Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Oct 10, 2024 2:27 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:11 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Well, to be fair, me and a few members in my Guild have discussed starting a small Adoption Agency, as a kinda side project for the Guild. As I have a Lab Ray, I have offered to help. I'm currently labbing a Brown Pteri to try and make it a little bit more desirable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:33 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I do it all the time on my pound hunting account.It's not allowed, but I've never heard of one case of someone even getting warned about it.

Thats a real snaggle-toothed needlepoint jalopeno! A truly strawberried television!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:44 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I'd be careful. Just because it isn't a rule written in stone somewhere, doesn't mean it's not against the rules. There are many, many unwritten rules floating about.

Personally, I wouldn't risk my account to make a few thousand on selling a petpet. There are easier ways to make the same amount of nps. And, the others are right: sooner or later the staff might figure out what you are doing. Ask anyone who knows: it is mighty hard to get a frozen account unfrozen--even if you didn't break any written rule.

Tested made this fabulous set for me!!! Isn't it great?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:47 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Yeah, I do feel a bit uncomfortable doing it. However, I don't see why Neo allow users to abandon petpets with the pet. I think the petpet should be sent back to the users inventory. But still, even if it is a loophole in Neo's rules, its not something I want to be frozen for abusing.

Post subject: Re: Is this allowed?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:53 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

AlligatorHater wrote:
Every day, I go into the pound, copy the pets name into the 'Search' box, see if it has a petpet, if it does, I adopt, remove petpet, put the pet back in the pound and sell the petpet. So far I've got:
Pepito
Airax
Tenna
Horus
Stego

BUT...is this allowed?!

There isn't any rule about it. But to be honest if you over do something they can bring new rules in. Like the petpet detaches when you put it into the pound. And that would be terrible X_x

On the other hand, some of the pets I adopt to lab have petpets. I sometimes sell the pet if I'm low on np and it's quite expensive. But more often then not they only have cheap petpets so I leave it on.

http://alienaisha.blogspot.com
lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:16 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

going by our logical interpretation of the rules, you are not in trouble for doing so. many players with strong battle pets do it once a day to safeguard their pets. your action is technically not different from them. BUT the problem is do moderators really freeze an account for breaking the written rules or they can freeze if they discover a conduct they don't like and make up their own rules? if a moderator don't like what you are doing and it don't even have to be illegal, you are in trouble.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:30 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

AlligatorHater wrote:
Sure, I know the point of Neo isn't really to make NP fast, but you could always look at it like this:

There's all these poor NeoPets in the pound, with poor petpets attached. Now these Neopets that are in the pound are weak, and don't stand out, they may have silly names, people will be reluctant to adopt them. Therefore, there are Petpets sitting in the pound, quite possibly never to be homed again. Until I come along. I rescue the Petpet from its fate, sell it to another owner, who can use this new found friend with ihs pet or in a gallery. Who's hurt? Quite possibly the poor Neopet who won't ever get noticed, but at least the poor unnoticeable Neopet isn't also hindering the chance of the Petpet to be homed.

So I guess you could say I'm a saviour. :P Or, someone that likes the quick bit of NP which can always be very handy. Of course, thats only one side to the story ;)

You can also interpret it as this:

The Lenny named 'ihavenoname1234567' was fed well in the Neopian pound, unlike his previous owner 'abc12321' who left him there, unwilling to share a bite of his Everlasting Apple. His frienf 'white' the Feepit were living happily in the pound, playing games and being happy -- which 'abc12321' did not allow. One day, a evil NP hungry Neopian named 'AlligatorHater' adopts him. 'ihavenoname1234567' had high hopes that this owner was better than his last. No. after 1 minute after removing his friend 'white' the Feepit, he was carelessly abandoned, without even a 'Poisonous Lollypop', which was frequently given to him by 'ihavenoname1234567'. 'abc12321' returns heartbroken to the pound, never wanting to see another "Owner" again.

Anyway, I agree with Mystique: When the mods are grumpy, they freeze people who are going through loopholes of rules.

You can't really get a good petpet and make a lot of money. Restocking is more profitable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:31 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Quote:
Sure its not nice, but if you wanna make NP fast, you gotta play dirty

Wouldn't it be faster to just restock? I mean, you might make 3k off a petpet you took 20 min. to search for; whereas you might make 10k restocking every 8 minutes. Seems a pretty tedious way to make NP, but whatever works for ya :P

Quote:
On the other hand, some of the pets I adopt to lab have petpets. I sometimes sell the pet if I'm low on np and it's quite expensive.

Same here. Its one of the things I look for when looking for a pet with a decent name to zap...I like to think of it as my reward :D

I don't really have feelings towards abandoning pixels :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:01 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Ugh, all this talk about Restocking. If I could Restock, it would be all I would be doing on neo. However, I can not restock! Most I can make from restocking is about 10k, which isn't *that* much, and it isn't *that* common for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:26 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

You don't need to restock.
I've made a quick 10k on games before so I could donate it to certain friends (Shame I don't do that everyday!). And I know people allways say "But I can't, I can't!!" but trust me. Once you've found a few neo games you like and have practised, you will find you can make more np in 20 minuites playing your favourite games and restocking** than 20 minuites looking for a pet with a cheap petpet attached.

**Restocking can be boring and many people can't be botherd. But you can't have everthing easy. But eventually it is easyer.

http://alienaisha.blogspot.com
lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:10 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

kamehameha0 wrote:
I do it all the time on my pound hunting account.It's not allowed, but I've never heard of one case of someone even getting warned about it.

Even if it's not allowed and you haven't been warned about it doesn't make it right. I think it's low of anyone to do something as cruel as what you and AlligatorHater is doing.

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:18 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Ammer wrote:
Even if it's not allowed and you haven't been warned about it doesn't make it right. I think it's low of anyone to do something as cruel as what you and AlligatorHater is doing.

I'm sorry to have to break this to you, but Neopets isn't real. They're only pictures. I see what I'm doing as the same as restocking

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:33 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
Of course it's allowed, but didn't Neopets make it so any pounded pet would automatically have his/her battledome + petpet items removed?

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:36 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I dunno, they definately didn't for petpet. I think, however, that they *should*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:39 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

AlligatorHater wrote:
Ammer wrote:

I'm sorry to have to break this to you, but Neopets isn't real. They're only pictures. I see what I'm doing as the same as restocking

I know that. Don't talk down to me. I think it's cruel because of what you're actually doing to the users. You're making more pets stay in the Pound resulting in making the Pound fill up more with unwanted pets. Making the site go slower because it's filling up the SERVER. It's cruel to us.

Set by Medli

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next