Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Avatars
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:47 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I would just like to know why the maximum avatar size is 80x80 when alot of people actually use 100x100?
I have thousands of 100x100 avatars and icons that I could use but I cant use the on the boards because they go over the maximum size. I know that with the amount of members on PPT uploading that size avatar it would be a strain on servers and such, but since 80x80 ones generally have to be custom made I find it difficult to get an avatar myself.....

set by Sakura

Post subject: Re: Avatars
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:50 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

80x80 avatars are approximately one-third smaller than 100x100 avatars. When you have thousands of avatars that are being used on PPT, it does make a significant difference.

If you have trouble finding an avatar, you could always look in the Signature & Avatar Requests board, and post on a user's request board.

kudos sasha+gregory // PPT's Unofficial President

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:41 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Hey, you should be happy with this size. On the Nintendo Nsider Forums, the maximum size is 36x36, and you can only pick from a limited selection of pre-made avatars. But like Paul said, there are plenty of generous people on PPT who would be more than happy to make you an avatar.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:49 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Byakuya San wrote:
Hey, you should be happy with this size. On the Nintendo Nsider Forums, the maximum size is 36x36, and you can only pick from a limited selection of pre-made avatars. But like Paul said, there are plenty of generous people on PPT who would be more than happy to make you an avatar.

Yeah, but on the majority of other forums the size limit is 100x100.

Set by the WIS, the ORIGINAL House Stalker!

When I see his posts, I fill with righteous rage. :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:50 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ixist wrote:
Byakuya San wrote:

That's not the point I was trying to make...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:15 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Ixist wrote:
Byakuya San wrote:

So? That isn't a very strong point. In some countries, they allow firearms, doesn't mean our country does. Completely irrelevant, of course, but you can see my point right?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:18 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Paul wrote:
So? That isn't a very strong point. In some countries, they allow firearms, doesn't mean our country does. Completely irrelevant, of course, but you can see my point right?

Alright, alright. Remind me not to join my school's debate team (I don't even know if we have one...).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:34 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Byakuya San wrote:
Paul wrote:

Alright, alright. Remind me not to join my school's debate team (I don't even know if we have one...).

Actually, Ixist was countering your argument, and I was countering Ixist's. You know, enemy of an enemy is a friend, that sort of thing?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:51 am 
PPT God
PPT God

woah, I dont exactly want this to blow up into world war 3, I just wanted to kow why other forums use 100x100 avatars and PPT use 80x80?
I wil be checking the Sig and Av request board to see if I can get my own set, or maybe to see if I coud get some software or something so that I can create my own. I know that after so many members 100x100 avatars becomes a strain on servers, but then I see smaller sites where on their forums they have an equal or greater amount of members and they have 100x100 avatars. It just puzzled me that's all...

set by Sakura

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:27 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Paul wrote:
Ixist wrote:
Byakuya San wrote:

Yeah, big difference between firearms and avatars.

The point is that most other forums have a limit of 100x100 on their avatars. So it's quite a hassle for those on other forums who wish to come here, only to find out their avatars don't work and they'll have to get new ones.
And, 'thousands of avatars that are being used on PPT? Most members that are registered on the forum have only made about 20 posts, and most members of the forum (inactive or otherwise) don;t have avatars. So it wouldn't be 'thousands' of 100x100 avatars.

Set by the WIS, the ORIGINAL House Stalker!

When I see his posts, I fill with righteous rage. :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:30 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

many forums also allow sigs larger than 400x100. ppt dont. it is a choice that has been made, which i personally like, i hate looking at forums where the sigs take up half my screen.

i know you're probably wondering why i'm talking about sigs when this thread is about avs, but its a similar thing - it is a choice ppt has made, and tbh isnt that much of a hassle - it means peoples avs are more individual if anything.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:43 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
I have to admit, I do like not seeing a bunch of avatars from LiveJournal on here. PPT has had the 80x80 and 400x100 restrictions for so long that everyone sort of accepts those as the guidelines, and makes sets along those guidelines, and that means the avatars and signatures we see on the forum are generally made by someone on the forum. It's nice, in some inexplicable way.
(I have been battling allergies and I'm tired, so if this post makes no sense, I'm sorry.)

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:45 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Paul wrote:
Byakuya San wrote:
Paul wrote:

Actually, Ixist was countering your argument, and I was countering Ixist's. You know, enemy of an enemy is a friend, that sort of thing?

If you say so... ;)

Moongewl, that makes perfect sense to me.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:36 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Aww well its too bad that you can't use your thousands of avatars here, but oh wait you can!!!

You can just make your currect avatars a little smaller, by either resizing them, or cropping them. Yes maybe you lose a little detail, or a little bit of the picture, but in the end its virtually the same avatar. If you like it that much, it seems like a small price to pay.

Or if you are having trouble finding 80x80 avatars, may I suggest you check out our Signiture and Avatar Request board. Which is moderated by the lovely Bangal and myself. We would be happy to answer any questions you have regarding the way the board works. Although there is a FAQ which should answer any of your questions. Who can resist custom made, 1 of a kind avs. Many of the artists with request boards are very talented.

~~ Set by YesItIsh <3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:14 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Oops, I'm going to be yelled at for putting this in the wrong place before... :evil:

can someone help me please? my avatar seems to have disappeared and i can't remember where to upload another one....

I have one, just can't find on the site where to do it.

God lives in Neopia, too!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next