (Emphasis added.)

On Neopets, players create a Neopet to be their companion. They can dress and take care of their Neopet while exploring the fantasy world of Neopia. Neopets offers its audience an array of engaging activities, including a Neovision video player, discussion boards, quests and thousands of virtual items to collect. The Neopets community is available in 11 languages, reaching nearly 12 million monthly unique visitors and logs over 300 million monthly game plays.

"This is a very exciting deal for us," said Stephen Berman, the president and COO of JAKKS. "Neopets is a remarkable property for kids and tweens. We know that members love collecting neopoints and other virtual items, and now they can collect Neopets products, as well. We plan to add engaging real world components to the already hugely popular virtual world of Neopia and maximize the deep online connection kids have with Neopets through a collectible rollout strategy, which is one of JAKKS' core strengths. Neopets has all the makings of a great toy property."

Well, I'm a bit too tired to try to comprehend this right now, so I'll just let everyone else do the talking.

Post subject: Re: Breaking News--New Neopets Toys
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:37 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Byakuya San wrote:
Straight from--where else?--Jellyneo:
Quote:
NVCP Awards Master Toy License for Neopets to JAKKS Pacific

"This is a very exciting deal for us," said Stephen Berman, the president and COO of JAKKS. "Neopets is a remarkable property for kids and tweens. We know that members love collecting neopoints and other virtual items, and now they can collect Neopets products, as well. We plan to add engaging real world components to the already hugely popular virtual world of Neopia and maximize the deep online connection kids have with Neopets through a collectible rollout strategy, which is one of JAKKS' core strengths. Neopets has all the makings of a great toy property."

Well, I'm a bit too tired to try to comprehend this right now, so I'll just let everyone else do the talking.

They just completely ignored the teen and more importantly, adult population that plays Neopets. JAKKS looks like they think Neopets is a great money maker. The Key thing has me interested and wanting to know more. But with the codes unlocking the playable areas, it sounds more and more like that other thing which I can't remember the name of.

Set by Byakuya'<3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:51 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Well to be fair, I'd say the majority of teens and adults who play are less likely to buy toys than the kids are.

Neopets is making money in any way they can; they're a business with paychecks to cash out, whatever, I understand. I just wish their merchandise stayed as merchandise, without overlapping into the game itself. Just resembling a character should be enough... :/ It's not fair to those who live in other countries, and it's not fair to those of us who don't want to spend money. College > Neopets, sorry.

And what does it mean by vehicles? I'm thinking of that Pikachu VW bug they had x years ago.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:11 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I (as an adult) used to buy a lot of Neopets toys *points to basket of plushies*

If this happened a year ago, I'd be overjoyed to see more merchanise. Now though, I probably won't buy anything. I hardly ever play anymore. The inanity of many of thier decisions have taken a toll on my willingness to pay. Everything seems like a cheap copy of another site which I enjoy more.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:08 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

blah blah blah blah plushies blah blah blah blah.

Yeah, that's all I got out of it. Granted I'm very tired. But I collect plushies, so I'll probably buy some of these. Everything else I'm not really interested in. Unless some of the action figures or whatnot are really cool looking. I'm a hopeless toy collector in general.

And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:22 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Meh. Don't care, will ignore. ^_^

Real life money > Neopets

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:58 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

A while back i enjoyed playing those portable neopets things that reminded me of a combination of tamagotchis and Polly Pockets. Unfortunately that only captured my attention until the battery started dying.
I'm rather looking forward to cute plushies (I'm a tad obsessed with cute plushies) and hopefully they'll come out with a wide assortment of the faeries as figures, that would be rather cool to go on my...er...crammed shelves.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:27 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Not too bothered myself as a Englander we never get Neopets merchandise. Apart from about 5 years ago a couple of the discount shops had the interactive figures and the aforementioned tamagotchi/polly pocket interactive game which I bought and they collected dust whilst I waited for any more Neopets stuff to arrive on this side of the pond. I still love the way that the interactive Usul screams if I shout at it, cracks me up every time.
I still find it odd that for a company that started in Britain doesn't even try to include us any more. The older toys are available in the States, Asia and some of Europe but not the UK o_O
I still cant use Neocash or even play the Quasalan scarab thingy in the mall.
Meh.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:49 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

They did have the Claires plushies and you can order online from the american shops. But I know what you mean, they harped on about how merch would be available in the UK (and usually that means Ireland also but I'm in the Uk a lot so either way I don't mind). It's been years now and they never mention it.

I can't believe people in the still UK can't play the Quasalan Expelibob thing. I'm in Ireland and it's been working for me. I hope it's sorted by November at least as I'll be in England for a few weeks. D=

http://alienaisha.blogspot.com
lol

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]