Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 6:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 543 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 37  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:53 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

[I'm sorry; my internet's been dying constantly. I have a question - isn't Apricus's and Swiss's characters still in the bedroom?]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:31 am 
PPT God
PPT God

(*Bounces* HI NEW PERSON! :D Welcome to Turie-World! *Carnival music plays*)

Mina yawned quietly, the words of the other Squad members dirfting in one ear and out the other. She was exhausted from the day. Exhaustion felt different. She couldn't remember the last time that she had the urge to go to bed this early.

The others seemed to still be arguing about the Squad's meand of transportation. Mina didn't see what was wron with hijacking a boat, other than the fact that if they got caught, then they were going to be thrown way of schedule. But what schedule was that? They didn't even have a schedule. Well, not a very specific one, anyway. Their ultimate task was to find the portal as quickly as they could, and hey, it wasn't as if they weren't trying, right?

Mina sighed, too tired to try and figure out the legistics of things. She stood up, stretching briefly and glancing around the room. "Good night." She said in a soft, tired voice at last. Then, with a little wave, she left the room.

Back in her own room, Mina headed into the bathroom. She proceeded to change into her pajamas, which consisted of a short, navy blue gown that had tiny white dots speckling it like stars. It was a warm evening, and Mina was glad to get out of her heavy dayclothes. She brushed her teeth, pulled her hair back into a low ponytail, then left the bathroom.

She hadn't noticed Karmina before when she had first entered the room, but the Loner Girl was quite obvious now as she poked around the room with her staff in front of her and a dark cloth covering her eyes. Mina frowned. Was this some sort of joke? Karmina was silent, and she went about the room casually, acting as if she had always done things this way. Mina raised an eyebrow, about to comment, but then her eyes darted to her bed. There was a short note on it. She approached the bed, all the while keeping her distance from Karmina. Picking up the note, she read it.

"I am not going to be able to see or speak for a day or two. Please do not remove my blindfold. Thank you." It said. Mina glanced back at Karmina. Exactly how long had she been planning to do this? It was the first day of their journey, and she was already playing games and pretending to be handicapped. Great. If she kept this up for too long, she was going to be putting a damper in the Squad's progress, considering how hard it would be for them to communicate with her if she couldn't even talk. Mina rolled her eyes. Fine. She thought. But if anything goes wrong because of this, then I'm not going to be happy, and neither is the rest of the Squad.

(EDIT: I just left, Lillie. I think Swissy is in the bedroom still though, and I think Andy is, too.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:32 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

[Oh yeah. We-ell, let's just assume everyone went back to their rooms? =P ]

'Oh...nothing, nothing...' Elily whispered back. She sank back into her sheets, and sighed silently. Just relax...calm down... Within a few moments she settled down again, and drifted off to the realm of dreams for the second time that night.

Elily woke up, the next morning, to the peaceful tapping of the rain against her windowsill. There was an occasional flash of lightning followed by a distant rumble of thunder. She groped for the clock which sat at her bedside table and shoved it in her face. 7.02 AM. Elily sat up with a start. My, she was late!

Leaping off her bed, without bothering to make her bed, she hopped her way to the bathroom. The next fifteen minutes were spent hastily getting ready for the day. Elily did everything in fast motion. Finally adding her final touches to her pinned up hair, Elily stood in front of the mirror for a moment, scanning her Gunner's outfit to make sure everything was complete and in order: her cloak, her black leather skirt, her top, her boots. Done!

Elily burst out of the bathroom, gasping heavily for breath. She sank to the carpeted floor to recover herself. It was still raining.

Dila was eating a scrumptious breakfast of scrambled eggs on toast, with baked beans, and bacon as well. Wolfing down her meal, she glugged down her apple juice, before daintily wiping her mouth with a napkin. Waking up early was a great idea. She had managed to bag quite an amount of money before it started to rain. Dila stood up, and grabbed her bag which sat on the chair beside her. She payed for her meal and proceeded to check out at the lobby. She figured that the Squad would also be checking out today, so it was best she left the hotel before they did. She could pass time at a nearby cafe or something. Whatever.

