Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 7:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Heroes (split 2)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:09 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Last thread: http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30201

overall good episode!
A bit annoyed that they didn't explain how Sylar got back into the cage! Did I miss something or did they just leave that part out?

It appears that Linderman is the center for it all.

loving invisibility man! He's gonna help out alot of the heroes.

When HRG was talking to the Doc he said "they" don't want him dead. My guess would be that he's working for Linderman.

~Zilary - No, thats not me. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:00 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
It was a fine and fun episode. Good Hiro comic relief. The only downside was that I waited the whole dang episode to see The Doctor and he was only on for less than a minute! :x (At least I recognized him and had to explain to my dad who the guy was). Hope we get more of The Doctor next episode! :D

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:21 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

How convenient- the show returns at 10 pages. Topic's been split.

While we didn't get a cliffhanger, I liked the episode. Hiro and Nathan need more scenes. ("Vlln?") They need to make Matt's story more interesting and Niki's story needs to tie in with the rest, but at least they finally made Simone bearable.

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:06 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm such a fanboy!
They mentioned my hometown!
Eden's body was found in Ramsey Lake in Sudbury, Ontario! How random? We are no where near Odessa Texas (where Sylar killed her).

Great episode.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:30 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Moogum wrote:
I'm such a fanboy!
Eden's body was found in Ramsey Lake in Sudbury, Ontario! How random? We are no where near Odessa Texas (where Sylar killed her).

Heh, I was the same way when Hiro mention to the girl at the diner (forgot her name) about a foreign film playing at the Alamo Drafthouse in Austin, Texas. :P

This was a great episode. Niki/Jessica was pretty interesting in this one, especially with the Gollum-esque camera angles.

I agree about Matt's story, it's getting a little old. I mean, almost every movie that has some sort of person who can read minds does the same exact thing where people think he's crazy.

I can't wait for Micah to show off his power to his dad. Apparently he's going to do something to an ATM machine.

The conversation between HRG and Mohinder reminded me of Magneto versus Professor Xavier. Y'know, how they both are striving for the same general ideal but they have different ways of getting to it.

Speculation Central - Thinking about the future... Today!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:39 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Yoshi wrote:
Hiro and Nathan need more scenes. They need to make Matt's story more interesting and Niki's story needs to tie in with the rest, but at least they finally made Simone bearable.

SPOILER
V
V
V
V
V
V
VVVVVVVVV
you dont have to worry, nikki's story will be tied in with the rest VERY soon.... more so Matt and Nathan... mostly nathan, actually.
Actually, the whole point of the jail is that it is the place where Jessica and Nikki get to finally duke it out. They will fight fight fight until one is the official victor, and she is back on the streets with one person obviously having complete power over the other. Which one is it? me no talkee :D
ACTUALLY, if you're looking for more scenes with Ando and Hiro.... they are coming right up. The guy who played Sooloo on star trek is guest starring as Hiro's huge coroporate father who wants Hiro to forget his powers.. will Ando be able to save him time before he turns into an average joe? hmmm i wonderrrr.....

matt's story will develop very soon. He'll have a run in with Nikki, and his wife has a very big surprise for him (even bigger than the affair).... oh, and another thing, did i mention she's preggers? I wonder who the father is! you want more matt? more matt is on its way.

susannahmio wrote:
[color=blue]

loving invisibility man! He's gonna help out alot of the heroes.

SPOILER
V
V
V
V
Actually... he's only helping out one hero in particular. That'd be..... the only person who can see him, Peter. The guy's name is Claude, and his power is obviously invisibility, but he's had this power for a while and has learned how to wield his powers perfectly, and since Peter has power mimicry has his power, he can turn invisible/see invisible people... so Claude helps Peter learn to harness his powers to the best of his abilities (the whole mimicry power in general, not just invisiblity).... its a major turning point in terms of peter petrelli understanding his powers!

Dragonfire wrote:
Moogum wrote:
I can't wait for Micah to show off his power to his dad. Apparently he's going to do something to an ATM machine.

I too am super excited to see the extent of Micah's powers.... his power is called Technopathy, which is basically a power that lets you control technology or electronics with your mind.

I have a gazillion spoilers if anybody wants to hear them..... about each character, really.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:57 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
The Wonder Weezel wrote:
Moogum wrote:

I too am super excited to see the extent of Micah's powers.... his power is called Technopathy, which is basically a power that lets you control technology or electronics with your mind.

So he is just a pre-teen Jake 2.0 without the other superpowers? Well, if he is half the geek Jake Foley is, then I will like him.

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:27 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Moogum wrote:
I'm such a fanboy!

Great episode.

Hey, fellow Sudburian. Also, the quote was a little bit messed up.. he said something to the effect of "Sudbury, about 100 miles out of Ontario".. sort of odd, and makes me wonder if they originally wrote it meaning Sudbury Ma, which is about 200 miles from the Ontario border, or even more likely, Sudbury Vermont, which is exactly 100 miles from Ontario. Then, looking for a lake to facilitate the script, some schmuck may have googled 'lake + sudbury' and found "Lake Ramsey", which is of course, a lake in Sudbury, Ontario...

