Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Oct 11, 2024 4:29 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:14 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

oh dear...my guild is named the neo red cross..

that's me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:26 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

It's strange that they would make such a strange and obscure change to something that is known for being red. I think more people would identify with it being a red cross, as green, while pretty, isn't really a symbol of hospitals, IMO.
I still see the Cereal Adventure thing there as well, unfortunately. I really don't like seeing sponser shop-things on the Neopets maps, yet there are about five of them on the main map, believe it or not.

Secret Santa Set! :D

My DeviantArt Account
Shakespeare Wiki

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:10 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The red cross is a Christian symbol, if I remember correctly. Neopets wouldn't want to use something like that.

I have no 'custom' adverts. On Flash, the cross is red, on HTML, its green, on both Scotland & England.

Weird :battar:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:13 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I can't see Green Crosses,Cereal Adventure or McDonalds o_O

RS Accomplishments (At the time these were UB):Island Blumaroo Morphing Potion,Striped Aisha Morphing Potion,Gallion,Gallion,Gallion,Gallion,Gallion,Dragoyle,Dragoyle,Silver Buzzer Coin,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:44 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

This is so dumb! Why would they change it after all these years? Why would THE RED CROSS care about what..two little symbols..CARTOON symbols as it is on a website? I mean, that is just dumb. It wasn't hurting anyone, helping anyone, promoting anything, anti-promoting anything, it was just...there. I never paid much attention to it anyway and a doubt until today anyone did. It is just really dumb that they feel they have to change it now. I don't really care that it is green more than I dislike the fact that someone out there (either the red cross or the neopets staff ) was so nitpicky about some little thing like that.

Haha, the elephante shop keeper still has a red cross.

Edit: THEY GOT TO HER NOW..

Only these are left I think..:

The neoboards help sign is a red cross, and some items have red crosses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:07 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Yeah, I noticed it too! It's kind of strsange...I never saw green crosses in real life! :lol:

New Set By: Moi!
Wishie: Pirate Paint Brush : 137,790 NP/ 1.2 Millions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:39 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

It is weird why they are changing it. I guess it is too symbolic of either religion, an organization, or just reminds people of Earth and this is Neopia. So I don't know, I guess they have a very good reason for changing this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:47 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Mystique wrote:
well, maybe TNT decided not to do immersive advertisement for the Red Cross anymore till they pay for it. xD

I'm in agreement with Mystique on the color change. I'm in the US and I get both McDonald's and the Cereal place.

Amazing what one can come up with when one is given a cardboard box and a roll of duct-tape!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:54 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I was wondering if this was a clue about something. I mean, we all see the crosses have changed colors. But we don't know why. They should have guessed it would make us ask questions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:11 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Now I see Green Crosses, but no Cereal Place or Mcdonalds.

RS Accomplishments (At the time these were UB):Island Blumaroo Morphing Potion,Striped Aisha Morphing Potion,Gallion,Gallion,Gallion,Gallion,Gallion,Dragoyle,Dragoyle,Silver Buzzer Coin,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:57 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Johnnydontgo wrote:
That's not true. I'm in the US, and it's there for me. You'd have to ask someone like Shifty (she's in Israel) if they have it worldwide, but I'd bet that they do.

I'm from Israel, and I don't see the cereal adventure thing... o_O
I also see the green cross in both html and flash. When I noticed it, I thought that if they had to change the color of the cross, they should have made it something resembeling red, like orange or purple, green is a color the doesnt even have red in it... :o

Set by Silja! :D
<3 Lovio and Mistykal <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:09 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

It just looks so obscure. I mean, a red cross is the symbol of hospitals and things like that. You never hear of a green cross, do you? It looks stupid, IMO. They should give a reason why they're changing the red crosses like this.

Secret Santa Set! :D

My DeviantArt Account
Shakespeare Wiki

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:20 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

myname7772 wrote:
Cereal adventure is only there if your country is Canada

No, I can see it and I am in the U.S.A.

ImageImage
Thanks to Vkceankraz for the set and fader. This set is from Days Of Our Lives...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:20 am 
PPT God
PPT God

thats.... messed up... and dumb... :o

the "red cross" isnt just for the company Red Cross, but its the universal symbol for health/hospitals/etc.... theyre changing it? thats dumb! i doubt it has to do with the religion thing.... they dont ban "Oh my god" in the neopian times or on the neoboards... i would think that the phrase "oh my god" would have to leave before a red cross....

Adam and donna dont own Neopets anymore... dont even know who owns it anymore.... but the company who does has been trying to do whatever they can to not get suid for copyright issues and stuff.... so i actually think its because of the American Red Cross Foundation or something... which is dumb, since its a universal symbol for health.... i say, we start asking whats the deal in the editorial...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:13 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Location: Keeping the Hallowe'en spirit all through the year.
Changing the color of the cross doesn't make it any less (or any more) Christian, so it isn't a religious thing.

As I mentioned, it isn't just in the U.S. that the Red Cross has come down on others it perceives as "infringing" on the symbol, so it's not just the American Red Cross that gets involved.

Actually, TW, I think the (International) Red Cross contends that it is because of the organization's efforts and impact that the symbol has become inextricably connected with health and hospitals, so it feels entitled.

In a sense, the organization is trying to keep its trademark from becoming universal -- generic -- and thus up for grabs by anyone. It's a big issue in the business world (and don't let anyone try to sell you on the notion that the Red Cross isn't a business). Decades ago, the Bayer company owned the word 'Aspirin' as a trademark -- the pills were even marked by that word instead of Bayer in a cross (there it is again)--
Code:
      A
      S                     B
      P                     A
A S P I R I N    vs.    B A Y E R
      R                     E
      I                     R
      N

-- but (at least in the United States, I'm not sure about elsewhere) the word became a generic term and Bayer lost that exclusivity. You've probably seen ads from Xerox/Kleenex/Band-Aids and other brands differentiating between photocopying/facial tissue/bandages (plasters to you Brits) or whatever, and what belongs to them. They don't want to lose the brand-recognition that they've spent so much money and time to build up -- though it's also a result of the efforts to create that brand-recognition that so many of us, for example (again, at least in the U.S.), think/say 'Kleenex' regardless of who made the tissue.

hiddenneggs / Will
----
"But then again, i think the main reason people invented civilization was to get together and complain about the wild animals eating them." --mousapelli

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next