Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 7:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:50 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Noah!!!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:07 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

OMG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:15 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

WOW :roll:

... poor Hiro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:15 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Thats what IIIII said! NOAH?!! HAHA!

The funny thing about that is..... I heard about there being a bunch of biblical names being in the show... and I never thought twice about it. I just thought... yeah, theres a bunch of them... but so what.

But then I heard Noah... and im just like.... okay, theres a trend here!

There's noah, gabriel, peter, eden... just a couple off the top of my head....

Something was missing from the ending... I was hoping for... more of a showdown or something larger. I mean, nice closing and all... but.... I wanted more action. It was like... either NOBODY should die (except sylar) or there should be some huge tragic loss. Instead.... sylar dies and... Matt dies? Lame. Oh well. Im not AMAZED but im satisfied.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:18 am 
PPT God
PPT God

halfbakedbliss wrote:
OMG

My thoughts exactly.

This was a sad season finale. :( When Nathan went from just another politician to being Peter's brother, that was especially sad (heck, I got goosebumps!). I hope both of them are alive though.

Although, I am sad that Sylar didn't die spectacularly. Sure, he was supposed to be stabbed, but NYC was supposed to blow up.

And I have a feeling that the "real boogeyman" that Molly was describing is Uluru and/or Nathan's mom. The way they jump-cutted to that scene is suspicious.

And next season looks awesome! I didn't see all of the preview, but from what I saw was promising.

And Noah... What a great name for Mr. Bennett, and what a great time to actually reveal it.

Speculation Central - Thinking about the future... Today!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:19 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The Wonder Weezel wrote:
Thats what IIIII said! NOAH?!! HAHA!

The funny thing about that is..... I heard about there being a bunch of biblical names being in the show... and I never thought twice about it. I just thought... yeah, theres a bunch of them... but so what.

But then I heard Noah... and im just like.... okay, theres a trend here!

There's noah, gabriel, peter, eden... just a couple off the top of my head....

Something was missing from the ending... I was hoping for... more of a showdown or something larger. I mean, nice closing and all... but.... I wanted more action. It was like... either NOBODY should die (except sylar) or there should be some huge tragic loss. Instead.... sylar dies and... Matt dies? Lame. Oh well. Im not AMAZED but im satisfied.

Sylar did not die. The camera panned on a blood trail leading to a manhole.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:24 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
My boyfriend and I were just talking about the show...AWESOME!! We're not convinced that Sylar died though. They showed where he was supposed to be lying, right where the sewer cover was. When they showed the end of tonight's chapter (right before the "preview" for next season), they showed a sewer cover with something oozing out...EEK!

Next season looks awesome! I really want to find out what happened to Peter and Nathan!

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:25 am 
PPT God
PPT God

^^^

Yeah. I know. :oops:
I've read all the scheduals saying that he is all ready to be in the cast next season... hes a regular character again, so I knew he wouldnt die...

ACTUALLLY. HERES AN IDEA THAT I DIDNT THINK OF UNTIL JUST NOW!

Sylar *had* these powers:
Powers that Sylar has absorbed:
Gabriel's (his own) Intuitive Aptitude
Issac's Prerecognition
Ted Sprague's radiation
Charlie's Memorization
Brian Davis's Telekinesis
Dale'sSuperhearing
Zane's Metal Molecular Manipulation

.... then, he killed 3 other people.
He killed Molly's dad, he killed a guy named david in chicago, and killed a guy in Barstow.... these are the people he killed for their powers. Perhaps theres a chance thatone of these guys he killed has the power to turn into a bug? There WAS a grub/beetle thing right next to the sewer....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:34 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Wow. Great finale to a great season!

When Nikki came to help fight I was screaming "that is SO -removed-!!!" I really felt bad for Candice, though. I was hoping Mikah would insist that they help her out.

A lot of people on other boards are upset that Nathan had to help Peter at the end, saying that it was pointless because a) Peter could have flew away on his own or b) Claire could have shot him and he would just regenerate. But I think Nathan's intervention was the only way: Peter couldn't even control his radiation power, I doubt he'd be able to control another one; and the whole point of Claire shooting Peter was that it would stop him, permanently. In fact, I was more upset that Peter was facing Claire when he was telling her to shoot him. The only way to stop him would have been to shoot him in the back of the head.

When Mohinder was giving his ending speech, my friend was saying how she was disappointed at the lack of a cliff hanger. But then they show the blood going into the man hole, and then they tease us with the first few minutes of season 2? I think they delivered an adequate cliffhanger.

Although, why would they just leave Sylar's body unattended? Wouldn't they want to make sure he was dead and accounted for? That's the only part about the episode that infuriated me. I would have been fine had he somehow escaped after the authorities took his body, but the fact that they were all still in the square and no one was worried about him/watch his body?

