Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:53 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Adobe Flash -- GIFs.
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:39 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I'm trying to create a signature for the forums, but I am having trouble exporting as a GIF.

I am not aware whether or not PinkPT allows SWFs as Signatures, but I imagine there is a way to abuse this to implement a cookie grabber, or whatever.

When I try to export as a GIF, it ignores the animation I have inside of the MC's... So I get quite a terrible looking animation.

Is there anything I can do to recognise the MC's for a GIF?

How about a quicker way to move the embedded animations onto the main timeline?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:30 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Are you using Adobe ImageReady or Macromedia Flash? Those are two separate programs...In ImageReady you save optimized as a GIF. I don't think PPT allows SWF.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:38 pm 

I assume they don't allow swf, mainly because most people don't use it. But I am sure Kym or a smart PPTer will know the answer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:51 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I am not sure if PPT allows signatures to be in a .swf format. In reality, they cannot actually prohibit signatures in a .swf format, unless they went and checked everyone's signatures so they complied (there is no way to stop someone putting the code in, as long as it fitted.)

However, one particular note to consider: Yoshi, one of PPT's moderators, has had several rather neat .swf signatures in the past. He is probably the best person to ask (via PM).

kudos sasha+gregory // PPT's Unofficial President

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:58 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Adobe recently bought Macromedia Flash, and I am using Adobe Flash CS3 Professional.

Well, I'll wait until a moderator spies this topic, and perhaps then they could fill us in whether they are against the rules or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:04 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Paul wrote:
I am not sure if PPT allows signatures to be in a .swf format. In reality, they cannot actually prohibit signatures in a .swf format, unless they went and checked everyone's signatures so they complied (there is no way to stop someone putting the code in, as long as it fitted.)

Sure we can! Flash files do not load from img tags, and you can't just write HTML and expect it to work around here, so we have to explicitly allow embedding SWF files before they'll work around here.

Having said that, the following will embed a flash animation using BBCode:
Code:
[flash width=X height=Y]URL[/flash]

Will you stop with the honour stuff?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:51 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Hunter Lupe wrote:
Paul wrote:

Sure we can! Flash files do not load from img tags, and you can't just write HTML and expect it to work around here, so we have to explicitly allow embedding SWF files before they'll work around here.

Having said that, the following will embed a flash animation using BBCode:
Code:
[flash width=X height=Y]URL[/flash]

So I'm assuming SWF files are allowed in PinkPT, thereby, saving me the effort of saving it as a GIF?

Or am I just assuming?

Well, I have shoved it up, and if needs be, a moderator can always ask me to remove / remove it.

BEHOLD.
BEHOLD THE POWERS OF POOR ANIMATION SKILLS.

EDIT: Oh wait, they don't come up in edited posts... :/ Well, my next post will have it, then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:07 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

remember there are file size restrictions too - make sure you've checked that out. They can be found here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:21 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Rachel wrote:
remember there are file size restrictions too - make sure you've checked that out. They can be found here

I would have thought the file size difference would be different for SWF-- as that is low priority as the page is loading. However, I shall remove the signature, and optimize it a bit, to try and get it closer to the filesize specified.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]