Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Gaaaah! Missed oppourtunity!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:33 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I was back from a holiday last Tuesday and I decided to read some of the newspapers that I didn't read... I was reading it normally until I hit the Education section... o_O My eyes twitched... They had a 2-page report on blogging among Malaysian students!

The worst past was that I've seen a post on another blog some weeks back saying that The Star (local national daily) wanted Malaysian students' blogging opinions, and I thought I was a hoax! How could I've been so stupid, stupid, stupid, STUPID!

</rant>

This was the post I saw:
http://www.itchyhands.com/archives/2004 ... ature.html

This had appeared in the newspaper:
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi ... =education

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 11:17 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I really don't understand the point of this thread. Did you want you be interviewed for that article? Or do you think it was stupid they even had that article in the first place?

Read Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser.
Watch Love Actually.
Listen to 80s and 90s streaming audio

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:06 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

uniquelyput wrote:
I really don't understand the point of this thread. Did you want you be interviewed for that article? Or do you think it was stupid they even had that article in the first place?

Yeah, I'm a bit confused as well...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:47 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

simsman24000 wrote:
uniquelyput wrote:

Yeah, I'm a bit confused as well...

My first thought was that the author thought the article was stupid, but reading the topic's title, I would guess that the author of this thread is talking about missing the opportunity to be interviewed.

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:17 pm 

It seems to me that WittySquirrel here is disappointed that she did not look into the article or situation further when she heard about it weeks ago, and she instead, just brushed it off as a hoax. Also, this is taken further in that if she had read that newspaper before going on vacation, she might have still gotten a chance to be interviewed even if she had not believed the story from weeks back. I didn't seem to get an impression that she did not want to be interviewed or thought the story was stupid, which should be clear by the title of the thread. At least, that's what I got.

Anyway, so sorry about that! Seems like you were really interested in contributing! Perhaps you could write the newspaper and ask for a sort of "sequel" to their first article or group of interviews, and they could include your thoughts then. Just an idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:21 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Phibby wrote:
It seems to me that WittySquirrel here is disappointed that she did not look into the article or situation further when she heard about it weeks ago, and she instead, just brushed it off as a hoax. Also, this is taken further in that if she had read that newspaper before going on vacation, she might have still gotten a chance to be interviewed even if she had not believed the story from weeks back. I didn't seem to get an impression that she did not want to be interviewed or thought the story was stupid, which should be clear by the title of the thread. At least, that's what I got.

Anyway, so sorry about that! Seems like you were really interested in contributing! Perhaps you could write the newspaper and ask for a sort of "sequel" to their first article or group of interviews, and they could include your thoughts then. Just an idea.

*Cough*WittySquirrelmale*cough*

You're right about most of the part! Actually I didn't read the one on the day because I was on the way to the destination. I was quite skeptical about news coming from another blog and that there was no mention that an article about blogging was about to appear in The Star. In short, I read but the realisation that it was real never sunk in... until the article came out in the paper...

Thanks for the idea Phibby, but I doubt that they'll write a "sequel" to it...

Oh well...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:22 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Wasted opportunity. How about if you keep your eye on New Straits Times, or The Sun? :P

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]