That, or they meant '100 miles outside of Toronto, Ontario'.. which would make more sense, but it's more like 250 miles, so even that is flawed :P

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:51 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

This is a little off-topics, but on the Heroes chat the other day (the chat from 9thwonders.com) we said that Micah's going to build Terminators and SkyNet, and then Peter will have to save Claire (aka John Connor). :lol:

Anyways, Hiro's father won't make him forget his power, he likes it too much.

... Although, he might start turning evil since he did steal the fake sword. <_<

(On a side note, did anyone notice that he didn't actually STOP time, he just slowed it down? I thought that was weird.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:06 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Dragonfire wrote:
This is a little off-topics, but on the Heroes chat the other day (the chat from 9thwonders.com) we said that Micah's going to build Terminators and SkyNet, and then Peter will have to save Claire (aka John Connor). :lol:

Anyways, Hiro's father won't make him forget his power, he likes it too much.

... Although, he might start turning evil since he did steal the fake sword. <_<

(On a side note, did anyone notice that he didn't actually STOP time, he just slowed it down? I thought that was weird.)

He only slowed down time cause his powers a fading, he needs the sword to control his power.

~Zilary - No, thats not me. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:22 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

... I didn't know that. o_O I knew something was wrong with his powers, but I didn't know he was actually losing them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:39 am 
PPT God
PPT God

DragonDoodies wrote:
Moogum wrote:
I'm such a fanboy!

Great episode.

Hey, fellow Sudburian. Also, the quote was a little bit messed up.. he said something to the effect of "Sudbury, about 100 miles out of Ontario".. sort of odd, and makes me wonder if they originally wrote it meaning Sudbury Ma, which is about 200 miles from the Ontario border, or even more likely, Sudbury Vermont, which is exactly 100 miles from Ontario. Then, looking for a lake to facilitate the script, some schmuck may have googled 'lake + sudbury' and found "Lake Ramsey", which is of course, a lake in Sudbury, Ontario...

That, or they meant '100 miles outside of Toronto, Ontario'.. which would make more sense, but it's more like 250 miles, so even that is flawed :P

I was confused by the "100 miles out of Ontario" part, too, but definitely didn't look into the possibilities for this error, because I was so excited that we were randomly mentioned!

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:53 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Ooh, TV Guide did an interview with Tim Kring about what's in store for Heroes in February. Linkage

Some excerpts...

Quote:
Hit us with the bad news first. Who's dying? Are we going to hate you? Some people will be upset, sure. During February sweeps we are going to kill off one of our regulars, someone who has been with the show from the very beginning.

And the question right after that, they imply that the person may not be an actual hero, aka someone who's heroic. I'm thinking it might be Niki/Jessica, but that would be sad because she has an interesting storyline.

And we might already know who Claire's dad is. o__O I'm trying to think who he might be, but I'm coming up with nothing...

Oooh, I wonder if it's Linderman. That would be ironic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:18 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

The Wonder Weezel wrote:

I have a gazillion spoilers if anybody wants to hear them..... about each character, really.

And where did you get those? ;)

I know some stuff, but I can't say. Heh. It's mostly Claire-related and really cool (her dad's not Linderman, btw ;)). My friend's next episode is number 17 and it's basically the HRG origin story, and it's all about HRG and Claire -- there are no b stories in the episode. It's apparently awesome and destined to be a fan favorite.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:55 am 
PPT God
PPT God

SPOILERS ABOUT DEATH!!!

V
V
V
V
V
v
v
v

about the whole death topic you are talking about, yes, you WILL be dissapointed. To bring up first, I'm not saying he dies, but monday's epsisode was Zach's last.
Also, it is true that a hero will die before the seaon is over.... i reallllly dont want to ruin the element of surprise, i kind of wish i didnt know... if somebody really wants to know, you can ask, but to leave you in suspense and suspicion, ill give you these clues.
The person who dies was in the opening minutes of the trailer show.
Thats right. The person who dies will either be: Mohinder, Peter, Simone, H.R.G., Niki/Jessica, Micah, or Claire.

I know thats a lot of characters to list, but like i said, im not giving anything away.... unless you want to know. But just the fact that its one of THESE people.... that should feel wierd.

BUT.. one thing to remember. Just because a character dies does NOT mean they are off the show.

Thats right.....

Dead characters are uh, more than likely to reappear in further episodes, so have no fear... they are still there spiritually. :D

EDIT:

oh, btw, dont listen to anything you read on 9thwonders.com. There are bigger theorists there than anywhere else, thus you really shouldnt trust anything. I 100% believe that anything said about micah building the bomb etc etc and all that junk is completely false and merely something that people WANT to happen... so they tell themselves it will and then it spreads like wildfire. Ick.

Cranberry wrote:
I know some stuff, but I can't say. Heh. It's mostly Claire-related and really cool (her dad's not Linderman, btw ;)). My friend's next episode is number 17 and it's basically the HRG origin story, and it's all about HRG and Claire -- there are no b stories in the episode. It's apparently awesome and destined to be a fan favorite.

I'm SUPER excited for this episode (the episode in 3 episodes).... we get to find out where he comes from, how he got to where he is, how he adopted Claire and who his partner used to be.... ….By the origin episode you will have a very, very keen understanding of who he is, and it's wonderful, because there's a sympathy for the character that he's never had before and also a certain horror. I'm craving this episode.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next