Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 6:19 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:12 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Right. Just wondering, because he didn't specify but we susally PM our subtexts on the final round..

Mas mothaionn tu fein mar rud eigin caite ar an dtra...
Lig dom goideail an croi duit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:14 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

.:Requiem:. wrote:
Right. Just wondering, because he didn't specify but we susally PM our subtexts on the final round..

Not that I recall...

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:43 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Wow, I love how specific I am :zzz:

Subtexts are to be posted on the thread. And they will be due Saturday the 20th

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 11:24 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Ethereal Elegance

Dreadful Dominion

Lilac Timidity

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:30 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Do you have to post your subtext to all three at the same time?

Signature 1

Lofty Luminescence

Signature 2

Sanguine Nightfall

Signature 3

Alert in Amethyst

And disregard that first question, as it doesn't apply anymore as I've got them all here.

<3 Laq

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:33 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Signature 1

Celestial Tranquility

Signature 2

Dawn of Dusk

Signature 3

Lavender Landing - Ready Rabbit

(Landing means the floor, and ready means the rabbit is ready to run away on a moment's notice, since it kinda looks like that)

Speculation Central - Thinking about the future... Today!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 6:52 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Sorry to double post, but this is a note that I've posted all 3 subtexts.

Speculation Central - Thinking about the future... Today!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 5:27 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Well, contestants, your part is finished. Now it is up to the judges. Please rate these subtexts, with a number rating (you all do already though), and PM them to me by May 31s. Do not post them!

Quote:
.:Requiem:.
Ethereal Elegance

Dragonfire
Celestial Tranquility

pipsqueeek
Lofty Luminescence

Dreadful Dominion

Dragonfire
Dawn of Dusk

pipsqueeek
Sanguine Nightfall

Lilac Timidity

Dragonfire

pipsqueeek
Alert in Amethyst

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 8:07 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Woops, I made a mistake in my date, it was supposed to be May 25th!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:18 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Robert wrote:
Woops, I made a mistake in my date, it was supposed to be May 25th!!!

Damn, you had me all excited. :(

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 1:04 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
Before the contest ends, I just want to say good luck and congratulations to Requiem, Dragonfire, and pipsqueeek! You should all be very happy and proud to have come this far!

I am really happy to have been a judge for this. I've really learned a lot from everyone involved! I hope I get to be involved in something like this again!

:hug: Hugs for everyone!

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:47 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Here it is guys!

Bangel wrote:
Ethereal Elegance
Ethereal. I always loved that word. You tend to use it a lot in subtexts, I've noticed. It's good, but it's not eye popping. Length is alright, the alliteration is great, but (for this stage in the competition), it's just too ordinary. 7/10

Dragonfire
Celestial Tranquility
This is my favorite of the subtexts for this particular signature. Both of the words you used are out of the box and fabulous, and it's really good. No major critiques from me. 9/10

pipsqueeek
Lofty Luminescence
Nice to see people are listening to our advice and using alliteration. I like the word luminescence. It's a good subtext, but like Requiem's, it's just not extraordinary enough in this stage of the competition. 8/10

Dreadful Dominion
I like this one. I think you were probably one of the only people to know to use alliteration even before the judges started mentioning it. The one problem I see with this is, again, it's just nothing horribly special or exciting. It's great, but in the final round, you've gotta be better than great. 8.5/10

Dragonfire
Dawn of Dusk
I really like this one for a number of reasons. First off, the alliteration. Second off, I love the kind of... what's the word? Wordplay? Anyway, it's very clever using the word 'dawn' in there, and I like it a lot. 9/10

pipsqueeek
Sanguine Nightfall
Sanguine is a great word to use. So great that I had no clue what it meant and had to look it up. Besides the use of the word sanguine, though, there's nothing really eyepopping about it. 8/10

Lilac Timidity
Very good. Lilac is a much better word than 'purple', and I like the word timidity. I think for the first time this round, you've delivered that eyepopping subtext I was looking for. 9/10

Dragonfire
This one is good, but I don't really understand it. Why would the rabbit be 'ready'...? Regardless, the alliteration is good, even if it is somewhat forced, and I like the word 'lavender' instead of purple. 7/10

pipsqueeek
Alert in Amethyst
Eee. Loving it. I think this subtext is all around great. Amethyst was a great word, and it added to your alliteration. No major problems with me. 9/10

Final standings:
.:Requiem:. 24.5/30
Dragonfire 25/30
pipsqueeek 25/30

mayanspypilot wrote:
Ethereal Elegance

Really nice subtext. I love the alliteration and choice of words. It works really well for this signature. 8.5/10

Dragonfire
Celestial Tranquility

I love the words that you chose for this subtext. I wish there had been some alliteration or mention of the color of the moon though (something that none of the subtexts used). 8/10

pipsqueeek
Lofty Luminescence

Great alliteration and choice of words. I like the difference in length between the two words also. It makes the subtext a little more interesting. 9/10