Dila payed for her stay, then hurriedly strode out of the hotel, brushing past a person who stood at the doorway, his back facing the lobby, his sword which was held by his right hand, was resting on his shoulders. Some people certainly had nothing else better to do other than to be in the way of others'. Her annoyance was interrupted, when she finally noticed the rather heavy rain. Great. She would have to run for it. She spotted a cafe located opposite of the hotel. Tightening her grip on her bag, she leapt down the stairs of the hotel, and ran across the road, making it safely to the cafe.

- Sweet set made by GlimmerFae-
"I wanted to change the world, but I changed nothing. That is my story." - Auron, FF X.

Avatar removed, hotlinking problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:46 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Iaran shrugged then rolled over and stared into the bleak wall. Eventually she managed to fall asleep...

Sunlight filtered through the window and Iaran quietly got out of bed. She silently made it and checked the time. It was 6:15 and Iaran was still rather tired, but she knew that trying to sleep would be useless. Instead, she quickly went into the bathroom to have a shower and get changed.

When she emerged from the bathroom it was heavily raining and she cringed slightly. What are the chances we'll find any boats in this weather?

Grabbing her pouch and daggers, she secured them to her belt before quickly packing all of her remaining belongings into her backpack. She checked the time again, 6:29.

Quietly grabbing her hairbrush and beads, Iaran made her way down to the dining room. Ordering a bagel with cream cheese and an orange juice, she seated herself near the window and began to braid her hair.

After eating her breakfast and securing the beads onto the braids, Iaran paid for her meal and made her way back up to the room. I'll check on Elily, it has to be close to 7....

Entering the room, Iaran sat down on her bed and heard the running of water that meant that Elily was taking a shower. Smiling quietly, she watched humorously as Elily emerged from the bathroom and sunk onto the floor. "Something wrong Elily? You never did explain anything about the battle or what happened last night. Although you should probably pack and get some breakfast."

((Is someone taking care of Menai or Rosa, or any other characters that have been left behind because people have gone on holiday? Everyone needs to be boosted up to the morning before we head off.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:36 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

((Andy's now back in his room... ;) ))

Andy's eyes were wide open and staring at the ceiling of his room. For some strange reason, he wasn't able to sleep well there. The absence of white noise in the room made sleeping even harder for him. These recent bouts of insomnia were a big source of problem, as he usually woke up feeling tired. He knew he can't go on like this, he won't go on like this.

Sleep, sleep, sleep, sleep, sleep... The command echoed quietly in his mind and he felt his body gradually relax by itself and he was soon asleep.

((Btw, I think my ISP is going to temporarily disconnect my phone line in the next few days. If that time comes could someone please take care of my character? I'll be indicating when I won't be able to get online in my blog (link in profile) through cellphone... Thanks... =) ))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:54 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

(I'm taking care of Rosa, and I believe Lillie is taking care of Menai. =))

Mina rolled over several times that night, trying to fall asleep but having very little success. Her excitement had been building since she had laid down. Suddenly she wasn't quite so tired anymore. She tapped her foot inmpatiently in bed, trying to get rid of some of her energy and wishing desperately that morning would come. Looking at the clock, the minutes seemed to tick by with increasing slowness. She frowned. It could not possibly still be one o'clock in the morning.

Finally, around half past two, Mina drifted off into a less than peaceful slumber. There was a hoot owl somewhere just outside the window, and it was causing her to dream that there was a hoot owl sitting at the foot of her bed, pecking at her feet. She kicked at the air in her sleep, and in her dream, the hoot owl flew away out the door.

The next morning, Mina woke up around 6:45 with her hair mussed terribly and her neck full of kinks. She sighed, got up, and stretched sleepily, her neck cracking painfully several times. She trudged into the bathroom and turned on the bathwater. She had just enough time for a cold shower.

After her shower, she felt much more energetic. She thought about the day in great anticipation as she got dressed in her warrior's outift, combed her hair and braided in her ribbons, and gathered her weapons. She felt confident today, and happy. This will be fun. She thought, smiling at herself in the mirror.