Yoshi edit: No filter evasion. Letting you off easy this time.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:49 am 
PPT God
PPT God

okay, im posting what i posted on the "live blog" because Im really dissapointd in some things. Here's what i posted:
Quote:

Allright, I'm as dedicated as a fan gets. I'm pacing in front of the T.V. an hour before every show, every Monday night. I've got to say every single episode has left me absolutely speechless, and craving for more... except for this finale.

I actually found it a little dry. I'm not going to insult it or anything, it wasn't bad... but, the only thing that kept me going was the fact that I KNEW there would be some huge finale. I just kept waiting for it. Everybody made their way outside, and I'm on the edge of my seat going "yeah... yeah.... theres going to be an explosion. Yeah yeah. Here comes the good stuff...." But... it never came. We never got to see any epic battle or huge physical anything. Everybody sat around and watched Peter and Sylar "duke it out"... although the only moves exchanged were a couple punches from Peter and Sylar hitting Peter with the pole. THEY HAVE POWERS. Why didn't they USE THEM? And Hiro has failed to kill Sylar multiple times. Finally he shows up, and without any difficulty, he just... walks up and stabs him. Then the explosion isn't exciting. Peter says "Uh oh, im about to explode." It was cute that his brother was "with him until the end," unlike what we expected, but then... we didn't see anything cool after that. They flew away, and we saw a little explosion. Sure, it was far away, but we've been waiting for this "bomb" all season, and that was it?

Yes, there were many good things in this episode. But, I must say, it was lacking a lot of things that viewers were really craving. I am a true fan of this show, and plan to buy every action figure, DVD, and poster that might ever come out for this show. So please, take my words into consideration for future reference. This was a little bland, to be honest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:57 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

in the preview for next season, i diffinently thought it was peter who fell out of the sky onto that field, and that he survived somehow. i really hope he comes back. Next season they will have some major explaining to do. i mean the brand new mayor disappeared. there was a huge explosion over they sky. and so much other stuff.

Does anyone else think the old black guys power was entering the deams of others and that when peter passed out, his subconcious activated that power and the old guys spirit somehow communicated with him...or something like that....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:00 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
I'm not quite sure what Charles Deveaux's power is/was. I'm sure that Peter probably absorbed it at one time though. Right before Charles died, he told Simone that Peter took him flying. But that was a dream that Peter had one day. Hmm...things to think about for next season!

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:07 am 
PPT God
PPT God

They shouldve given us more about Charles power.... theres not even enough to have a cliffhanger. Instead of like "oh, thats suspicious!" or "oh, i wonder how that has tied in/is going to tie in..." we get... "what? Wait... what happened exactly?"

Can anybody explain the fight for me? Sorry, I blinked and missed the epic fight between Sylar and Peter. /sarcasm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:11 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I liked the episode, but was a little underwhelmed tonight. I guess my expectations were far too high. It was a good episode, but not as good as the best of the season- namely, the last few episodes.

There was quite a lot of dialogue, much of it cringeworthy (at least we didn't get any mentions of destiny!), especially the Charles Deveaux dream. I was also hoping for a much more spectacular fight, although I liked Niki, Bennet (I can't call him Noah, I'll confuse him with the actor for Micah!), Parkman, and Hiro coming in. Not too fond of the stabbing though, or Nathan coming in to fly Peter out of there. I know some have been debating why Sylar didn't stop Hiro or why Peter didn't fly out of there himself or why Nathan didn't just shoot Peter for Claire, but that's not really why I didn't dig it so much, cause I understand those reasons.

I mean, it's all logical, but everything seemed a little predictable. I don't blame the show though, cause it seemed to write itself into a corner, especially since we pretty much knew NY wouldn't blow up. It does give me hope for another Peter/Sylar confrontation in the future since we didn't get one this time.

About the whole Deveaux thing- I'm thinking that he has the power to communicate through dreams. Even while dead...umm...yeah.

Onto the things I really liked- Micah and Molly! Claire jumping out of a building again! But most of all, the volume two cliffhanger with Hiro, along with Molly's mention of the new villain, have me revved up for next season. The trail of blood at the end there seems to imply that Sylar was dragged into the sewer- maybe by the new villain? Loved the cockroach too, it seemed like a callback to the days where Sylar was in the Primatech cell.

On a grade scale with Company Man and Five Years Gone as my A+ examples, I'd give this finale a B+.

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:39 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
That was pretty fun and had some good action. Samurai Hiro as always stole the for me again. The shot through Sylar was perfect, but I could tell it wasn't a fatal blow. I hoped it was, but I was pretty sure he missed the kill.

Peter was pretty cool. I just wished more than just Jess came near him so he would have more powers :P

As soon as Hiro saw the samurai, I knew there was going to be Kensai reference. Now they have me wanting to look up Japanese history to put the time period in context :P (All I can pull out of my head right now is that it is in the Tokugawa Era).

I like Molly hinting at the Apocalypse of the series. Totally looking forward to that.

As for rating the episode... Nothing is still even on par with the Galactica season finale, but this one was pretty cool too. Definitely on the level I expected from the show.

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next