Got a little techonology problem that you need fixed pronto? Post it here and we'll see what we can do.
Topic locked

Php

Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:33 am

So who's having as much fun as me learning PHP at the moment? :)

Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:26 pm

A year or so ago, I was caught up in the newsposting frenzy and made an extremely simple PHP page which helped me in finding new stuff, but my interest started waning, and I couldn't be bothered to keep updating it, so now it just sits there doing nothing useful ;)

Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:27 pm

Indeed, php rawks and also gives me a good living ;)

Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:42 am

werepup wrote:Indeed, php rawks and also gives me a good living ;)

Hey, thats exactly what I'm doing with it!! XD

Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:45 pm

heh. You can't really make money off of PHP when you are 12... ;D

Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:22 am

I will never learn PHP! Never! Off to start a mob and retaliation against PHP.

I can't really make anything off of it considering: I don't have ads, I can't do it, and I don't have any time at all.

But it's good to know that someone can do PHP around here.

Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:20 am

I'm pertty keen to learn it. Any suggestions on how to start for a newbie?

Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:25 am

Kym wrote:I'm pertty keen to learn it. Any suggestions on how to start for a newbie?

Buy as many thick, 1000+ page books. They often come with CDs; with enough content from CDs, you don't even need to read the books!

Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:24 am

http://www.php.net there's lots of tutorials and explinations of what the commands mean.

Oh yeah, and you could try http://www.w3schools.com/php/default.asp w3schools to learn from too. :)

Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:54 pm

Uncle Xyzzy wrote:
Kym wrote:I'm pertty keen to learn it. Any suggestions on how to start for a newbie?

Buy as many thick, 1000+ page books. They often come with CDs; with enough content from CDs, you don't even need to read the books!

Actually, there's a good book I picked up that's called something like "Learn PHP, MySQL, and Apache in 24 Hours!" (Each lesson is like an hour long). For me, I don't plan on programming my own server anytime soon, so I'm skipping the Apache part. :P

Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:49 pm

Dragonfire wrote:
Uncle Xyzzy wrote:

Actually, there's a good book I picked up that's called something like "Learn PHP, MySQL, and Apache in 24 Hours!" (Each lesson is like an hour long). For me, I don't plan on programming my own server anytime soon, so I'm skipping the Apache part. :P

I will never learn Apache! Never! But that's because I'm lazy, I'm just beginning at MySQL and what makes me think I'll get good at Apache, and good ol' Powweb installs all the crap I need on a database for me (all I have to do is make the username and password for the database).
Topic locked