Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Oct 11, 2024 6:23 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:54 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

i won it i put 125 northwest

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:55 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Jens wrote:
well, are you sure you spelled Meters correctly? It might be important...

I spelt it the Eurpean way - metres. Of course, the site is littered with english spellings, so I doubt that was the problem...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:08 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I've gotten answers wrong for omitting units of measure, but never for adding them.

There are other reasons you and your friend could've not won, granted they're not very likely, they are more likely than a computer discriminating against you and your friend.

When you submit a score, just clicking that button will give you the page that says you submitted an answer, it's a very simple form and in this case it works just like clicking on an image to enter a site, regardless of what happens between your computer (or what doesn't happen) you will still be shown the "Thanks for submitting" page because that's what you told your browser to show you. Keeping this in mind, there could've been disfunctions on either your or Neopets' end when it comes to the computers involved. They get many many answers at a time, and while they can handle alot, there is a limit to how many can be processed at a single moment, perhaps you and your friend we trying to submit at very high traffic times.

The information could've never left your browser. Your computer has to properly process and send the information to the neopets server in order for them to get it, your computer could've misunderstood the directions of the form and not sent the info to the neopets cgi script that processes the answers.

There are other such answers of course, not that any of them are correct, just possibilities. You could've mixed-up the answer when you were typing it and not realized it because you were so excited. Your local internet provider could've gone on the fritz for a small amount of time.

I also agree with Jens. It has been a week since this contest started, so one of you could've forgotten exactly what they put as their answer. Perhaps your friend did put in 125 meters and simply forgot.

Hehe, perhaps you and your friend just have rotten luck, lol. j/k of course.
~Maria

53/109 McD Plushies -=- 'This job is so much better than being a bingo ball'
If you poke a BLUE candychan in the belly, will it giggle like the pilsbury dough boy?
No, it will bite you. Don't do it.

Post subject: Re: Moan...
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:54 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

loudgrrl4_ever wrote:
Matt wrote:
After completing the Lenny Conundrum, working it out by myself, and submitting the answer "125 metres" I didn't get the prize, however, I needed to input "125"!! Why should inputting a measurement make your answer incorrect! This is ridiculous...

That's impossible. The program that reads all of the answers simply matches the correct answer with the responses given. So if you typed "I think it's 250" or "The answer is 250" or "250 meters" and it was told to look for 250, it would count all of those as correct. I've won several times on other accounts and never had the same wording as TNT has in their answer.

You know, technically, if all the program does is look for a keyword, you could input "248, 249, 250, 251, 252, 253" or something if you know the answer is approximately 250, and has to be a whole number. O_o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:54 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
I'm inclined to agree. It seems to be more of a case of you weren't the first 250 people. I'm sure the answer checker wouldn't discriminate based on an extra word.

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

Post subject: Re: Moan...
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:07 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

vivian58 wrote:
You know, technically, if all the program does is look for a keyword, you could input "248, 249, 250, 251, 252, 253" or something if you know the answer is approximately 250, and has to be a whole number. O_o

Yes, you could. However the space for the answer is very limited, so you couldn't guess a ton of them. They could disclude answers with too many extranious numbers, but that wouldn't be the case we're talking about.

And just as a side note, generally if you know the general area of the answer, you also know the answer. That doesn't mean it's always correct, but generally you can arive on a sound decision or none at all.

~Maria

53/109 McD Plushies -=- 'This job is so much better than being a bingo ball'
If you poke a BLUE candychan in the belly, will it giggle like the pilsbury dough boy?
No, it will bite you. Don't do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:13 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I think a person should only be allowed to win LC or MP, even CC once every few months, or so. I know alot of people who are LC junkies, and always win it first hand.

I'm protesting LC ever since Adam took a break from it, and never handed prizes to the one left unsolved for so long. I KNOW that I won. *hmpf*

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2