Rosa woke up just before 7:00. She yawned and looked at the window. The sun was rising, its rays filtering into the room through the slight gap between the curtains, which hadn't been shut completely the night before. She fidgeted in bed for a moment, still a bit sleepy.

Today is the day. She thought, pushing the bedclothes aside at last and getting to her feet. She made her way to the bathroom and got dressed in her Samurai outfit, then collected her blade from where she had set it in the corner of the room.

As she got the rest of her things ready, she wondered about the other Squad members, especially Elily. Was she okay now? Rosa had seen that man heal her, but she still had to wonder. She hoped the others had a plan for the rest of the day, because otherwise they were going to be in trouble.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:37 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

"well, im getting tired, i think im going to go back to my room." Malea said to FulXar, in sort of an embarrised, tone. "ill see you in the morning." She faked a yawn, and half walked, half ran to her room. She didnt want him to see her scaired, or anyone. This hotel was starting to scare her, and she was acting like a child.

When she got to her room, she closed the door, and sat next to her window. She wasnt tired at all. She looked out into the night, it was so pretty. She liked the rain. It reminded her of when she was a child, always running out side, splashing in the puddles. And when went back into the house, there was always a warm drink waiting for her.

Pretty soon, it was morning. Oh my, i must have dosed off. Malea thought. She was already dressed, so she went in to the bathroom and brushed her teeth. The clock read 7:04. She grabed her bag, and checked to see if her gunner sphere was there, and it was. She put it back in her bag, and walked out of her room. She walked down to the lobby, where a few of the squad members were waiting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:51 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

[Yes, I'm looking after Menai. Someone needs to look after Swiss' character as she's gone away.]

Menai had gone to bed, a little more than annoyed and angry with the rest of the Squad for ignoring her question several times. As she slept closest to the drawer, she could hear some mutterings and tappings going on during the night. Nevertheless, she managed to sleep quite well.

When she woke the next morning, she was feeling much better for her previous night's sleep. The drawer was now silent. The pixie was probably still sleeping, thank goodness. Iaran was gone by then and Elily was still asleep. Carefully tiptoeing to the bathroom so as not to wake her, Menai washed and dressed before going downstairs for breakfast.

Through the lobby, she noticed signs of a heavy fight having taken place, with dents and cracks all over the floor and walls. Even the elevator had a thin hole on one side. She wondered what had happened but then thought of other things. After breakfast, I'll go for a walk, she decided as she entered the restaurant. It's a fine day.

After eating a good, hearty breakfast of toast, scrambled eggs, bacon and a grilled tomato, the rain began. Menai groaned to herself. A casual walk was out of the question now. She might as well return to her room and see if there was anything interesting to do there.

[You can assume Menai's returned now.]

Karmina awoke to darkness. She was feeling quite refreshed, actually. Was it still night-time? There was something covering her eyes and it felt heavy and uncomfortable. Sitting up, it didn't fall off. What was it? She lifted a slender hand to remove it when she remembered.

Of course. It was the blindfold. Squeezing her eyes tight, she removed it. There seemed to be light in the room, presumably, it was morning. A patter of rain on the windowsill told her something about the weather. Sounds of a falling water emerging from the other direction meant that someone was taking a shower. Mina was awake, then.

Reattaching the blindfold to her head, Karmina groped around for clean clothes. How could any blind person know what clothes one should wear? she wondered. Already she was having difficulty in getting around. It was dark - always dark. She felt afraid of falling and stumbling and she couldn't find what she wanted. Was this what being blind felt like?

Digging, she found what felt like shorts. A cotton shirt was retrieved and she changed out there in the bedroom, hoping Mina would not come out. She didn't, although the shower stopped just as Karmina was putting on her shorts. She folded the rest of everything she had and put them in a neat pile back inside the bag. Reassuring herself that the other White Mage dressphere was still inside, she stood up.

Where was her staff? She felt around for it and could not find it. It was then she tripped over something and fell with a thump to the ground.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:35 am 
PPT God
PPT God

((Okay, so now Karmina and Mina's room's next to ours, for all convienient purposes))

Hearing a loud thump in the next room Iaran quickly looked to the wall then back to Elily, "I'll be back in a moment.... actually, i'll meet you at the dining hall, okay? I'm going to check on Mina and Karmina."

