Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Oct 11, 2024 4:24 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:44 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Quote:
Weird...im in the US..and on the left side where the white stick/sign is on the map shown....i have a lil Mcdonalds shop....its totally different than both of ur maps.....i guess neopets really does use what country were in to advartise to us

I'm from the UK and I have the mcdonalds, cereal adventure AND green crosses. Kind of weird that the UK has the cereal adventure because none of the cereals featured are available in the UK and I have never heard of General Mills!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:14 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

UK here too - no mcdonalds, no cereal adventure, and red crosses....

how bizarre!!

Edit: i just changed my account's country to the United States, but the map didn't change. So they must be using some bizarre underhand method to ascertain our true countries.. how scary!

Set by Hellyer :D Going to use all my set contest entries eventually!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:31 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I think that if you have some program on your computer to stop ads (can't think of what it is, but my friend has it) the Cereal Adventure and McDonalds (and other similar paid advertisement buildings) won't show up.

Love is blindness. -- Set by my Secret Santa =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:33 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Fallen Tear wrote:
People on the neoboards are saying its green as part of the sloth invasion. o_O; Why sloth would invade to turn the cross signs green in beyond me.

:roflol: i can't believe some people are that crazy.. :P actually in perth, australia, they have recently changed all the red ambulances to green ones... o_O odd :P

and for me, its green, with no mcdonalds, or cereal adventure,

If you see my sanity, get it to give me a call.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:00 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Location: Keeping the Hallowe'en spirit all through the year.
I doubt the Red Cross had to actually sue -- just a word or two about legal action that would be pursued if it wasn't changed is generally enough. And yeah, I s'pect it was such a word from the Red Cross that prompted the color change. (Sloth? Sheesh!)

The first-aid types in the Society for Creative Anachronism (a medieval/Renaissance re-creation group) used to have a badge that included a red cross. Then the Red Cross noted it . . . and the SCA's first-aid types now have a different badge.

The Red Cross tends to be, um, zealous in protecting what it sees as its rights. A pub in England called the Red Cross went through years of court wrangling before finally being allowed to keep its sign/name . . . which it had had since its founder came back from the Crusades, whence he (and many others) had got a red cross as a personal/hereditary emblem (the same Crusades whence the Red Cross ultimately derived its symbol).

hiddenneggs / Will
----
"But then again, i think the main reason people invented civilization was to get together and complain about the wild animals eating them." --mousapelli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:31 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Favorite Cheese: Brie de Meaux, Red Leicester and Wensleydale.
Jasujo wrote:
I have both McDonald's and the Cereal Adventure on my map. I'm guessing that the crosses are now green so they are not associated with teh red cross or something similiar. You never know when something like that will come up. It's like when the WWF (World Wrestling Federation) which had that name for years had to change to WWE (I'm not sure what the E stands for) because WWF (World Wildlife Fund) sued them for using the same abbreviation.

The E stands for Entertainment.

Anyway I am from England and I see no Mcdonalds, no Cereal Adventure, and no red crosses on my shop map.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:36 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

There are also two versions of clover rover.

http://www.neopets.com/games/luckycharms3_ca.phtml

http://www.neopets.com/games/luckycharms3.phtml

Each have a different amount of Np payout.

I remember one more but lucky charms stop being a sponser and it got removed.

Save the trees! Don't do homework!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:28 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Zenial wrote:
I'm from the netherlands and I don't see a cereal adventure or a mcdonald's, just an empty space in the upper right corner. I did notice however the crosses turned green. I wonder why they did that...

Yup... I think they only show up for the countries in which Neopets merchandise is sold.

The red cross still shows up for me o_O
It's not allowed to put red crosses (like this ones) on public things that have nothing to do with the real Red Cross. General rule, I have no idea why they made it up either *shrug*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:06 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I'm in the US and I see both the cereral adventure and mcdonalds. The crosses were green for me yesterday but now they're back to red.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:09 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

ah, hang on. My country is 'Scotland' not the UK but that still makes no sense. Here we have no neopets merchandise and no general mills. Maybe they have only changed so of the countries. Are you guys using flash or html to view the map? [/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:15 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

happysmileyfungirl wrote:
ah, hang on. My country is 'Scotland' not the UK but that still makes no sense. Here we have no neopets merchandise and no general mills. Maybe they have only changed so of the countries. Are you guys using flash or html to view the map?

I'm viewing in flash. When I switched to html the crosses turned green again. The thing is, I always view in flash, so I have no idea why they appeared green in flash last night but don't anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:16 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

happysmileyfungirl wrote:
Are you guys using flash or html to view the map?

It's funny that you mention that. I use html and the crosses were green for me. Then I switched to Flash and they were red. O.o

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:26 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

once you said flash I had the idea

I view things in html and things load faster

http://images.neopets.com/maps/shops/shops_2004_03 is html

http://images.neopets.com/maps/shops/sh ... _02off.swf is the flash

btw glophone doesnt work in the bazaar if you have html[/b]

Save the trees! Don't do homework!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:33 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Runevalkyrie wrote:
Sloth invasion? O_o That's an odd theory.

I would think they want to associate green with health rather with the "standard red" (a red cross is associated with medical facilites and services more often than not see here) A very odd change after so many years of it remaining like that.

Or maybe they're appealing to the French. :P (The pharmacies in France are identified by a blue or green cross. They were everywhere x_X)

Speculation Central - Thinking about the future... Today!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:08 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I think in Spain and some other european countries (sorry if this is wrong), their pharmacy's use green crosses instead of red ones

Get your egg at http://www.pickle-green.com/egraphics/main.php?id=eggs

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next