Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:01 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Go Greased Lightning...
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:19 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Hey all. Guess what! My drama group is putting on their show this year and guess what. I got a part in Grease, the main play in the show, and by main play, I mean the big play. My drama group is big and so our shows consist of many plays like last year they had selections from Once A Catholic, Fame and others. Anyways, in Grease, I'm.... Eugine. Unfortunately, I've never seen Grease, so I don't know who my character is. Could anyone tell me please?

ImageImage
Set - Sunnie
Blinkie - Chass
Left.
ALL HAIL XENU!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:24 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Well I can't actually remember Eugene's name from Grease but I have seen the movie a few times.

I'm thinking Eugene is probably a part of the gang in the high school. And why did you try out for Eugene if you had no idea who he is?

Danny is the leader of the gang, the other members I have no idea.

Then basically the rest of the male members in the play are a gang from another highschool and jocks.

(He who fights with monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster). And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:37 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Grease ia great :D
If you have got a pat, I suggest you rent the movie or borrow it from someone, I can't remember who this person is...

|Nifty set by Silja|

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:39 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Sakura, I didn't audition for him. Our drama group leaders give us parts based on or ability and what they think we would be best suited at.

ImageImage
Set - Sunnie
Blinkie - Chass
Left.
ALL HAIL XENU!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:39 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

:shock: Gee, you should've watched the movie before auditioning...

... do they tell you the names of the gang in Grease anyway?

|| Set // WIS < 33 ||

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:00 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Ixistant wrote:
Sakura, I didn't audition for him. Our drama group leaders give us parts based on or ability and what they think we would be best suited at.

Oh dear *chokes*

Erm....Eugene in Grease is the (how do I put this nicely) school geek...the T-Birds pick on him and stuff. You don't really see him much in the film but as our school production of Grease was a mix of the film, musical and our own improvisations, Eugene became a main role. In the film he only has a few little lines but I think he has lots to do in the musical script. I think it depends on what script you are following. Hope this helps :D

My drama group does that too with the parts, I got Frenchy! I was well chuffed! Although the role desciption is "good natured and slighty dumb"..... ahh well lol

Our production finished a few weeks ago and I miss it sooo much! I'll give you a slight warning though, you WILL get fed up of the "Grease is still the word" jokes when it's all over! Lol! :lol:

It's coming...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:27 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Wow. Talk about typecasting (as I'm a sort of geek in my school). Anyways, I think we're following the musical script where everyones a main character. Anyway, thanks for telling me. Now to see if I could borrow the movie off of my drama teacher...

ImageImage
Set - Sunnie
Blinkie - Chass
Left.
ALL HAIL XENU!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:31 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I don't remember a geek Eugene... Well I thought Eugene was the hair guy in the T-bird with the black hair.

Our school holds auditions for plays because then students can choose what parts they play but whether they qualify for it or not is based on ability. Sure the auditions are effected by fitting of character, but not completely.

That's strange.. well to me, at least.

(He who fights with monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster). And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:44 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

We audition too if there are lots of people going for the parts but our drama teacher has a tendency to favourtise certain people :evil: There are five of them and are all more or less talentless. It gets on my nerves. Some people say that I'm the best dancer in our school but I say I'm not, because not everyone is given the chance to show off their talents. I'm pretty lucky but I've already been type cast as a dancer. Frenchy was my first ever main(ish) role

I'd prefer to audition really, it gives you a sense of self satisfaction when you finally get a role.

It's coming...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:53 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Well, they know us. Our leaders are teachers at our high school and since this will be almost a year and a half next month, they know us pretty well and what we are good at playing. They give out the parts and they say "if you don't like it, then tough". And I think thats good. Because there are quite a few people who have talent but who have been shoved to the back of the class because their weren't enough parts. They are good at acting, but they may not have any parts that are suited to them. Like last year, there were a few people who didn't have parts and were just in the chorus but they have good parts this year. It all comes down to what they think we're good at.

ImageImage
Set - Sunnie
Blinkie - Chass
Left.
ALL HAIL XENU!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:53 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Yes, I agree. (I like Frenchie) Auditioning makes it feel more worthwhile because you know someone else had potential to get it but you're the one who earned it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:14 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I like getting parts that I deserve. If it's a big drama group obviously everybodies talents can't be fully explored, therefore, just because a teacher think you're the best one for the part, you may not be (in the case of the favourites at my school). Wow that was pretty uncomprehensive.

This is a bit of a sore point for me really as the most talented actor in our entire school is looked down upon by the "drama crew". Auditions provide a fair way for everyone to show off their hidden talents

It's coming...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:54 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Hair Gel and toooight pants!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:40 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Oh wow! That's brilliant!

I was a part of the Grease production last year. I had such a lot of fun (but my grades slipped). The main parts went to the A-Level and GCSE Drama students, mostly.

I loved the guy who plays Eugene. He was an out-and-out, total, thorough geek. He didn't let anything stop him and even wore those pinup overalls which is usually stereotyped as "dork". He definitely didn't care what kind of a "dork" he seemed. I think the best part of that character was that you can be as self-humiliating as you like to be and the more embarassing you are the better you are at being Eugene. I didn't watch the movie though. The production will be different at any rate because the stage musical was slightly different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:42 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Cool.

My school kinda did a semi-Grease thing, didn't get to see it though,lousy tickets*continues mumbling*

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next