Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:29 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:08 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

anjuna wrote:
EDIT: DUR, I just realize that Orrin himself, the witness to the "crime" says he heard AND saw someone fall off the port side! Last page Chap 1. Well, that is if the port hole is on the port side? Or are they all around?

He said he saw through a porthole, someone falling. I'm pretty positive that a porthole means any window in a ship, not just one that is on the port side (that's what the dictionary says, anyway). Confusing, eh?

Set provided by: DM was on fire!
"Indeed in nothing is the power of the Dark Lord more clearly shown than in the estrangement that divides all those who still oppose him" ~ Haldir

Last edited by cslewislover on Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:15 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Actually, from the comic, I only see portholes on one side of the ship.

Edited because now I am confused about front/back and left/right. :oops:

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

Last edited by anjuna on Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:16 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

AySz88 wrote:
I think I'm going with "aftdeck", probably the real-world "poop deck", the platform on which the wheel is situated (as far as I can tell).

If there's any problems in my logic, or improvements, feel free to correct me. :)

I can't see the list anymore, but it seemed to me that there was another choice that would refer to the back (or poop) better than the aftdeck. I'm not sure, but you may want to check the definitions before you put in your final answer.

"Indeed in nothing is the power of the Dark Lord more clearly shown than in the estrangement that divides all those who still oppose him" ~ Haldir

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:22 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Bah, there is just another flaw in the comic. Back to assumptions. :roll:

In all but the last blurry image, the portholes are on the port side. Argh!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:23 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

anjuna wrote:
Actually, from the comic, I only see portholes on one side of the ship.

Edited because now I am confused about front/back and left/right. :oops:

He, he. That's funny; I think you're right. I think one could say, at least, that TNT wasn't consistent in the way they drew the ship. So, you probably can't base anything on the window locations.

Last edited by cslewislover on Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:25 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

cslewislover wrote:
AySz88 wrote:
I think I'm going with "aftdeck", probably the real-world "poop deck", the platform on which the wheel is situated (as far as I can tell).

If there's any problems in my logic, or improvements, feel free to correct me. :)

I can't see the list anymore, but it seemed to me that there was another choice that would refer to the back (or poop) better than the aftdeck. I'm not sure, but you may want to check the definitions before you put in your final answer.

The list is:

Foremast (the forward-most mast)
Helm (the ship's wheel)
Aftdeck (the poop deck)
Cargo crates (probably below decks)
Starboard railing (no portholes)
Port railing (no portholes)

The helm (the wheel itself) is *on* the aft deck. Nothing else indicates abaft-ness....

[edit] aft-ness -> abaft-ness to be technical :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:34 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

AySz88 wrote:
The list is:

Foremast (the forward-most mast)
Helm (the ship's wheel)
Aftdeck (the poop deck)
Cargo crates (probably below decks)
Starboard railing (no portholes)
Port railing (no portholes)

The helm (the wheel itself) is *on* the aft deck. Nothing else indicates abaft-ness....

[edit] aft-ness -> abaft-ness to be technical :p

Yea, aft means a rear place, but not necessarily rear-most; but the list doesn't have poop. Yet the helm is in the back, where the poop is, so it's not clear which one you should pick (in my thinking). I think I would pick helm, myself, since aft can mean near the rear, yet the helm is very much at the rear. o_O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:37 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Port:

Image o_O

Starboard:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:44 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Wow, you're quick; thanks for getting those pics for us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:50 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

No problem, just thought I would throw in yet another inconsistency (probably due to the err of human programming, ahem) just to drive everyone a liiiiiiiiiiiittle more crazy over all of this. :P Just kidding, reallly.

EDIT: I also find it strange in Kentari's story (the one with the boat view inconsistency) the Captain asks "is everyone okay?" and notices Hoban is gone but Chef Bonju is nowhere to be found in that scene either?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:45 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I said...

Who pushed Hoban? Bonju
When did he fall? 6:00
Where on the ship did he fall? aftdeck
Where is Hoban now? G19
Do you like Hoban's hat? yes, it's very stylish

[Previously Known As Zega]
The Game. You Just Lost It.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:35 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

What is bothering me, and maybe someone can understand better than me, is Bonju's story.
When were interviewing him he first says that after dinner he's washing the dishes, then he says right when he got to the silverwear it was "all hands on deck"

But in Kentaris interview he states that he saw Bonju coming out of the weapons room, and he was going to investigate but then he heard the "all hands on deck"
That put's Bonju in two places at once, because Bonju said he was washing dishes when they got the call for all hands on deck.