Dreadful Dominion

Perfect subtext for this signature! The aliteration is fantastic! I love that you chose to use the word "dominion". Definitely not a word I would have thought of, but it fits perfectly. 10/10

Dragonfire
Dawn of Dusk

Great use of aliteration and use of opposites! That being said, I don't think the text fits the signature that well. There are certain things in the image that should have been thought of (bats, vampire, "Robert" is in blood red). The signature is, for lack of a better word, scary, and the subtext to me does not say scary at all. 7/10

pipsqueeek
Sanguine Nightfall

I love that you picked up on the color of the existing text! I honestly didn't even notice it until I read your subtext. And it fits the vampire perfectly! I think "nightfall" works too, but there may have been a better word out there...but bottom line is that it works. 8.5/10

Lilac Timidity

I like the use of the word "timidity". Again, not a word I would have thought of (something you're very good with). Not a wowing subtext though. 7.5/10

Dragonfire

I like how you decided to go with something that was longer than two words! It seems like every subtext this round was two words and it was nice to see something different! The alliteration is fantastic! The only thing I'm not sure of is the dash between the two halves. I think one of the following would be better: Lavender Landing *fade* Ready Rabbit or
Lavender Landing
Ready Rabbit (two really separate lines)
Overall, nice job on this one! 9/10

pipsqueeek
Alert in Amethyst

I like the alliteration. That's about all I can say on this one though. There's nothing that wows me about it. At this point, we need something more than just good alliteration. 8/10

Final standings:
.:Requiem:. 26/30
Dragonfire 24/30
pipsqueeek 25.5/30

Robert wrote:
Judges Notes: All I can say is congratulations and I think the winner deserves it!

Ethereal Elegance
I like ‘Ethereal’, it is a really great word for this one, but the elegance part is a little weak I think. Personally, I don’t get a huge Elegant feeling from this signature. 7/10

Dragonfire
Celestial Tranquility
‘Celestial’ is a great word for this I think, as is ‘Tranquility’. A great subtext, though you left out the colour, a big part. 9/10

pipsqueeek
Lofty Luminescence
I like the alliteration, and I love ‘luminescence’, but I’m not that big a fan of ‘Lofty’. I think you could have found a better word, and sacrificed the alliteration. 7/10

Dreadful Dominion
I like this one quite a bit. Your word choice is very good, but the subtext isn’t all that exciting. It just lacks a bit of oomph, for lack of a better word. 8/10

Dragonfire
Dawn of Dusk
I like how you went in a bit of a different direction, and I like your choice of words. But, I feel like you left part of the signature out, like that just doesn’t capture it all. 8/10

pipsqueeek
Sanguine Nightfall
Personally, I really like this one. I think ‘Sanguine’ is such a great word here. I do feel, like with Dragonfire’s, that you didn’t capture the whole signature. 8.5/10

Lilac Timidity
This subtext is good, but not nearly as wowing as needed in this final round. Defiantly your weakest out of the three. 7/10

Dragonfire
I don’t really like this one. I really like the first half, and I am okay with the second half, but together, I don’t really like it. I don’t like the word ‘Ready’ to describe the rabbit. You make it sound like he is a lion waiting to pounce, but I don’t get that feeling. The rabbit seems alert and aware, but not ‘Ready’. I also think you should have switched it a bit. “Something Rabbit on A Lavender Landing”.

pipsqueeek
Alert in Amethyst
I like this one. I like your choice of words and alliteration. Excellent! 9.5/10

Final standings:
.:Requiem:. 22/30
Dragonfire 23.5/30
pipsqueeek 25/30

Therefore, the Grand Totals are:

.:Requiem:. 72.5/90
Dragonfire 72.5/90
pipsqueeek 75.5/90

The winner is pipsqueeek

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 8:11 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Congratulations Pipsqueeek! You deserved it, and there were some lovely subtexts, and such fierce competition in the last round! I felt I deserved to go in the round I did, and also congratulate all the other competitors within the contest. I can't wait until the next! Thanks for hosting it Robert, and thanks to all the judges too.

:) A final hip hip hooray for Pisqueeek! Hooray!

Click the wonderful signature. You know you want to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 8:42 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

WOOOHOOOO!!!

Congrats, pipsqueek! I've been amazed by your subtexts this game, you definitely deserved the win!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 10:05 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

:o

Wow, and I just entered this contest on a whim not expecting to get very far.

Congratulations to Dragonfire and Requiem for making it to the final round, and to everyone who participated.

Big thanks to my congratulators. You make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

And Huge thanks to Robert and the judges. You guys are amazing.

*takes a bow and walks off stage*

<3 Laq

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next