Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:27 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Wrong keyboard mapping
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:51 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

ugh.. my keyboard apping is all wrong-- ir not spywartrj as i have scanned! my 'f' button ends up lyk this: "tf" any idea how 2 fix? it makes my pc unusable

I TH1NK ITF Is SOFTW4RE RELL4T40.. TRIE0 UNINst4ll1ng ]keyjbor0, butf no hel9!!!

ugh tfhiS Is tferribl## #all my keys are clashing!!!!

d = f7!?

help please :(

Do not double post - use the edit button if you want to add content to your previous post.

^
Sorry, I was a bit desperate for replies, so I was trying to make sure people visited the thread. Won't happen again, I was just rather desperate for posters. - Littleboy6326.

Last edited by littleboy6326 on Mon May 21, 2007 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:49 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Is this for real... o_O

Anyway, look for viruses not spyware. >_> If all else fails, lift the keys of your keyboard off and check if anything is blocking the keys. Unless you don't know how to do that then I suggest you don't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 2:52 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Demulesca wrote:
Is this for real... o_O

Anyway, look for viruses not spyware. >_> If all else fails, lift the keys of your keyboard off and check if anything is blocking the keys. Unless you don't know how to do that then I suggest you don't.

I think I have it fixed now. I played around with the registry, out of desperation, and after a few kicks to the mainboard, and forced restarts, it's finally working again.

No idea what was wrong, though... Or how to fix it again.

I checked for spyware & viruses, using NOD32 and Ad Aware Pro.. Found nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:07 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Well now you'll never know...
until it happens again.

What did you do in the registry? Maybe that'll give you a clue to what happened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:46 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Demulesca wrote:
Well now you'll never know...
until it happens again.

What did you do in the registry? Maybe that'll give you a clue to what happened.

do you want me to be honest?

I haven't the slightest clue. I was checking in the keyboard language profile bit, or whatever it is. I can't really remember where I was specifically without browsing to that area again.

If it goes wrong again, though. I'll bump up this thread... Then maybe someone can tell me what I actually did. xD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:40 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
Ok this is really weird. Maybe backup all your data and format but only as a last resort. If you can't do this, you could always just call up a computer technician (usually where you bought your computer from) and ask them for some help.

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:34 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Kymothy wrote:
Ok this is really weird. Maybe backup all your data and format but only as a last resort. If you can't do this, you could always just call up a computer technician (usually where you bought your computer from) and ask them for some help.

I doubt that I'll need to reformat over something as trival as a keyboard software malfunction. I'm going to wait and see how it goes...

Saying that, however, my computer has been playing up lately... I can no longer play a certain video game, because it hangs in the task manager instead of actually opening.

And yesterday, my left and right mouse buttons reversed .:/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 12:49 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I think you're being bit by a really bad virus. The longer you keep it, the more it'll just keep affecting you.

Reformatting is the best idea I can think of, not to mention it'll give your PC less of a bog-down after the refreshing.

I'll ask my computer friends to see if they know the issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:00 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Demulesca wrote:
I think you're being bit by a really bad virus. The longer you keep it, the more it'll just keep affecting you.

Reformatting is the best idea I can think of, not to mention it'll give your PC less of a bog-down after the refreshing.

I tend to refrain from reformatting when my computer is clean.

These problems may or may not be related. It could easily be a software/driver glitch. I'd rather not lose my data until I *really* have to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:48 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

littleboy6326 wrote:
Demulesca wrote:

These problems may or may not be related. It could easily be a software/driver glitch. I'd rather not lose my data until I *really* have to.

That is why you backup. Preferably with an external harddrive. But if you don't have one of those; your computer should at least have a DVD R/W drive, you wouldn't need more than 6 DVDs to backup up your programmes, music, pictures etc. Even four or five would be sufficient, unless you store excessive amounts of music, or high-quality movies on your computer.

kudos sasha+gregory // PPT's Unofficial President

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:55 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Paul wrote:
littleboy6326 wrote:
Demulesca wrote:

That is why you backup. Preferably with an external harddrive. But if you don't have one of those; your computer should at least have a DVD R/W drive, you wouldn't need more than 6 DVDs to backup up your programmes, music, pictures etc. Even four or five would be sufficient, unless you store excessive amounts of music, or high-quality movies on your computer.

DVD-8s store around 5 GB.

I have 228 GB of data on my striped hard drives.

That would be 45.6 CDs, give or take a few.

:o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:58 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

littleboy6326 wrote:
Paul wrote:
littleboy6326 wrote:
Demulesca wrote:

Of what? Downloaded videos, or what? I've never heard of any domestic user having that much stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:44 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
I think that's around the size of my boyfriend's music library in MP3 format.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:03 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Paul wrote:
littleboy6326 wrote:
Paul wrote:
littleboy6326 wrote:
Demulesca wrote:

Of what? Downloaded videos, or what? I've never heard of any domestic user having that much stuff.

Graphics, Linux Files, Backup Of The Wildboyz Dvds, Video Games, and a hell lot of documents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:11 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Well, if you have that much stuff, you should have an external harddrive. Just put your stuff on that and reformat.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next