Also,Bonju said he was just getting a carving knife from the weapons room but why would you need a carving knife, after dinner.

Edited to add: That I agree with MagicKira, in a couple of days TNT will come on and give prizes to the people who didn't "spill the beans" and the rest of us will be left with nothing because we were to quick to rush to judgement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:51 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Who pushed Hoban? Linae
Where on the ship did he fall? aftdeck
Where is Hoban now? I22

why? Because Linae said she saw him a couple of times but we only know of 1. We know she didn't like him and thought he was bad luck. I chose 6 because he was seen twice at 5.
I22 because it looks like the same spot marked on both maps. and aftdeck cause thats what the majority guessed.

I would have picked Orrin if he had been a choice, just cause he could have snuck out of the room he was in and back in before they came to get him.

PS: Where's Dolphinling when you need him? He's good at this stuff!

~Zilary - No, thats not me. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:09 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I am inclined to guess Bonju, at 6, off the port railing, with Hoban at I22 and here is why (aplogies for the length beforehand):

There are some inconsistencies that can be explained and some that can't.

Linae claims to have seen Anshu go below deck at the beginning of the storm (she presumed for medical supplies) then helped Anshu repair a leak below deck toward the end of the storm.

The Captain very well could have told Anshu to go below deck at the beginning of the storm, but Linae did not know about the leak so assumed it was for medical supplies. Anshu admits to coming back above deck an hour into leak-fixing when he heard yelling, assuming someone was hurt. During this time he could easily have been seen on the deck by many other crew members, helped out, went back down to repair the leak which Linae helped him with toward the end of the storm.

When Anshu said he saw Hoban at 5:00 "arguing" with "someone" on the aftdeck, I believe he meant Bonju, hence he approached Bonju just after that inquiring as to what was bothering Hoban.

Anshu claims Bonju says he didn't know what was bothering Hoban.
Bonju, in his story, claims to know Hoban was bothered by Linae.
In fact, Bonju is the only one that won't admit (to his crew) he knew Hoban was bothered by Linae, when it was no secret at all to the rest of the crew already (including himself).

Hoban was seen at 5:00 and all hours prior to that time.

Orrin, through a porthole (only located on the port side of the ship -- except in one, hopefully an artist's flaw in Chapter 2), claimed to hear someone scream and see someone fall overboard.

Bonju claims to have been doing dishes when he heard the Captain call, but Kentari claims he witnessed Bonju coming out of the weapons room with a knife when he heard the Captain call.

Linea claims to have witnessed Hoban and Anshu arguing just before the Captain's call. Anshu's story confirms this, admitting the argument reached a crescendo when he heard the Captain call.

Bonju is nowhere to be found at the end of the storm when the Captain notices Hoban missing.

I think the red ink on the grid represents their overall expected and planned course to Mystery Island.

Assuming the Map with the islands and ships represents their original intended course to Mystery Island (remember they didn't make it there first, so were then headed to Krawk Island), overlaying the Grid and Map and considering the X on the other side of the arrow to represent their pre-storm location, one could conclude:

G19 represents where they were before the storm blew them off course. The red circle below that represents their location was after the storm blew them off course. The arrow represents the actual stormy course. Hoban must have fallen off somewhere inbetween the two, any by the sight of the boxes floating away from the ship, I am betting Hoban drifted away from the ship, too.

Assuming his last view Hoban sees of the ship is of the port side (nevermind that in his "assumed view" there are no port holes heh), he must be drifting away from the ship near I22.

EDIT: Yep, Chef Bonju lied two times, that just about did it for me. Dishonesty bugs the heck out of me. The rest of my decision is based on the "facts" as I interpreted above, plus my own nautical "skills". :roll:

Who pushed Hoban? Bonju
Where on the ship did he fall? port railing
Where is Hoban now? I22

(Further edited for elaboration on details only, my opinion has not changed.)

Last edited by anjuna on Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:33 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

anjuna Yep! Those were my thought's as well. But your post is so much more precise. Bonju is the only one who we know is lying, all the other crew members stories can be explained through reasoning.

I hope.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next