Bouncing out joyfully, her usual morning hyperness back as usual, Iaran quickly knocked on the door before opening it a crack and peering in. Karmina appeared to have tripped over something, and Mina was assumably in the shower. Running in, Iaran helped Karmina up, and saw her blindfold. "Oh my gosh! Karmina what happened?"

Frantically scanning the room, Iaran's eyes settled on a crumpled piece of paper on the floor. Grabbing it, she scanned the note before looking back at Karmina. "So you won't be able to see or talk.... I assume that you are trying to accomplish something, so I won't enquire. But perhaps you should keep this somewhere close at hand so you won't trip." Holding up Karmina's staff, Iaran giggled slightly before handing it over.

"Well I'm going down to breakfast would you like to come with me? I can be your seeing eye dog... er, girl."

Perhaps I should get all the squad members to tie bells to their clothes. Nah, I'm sure Karmina has a reason to be... blinded. Or something.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:57 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

[Alright, let's try to haste things up a little bit, shall we? At this rate it'll take 50 pages before we leave Adaley Town.]

Elily opened her mouth to speak but before any words could come out, Iaran had already disappeared. Trying to decide if Iaran's disappearance had been a good or bad thing, Elily stood up, and brushed herself. Well, at least it saved her some explanation. She wasn't really in the mood to talk too much that morning, so she supposed it was best that she kept quiet.

Elily went downstairs, and entered the restaurant without looking at anything else in particular. She ordered a simple breakfast, and polished off the meal quickly, before making haste back upstairs to grab her luggage. The luggage weighing her down slightly, Elily limped a little, shouting,'Come on, come on, it's checkout time!' at the remaining squad members' rooms as she went through the corridor.

With much difficulty, she made her way down to the lobby, noting that though most of the mess had been hastily cleaned up by the hotel staff, the cracks and dents on the walls and floor remained. Looking away from them, with her face reddening slightly, she went to the receptionist to pay up.

'Hi there. I'm checking out from room 712.'

'Give me a moment please.'

Elily waited, drumming her fingers at the countertop, while idly staring at a crack at a pillar nearby.

'Excuse me, miss.' The receptionist interrupted her reverie.

'Excuse me?' she asked again for clarification. Elily stared at the receptionist.

'Uh...what?' Elily asked lamely.

'Your room has been paid for. And so has room 710, 711 and 713.' The receptionist said stiffly, her face giving no expression of interest. She turned to serve another guest, who was apparently checking in.

Elily turned away, an air of confusion and puzzlement drifiting. That was most certainly odd. The squad's rooms all paid without herself even knowing. It was only then when she saw the stranger she met the night before, standing at the doorway, his back facing her.

- Sweet set made by GlimmerFae-
"I wanted to change the world, but I changed nothing. That is my story." - Auron, FF X.

Avatar removed, hotlinking problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:43 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Location: Well, if the little icon says I'm online, than I'm probably hunched over in front of the 'puter...
[[doing a little time play here cuz i was fleshing out my details]]
Just before dawn, FulXar awoke. Looking at the clock, he laughed to himself. 'Five minutes before my alarm was set for... happens every time.' Quietly sneaking in and taking a shower without waking his roomate [[who izzit?]] FulXar changed and quickly grabbed his stuff. Heading out of the room, he quickly climbed the nearest stairway towards the roof. Finding the door to the roof unlocked, he stepped out onto the rooftop. The lightening sky was gloomy and overcast, and a light drizzle of water started to open from the heavens. Noticing the evidence of workers on the roof (altho nobody was up there now) FulXar reached into his pack and pulled out the glass ball marking him as a trainer.

