Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: A Special Present
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:49 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I recently found out that my best friend is moving to Virginia. No one in her family wants to go, but her dad is in the military- so they have to. They are living four days before my birthday. I was wondering what to get her as a going away present... it has to be special because this is probably the last time we will see each other in a long time. I was thinking maybe a scrapbook of something- I happen to have lots of pictures of us together. This is incredibly hard for me to go through... I just want her to know that I'm going to miss her and that I care about her so much. If you have any suggestions, please post them.

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:06 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

A scrapbook sounds excellent. You can add all kinds of bits and pieces. You can write entries, then put something near it to remind you like: movie ticket stubs, pressed flowers, pictures, fabric swatches (that can actually be cool, like if a certain event happened based around something someone wore), ribbon, stickers, etc. Be creative.

I know what it's like to have an excellent friend move away. You should do something together before she goes. A whole girls' day. Maybe go see a movie, shop, go out to eat, have a sleepover, whatever you two enjoy doing together. A big blast before she leaves. Just remember to keep in touch afterwards.

Ooh, another good present could be something to keep in touch with, like a stationary set and a ton of stamps. Maybe even a decorative pen. Let us know what you finally decide on. I love to hear about thoughtful presents. :)

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:15 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

When my best friend moved to Switzerland that's what I gave her, a scrapbook. Since we had been friends for a long time and I keep everything people give me, I had plenty of material to work with, I tried to add things that would remind her of special moments, insides jokes, stuff like that.

It's always nice to go back and see all those memories :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:19 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

When my friend left my school, I collected a bunch of stuff that she'd remember of her friends (photos, places we'd been to, anything and everything) and bought an A3 Visual Diary. I just filled it up like a scrapbook, and she loved it :)

Gone, forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:51 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Thanks for the advice, guys. :) I'm going to go look at scrapbooks today to see if I could possibly work against my crafting disabilities and make a nice one.

If you have any more ideas, though, please tell me!

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:13 am 
PPT God
PPT God

in addition to the scrapbook, get her something 'cuddly' like a SOFT bear or something. kinda make it look/smell like you do too. so when shes looking through it, and she turns to the bear, she'll have something to hold and have while doing so. turn the nostalgia up. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:10 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
I really like that idea of a scrap book, and a cuddly toy. Somthing from the heart ^_^

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]