Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Oct 04, 2024 10:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:06 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Okay, some of these don't function exactly according to Rikio, but I'm not a huge Neopets person. Thus, I'll let it slide and it won't reflect in any of my ratings.

Iath-em
I can't say I'm really following the theme here. Most assuredly the dark faerie and the not-so-happy text go to together, but the background doesn't. I'm following where you were trying to go, with the dark images against the pink, but it ends up still looking like some retro-ish background (for a definite lack of a better word) and not quite...sinister enough.

LAQ
I'm not very fond of this. The background is decent enough, but I think it needs a bit more color...a splack of blue or a brighter purple or some brighter stars migh've brought it out. I can't say I'm fond of the text either. It's too smooth, I've tempted to say. The glow is a cool effect, but still against the somewhat plain background, nothing in this sidebar is all that interesting to look at.

stinkyllama
Definitely well themed. I love the little icons, and the text is definitely fun to read with an interesting font. Can't say I've ever seen it before. Background is perhaps a tad bit plain, it maybe needs a little more of...something, though I really can't say what. Overall, very nice.

Bangel
You sorta took a picture and stuck text on it. THe font isn't all that original, and despite the ocean, this really doesn't make me think Maraqua. *shrugs* Not much else to say.

kiay
This is very cool looking. Doesn't really look maraquan though. My biggest gripe is with your font choice. The alternating colors is alright, but the font isn't big enough. It needs a glow maybe to really set it off. (At the moment it's sorta plain and just floating there.)

Neko
Good image choice and placement, and the background is pretty neat looking too. This style is a bit different from what I've seen from you before. My biggest problem is with the font. It's a type you seem to use often, the plainer look of it, but with the soft look of the rest of the sidebar it doesn't really go. If you really want to use this font, you might've added a larger glow around the words to soften them a bit.

Moogie
Do you have this image in a set? Looks familiar...Anyways. It's pretty and snowy and I have a lot of trouble reading the text. (Could be my monitor, not sure.) The scanlines are also a bit too overpowering.

LAQ and Bangel.

Gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:33 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Err, flame. Shouldn't the round be over as DM cant judge?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:34 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

WIS wrote:
Err, flame. Shouldn't the round be over as DM cant judge?

It is over. I think most people would've realized that. *blink* I simply haven't decided on a new round yet, as I've been busy with things with Easter here and all.

As it is, people should be able to see pretty clearly who's been ousted. (LAQ and Bangel)

Gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:01 am 
PPT God
PPT God

FINAL ROUND
-Make a set
-You have 7 days

Wow. Go figure. Who didn't see THAT coming? (Standard things still apply though, like max of 80x80 for the av and 400x100 for the sig)

Questions? Comments? Post 'em!

Gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:42 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Wow, that was fast. O_O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:36 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Image Image

original: http://www.cabalcity.com/angels/artwork ... aples1.jpg
program: photoshop 7

v: Lifebreather ----- c: Neko

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:07 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Image Image

Original: Here
Program: Photoshop 7.0

Awesome Set by Neko

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:52 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Image Image

program: photoshop cs
original image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v32/D ... nnepic.jpg

-used to be darklegend-
currently: lurking ^-^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:20 am 

Image Image

Original image(s): --
Program(s): Adobe Photoshop CS2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:43 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Image Image
Image Used: Click
Program Used: PS CS2

"The path I've chosen had no effort, unless I took that chance, at the decision I've made, for all I've done and suffered." - Mi-Ku, © Mi-ku All Rights Reserved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:52 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Judges may feel free to rate at any time, making sure to give ratings outta 10 so that a winner can be decided.

(Sorry for the delay. I unfortunately cannot blame anything except my own forgetfulness.)

Gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 10:22 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Moogie
I love the color scheme of this set. The image you chose isn't very good at all, and I see that you've done your best with it. However, the little pixel brush thingies that are scattered around the signature dont seem to go very well with everything else. I also dont think they should be 'in front' of the person in the image. Perhaps some other shape, with a more "anti alias" feel to it would work better. However, in all, the sig has a very nice feel to it. - 8.5/10

stinkyllama
I kind of prefer the old colors of the image. Perhaps it's just me. Also, I really dislike the random things you've put in the background. They dont go with the set at all. You also could have chosen a better font for the signature. The "sparkle sparkle sparkle" text is especially irritating. I dont think what you have done with the main text, worked very well here. There's a stroke but no fill. Perhaps it's just me, but it really irks me. - 6/10

kiay
I like your graphics, but for some reason, I dont like this set very much. I love the colors, and the background. But the pixel texture annoys me. I dont mind the vertical scanlines, I think they go well with the signature, but there are occasionally white dots that look like a 75 pixel dither or something. Those really go against the soft feeling of the signature. There's a bar that says "dehue" on the right that looks out of place, too. Also, I really dont like the font you chose for the set. I liked a lot of your other graphics much better. =\ - 7/10

Iath-em
This isn't the best of what I've seen of your graphics. But I absolutly love the color scheme. The abstractness of the signature is very nice. However, I do wish that you could tone down, or get rid of the scanlines all-together, as they seem to really disrupt the flow of the signature. I like how you did your text, and I'm not going to bug you about how it's not very legible, it looks very nice this way. I like the border you did for this set, also. - 9/10

Neko
I really like the soft feel of the set. It's very pretty. The avatar, I love. But the signature, on the right side, is a little empty. I think you could have also done a little more with the border you had to make the signature more interesting. Although, the colors of the signature is very nice. - 8.5/10

Good luck to you all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 3:15 am 

Before you read the ratings, I wish you all good luck and I hope that this competition has helped you improve a bit.

Moogie - The colours you used make it very beautiful. It makes your set stand out because it isn't as colourful as most sets.
The JPG quality of the original picture stands out in the set, I think you could have made it better. 8/10

stinkyllama - I like what you were going for, but the dots in the background doesn't help. The text is placed too close to the edges and the stroke around the text is bumpy.
I think the brushes you used don't really fit with the picture very well. 6/10

kiay - Ooh, the soft colours and the background in this set looks very nice. There are two problems though.
The text on the avatar would have looked better to the top more. On the signature, there's an
odd bar to the left and Dehue is hard to read. There is a blue bar behind the Dehue, which cuts off the wing. 8/10

Iath-em - I love how your graphics are unique and abstract. I think the colours are very distracting though.
You can't read the text without squinting. The set would be better off without scanlines, in my opinion. 7/10

Neko - This set is absolutely beautiful. Although it is very simple, that's what makes it pretty.
The white border adds a very nice touch. The only thing is, you can see a bit of the background behind her. 9/10

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:25 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

A bump in need is a bump indeed? T_T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 5:08 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

And youse ain't that, youse a bumping queen. XD
So, so sorry...

I'll shut up now. Good luck to everyone. ^^

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next