Transformed, he gave a big hug to Falah. "I've missed you," he said to the young Roc before him. Screechin her reply, she flapped her mighty wings, using every square centimeter of the 2 meter wingspan to lift herself into the sky. Checking his watch, he thought 'about half an hour to find food, no more...'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:18 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Malea heard that her room had been payed for already. How wierd...she thought. She turned around, and saw the boy that she met last night. Did he...naaa, he couldnt have enough money...or could he...she said to her self. She ignored it, then turned around and walked to him. She didnt know what she would say, but if he had payed for the room, then it would be nice to thank him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:50 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

[Maybe Andy is FulXar's room-mate? We also have a missing Squad member to make this interesting just before we leave. ;)]

Karmina nodded and smiled a "thank-you" to Iaran. She was very aware that she was going to be an inconvenience and she disliked that. This, though, was necessary - that she was sure of. For her studies she was willing to sacrifice all kinds of comfort. Taking the staff, she reached over to hoist her backpack onto her slender body.

She tried to tap her way around and fear gripped her again. She just couldn't see anything! One day of this would be plenty enough, she thought miserably. The dark was getting to her, unlocking imaginings of falling into pits, breaking her legs - she reached out and clutched at Iaran's sleeve. If she didn't have Iaran, it would be worse. She needed how bad it could get.

A flashing memory of green eyes flickered back to her. Cloud those eyes until they turned black, she thought bitterly. The image of the pixie flashed past as well. And to kill that thing somehow.

Letting go of Iaran, she tapped her way to the door, bumped into it and restrained the need to cry. Opening it, she tapped her way out and towards where she thought, and hoped, the lifts were. If Iaran wasn't following her, she would probably get lost, but there was no telling where the other girl was.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:09 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Location: Well, if the little icon says I'm online, than I'm probably hunched over in front of the 'puter...
Walking out onto the floor where he'd been staying with Andy, FulXar heard a tapping sound. Turning around, he saw Karmina tapping her way into the hall. Jogging over to her, he asked, "Anything I can do to help?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:25 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Iaran smiled back at Karmina, and then realised that she couldn't see her and blushed. Watching Karmina's exit and hearing FulXar outside Iaran bounced out and smiled, "Nope, everything's under control FulXar. Karmina, I'll be back in a sec, I gotta grab my luggage, then we can go downstairs to the lobby."

Iaran quickly skipped into her room and grabbed her backpack, checking for her Songstress sphere. It was secure, and she was about to leave when she rembered Necronom, who was still locked in the drawer. Gasping, she ran over and unpicked the lock opening the drawer hastily. Black murky ink appeared to have been lying at the bottom of the drawer, but it quickly formed itself into the shape of the dark pixie.

"'Bout time you freed me miss. Here I was thinkin' you'd leave without me!" The pixie smiled jovialy (sp?) at Iaran and quickly went to sit on her shoulder.

Iaran smiled back, and then an idea sprang into her head. "Necronom? Could you use your magic to become a dog? Well, dog-like in appearance." Necronom rubbed him chin thoughtfully then grinned, "Why certainly miss." Cackling wickedly, the pixie soon swirled into a blob of ink before re-emerging as a large black dog with sharp teeth.

Iaran replaced her look of shock with anger, smacking the dog wildy on the nose she scolded it loudly. "Necronom, I meant a smaller tame dog. I want to you help Karmina, she's doing something and needs to be blindfolded. So you need to be her seeing eye dog."

Necronom whined before changing into a more appropriate dog. And Iaran nodded her head briskly, "Perfect, but for now I need you to act as though you aren't a dark-wizard-pixie-dog. She wouldn't let you near her if she found out."

Walking briskly out into the hall, Iaran quickly tapped FulXar on the shoulder, pulling him away from Karmina slightly she whispered into his ear. "Can you pretend that this dog is yours? You are a trainer aren't you? Pretend it's a stray that you found or something, just while you're around Karmina, I'll explain everything later."

Then, smiling briskly, Iaran skipped over to Karmina, "Hiya, I'm back. And FulXar has offered to let this dog, which is a stray he found, help you out like a seeing eye-dog. When we reach the lobby I'll find some string we can use as a leash, okay?"

((I hope that wasn't godmodding with FulXar, forgive me if it was, I only used it for story purposes))

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 543 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 37  Next