Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Oct 11, 2024 2:19 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:37 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Johnnydontgo wrote:
I don't report chain letters, because they're endless. For every user that gets frozen for posting them, 10 other members are just learning about them and posting them themselves. I was on the neoboards yesterday, looking for a coco roller av, and noticed three or four people posting the same web address. It was the oldest trick in the book; the fake login screen. I wanted to post so badly, "This is a scam, please don't click!", but was worried the scammer would report me. And we all know the moderaters don't read every single report form. So I reported them without posting. Later that day, I checked the board thread, and 2 people had posted that their acounts had been hacked. I feel really bad for these people, but it's gotten so out of control, you can't even warn someone without risking your own account. :(

well, you have done your best. frankly speaking, if someone post a link to a CG or scam site, you can never be fast enough coz greed and curiosity react faster.

as for chain spams, you are right too. i don't report them as well. in fact, i suspect most of them are done deliberately. by posting spams like this, it's like telling players to report them. in fact, it may be their ultimate intention: stuffing the support with so many reports that it slows their efficiency. let the moderators handle it when they see them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:33 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

One of my friends, when he was trying to get his account unfrozen, was told by a real person mod (not an autoresponse), that if you send more than 10 emails, the system automatically filters yours out, thinking you're spamming. I don't know if that's the same for report emails... Or even the time period. It would make sense for it to only be real written emails from an email host, not the neopets email forms. But *shrug* I don't know if you send 10 emails over 10 months if it will filter you out or not. One a month's not spamming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:01 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

i only occasionally, so sometimes i see people in the trades trying to scam and then i report them and them i'm quiet for some time, or i see someone trying to scam in the boards. Otherwise on normal days i report only when i come across shops with scams on them which is very rare.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:30 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Ambrosia wrote:
I only report art theft.

Same thing for me, and the occasional Sadiyah clone. :) Speaking of which...*checks on Jadiyah* Wow, we've been fighting this clone for a month. CHEERS! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:20 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Well, What you said is true. Happy-Reporters are in a way O.K, but in another way, they are reporting EVERYTHING, even if it could be OK... Anyhow, Im not one of those, but I pretty understand the danger they are in. (Don't be happy-reporter)

New Set By: Moi!
Wishie: Pirate Paint Brush : 137,790 NP/ 1.2 Millions

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3