Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Oct 10, 2024 6:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:53 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

everconfused wrote:
Maybe there's a new bot they found out about. Like the rumor (only because I can't confirm if it's true or not) that there's a new ab'er that can read the new magic code for shops.

It would make sense that there would be a bot to be able to read the log in code. Therefore, it makes sense to change, randomly, the font used for that code to foil any new bot.

Good point, but I still don't like the new codes. My eyesights really bad without my glasses (they're lost, can't find 'em.. hope they aren't broken.) so some of the codes I can't read.

ImageImageImage
Set by WIS (I think XD), awesome fader by Bangel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:58 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

this is cool alright...

http://www.neopets.com/secret_image.phtml?fjv=280816186&fdv=37&dbi=73

(Steal the rhythm while you can.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:00 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

everconfused wrote:
I haven't logged in yet today. I find myself here first! :)

Ducky, thanks for the graphic list. I saw people posting on the boards very late last night, but didn't try it myself. The 4th one down is a little hard to read and the bottom one? My eyes are way too old for!

But you know, I do think this is an enhancement to the security code. Neopets did what they could to accomodate everyone when they first started the code and it was in different colors with the lines going through the code. There were so many people who just could not read that one, so they changed it to the black/grey/white.

Maybe there's a new bot they found out about. Like the rumor (only because I can't confirm if it's true or not) that there's a new ab'er that can read the new magic code for shops.

It would make sense that there would be a bot to be able to read the log in code. Therefore, it makes sense to change, randomly, the font used for that code to foil any new bot.

I think its great they're harder to see, because there IS an autobuyer that reads codes, so it could also read login codes. Plus the AB is very public, so people could innovate off of it. So I'd be happy it's hard to read, for your accounts sake.

Set by Tomatie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:44 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Not just autobuyers, there are programs that play games for you (Pyramids, Scarab 21, etc) and auto-adopt from the pound (if you wondered why you lost your krawk while transferring at 3 AM on a DSL connection --; )

They all require a log in, these codes have killed them again (until the next batch shows up).

BTW I don't use such programs, I'm clean :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:56 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

It's a lot better. I have heard some people complaining beforehand about them being too hard to see.

"I'm not superstitious, but I'm a little stitious."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:09 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Scream wrote:
Not just autobuyers, there are programs that play games for you (Pyramids, Scarab 21, etc) and auto-adopt from the pound (if you wondered why you lost your krawk while transferring at 3 AM on a DSL connection --; )

They all require a log in, these codes have killed them again (until the next batch shows up).

Actually they still work... At least the main shop and user shop autobuyers do... :(

(And I don't use them either.. I just like to see how and if they work...)

Set by Tomatie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:31 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

tonu_revived wrote:
Scream wrote:

Actually they still work... At least the main shop and user shop autobuyers do... :(

OK, I've logged into my accounts and knock wood, didn't get that last faded code so I had no problem reading the codes. In fact, they were actually easier than the other one because it is bigger! :)

There are programs that play games for you? That is beyond absurd! How lazy can you be that you can't be bothered to even play your own games?!! The pound thing I never heard of either, I thought that was just being quick and lucky.

The new ab that was made public? No, I don't know where it is and NO I don't wan't to know. The whole ab thing was bad enough before people starting posting them, bragging about how they made them. And who knows what else was put in those programs? People who cheat make me ill. That now includes anyone who would stoop to using a program to play a game for them.

I wouldn't know how any of those things worked if my life depended on it, and it doesn't make sense to get one, even if it is just to see how and if it works. Hugs accounts close!

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:32 pm 

The first login code I got was really hard to read but the second time I logged in was much easier. It would be nice if they were all easy to read though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:36 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

everconfused wrote:
tonu_revived wrote:
Scream wrote:

OK, I've logged into my accounts and knock wood, didn't get that last faded code so I had no problem reading the codes. In fact, they were actually easier than the other one because it is bigger! :)

There are programs that play games for you? That is beyond absurd! How lazy can you be that you can't be bothered to even play your own games?!! The pound thing I never heard of either, I thought that was just being quick and lucky.

The new ab that was made public? No, I don't know where it is and NO I don't wan't to know. The whole ab thing was bad enough before people starting posting them, bragging about how they made them. And who knows what else was put in those programs? People who cheat make me ill. That now includes anyone who would stoop to using a program to play a game for them.

I wouldn't know how any of those things worked if my life depended on it, and it doesn't make sense to get one, even if it is just to see how and if it works. Hugs accounts close!

I only tested it because I knew my main account wouldnt get frozen because I used a fake IP adress and a test account... and the test account never got frozen, but I guess that may be because it only loaded the AB once... I think they should make a new code for shops and use a different image url and any accounts that request the old security image url should be iced... but I'm not sure if that's how the ab works but I think it is...

Set by Tomatie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:19 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Orhonjan wrote:
probably.

and they should think of changing the ones in shops.

Yeah, The one in the shops are though to read. I don't always understand them. and Someone else buy what I want... *sigh*

New Set By: Moi!
Wishie: Pirate Paint Brush : 137,790 NP/ 1.2 Millions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:06 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

tonu_revived wrote:

I only tested it because I knew my main account wouldnt get frozen because I used a fake IP adress and a test account... and the test account never got frozen, but I guess that may be because it only loaded the AB once... I think they should make a new code for shops and use a different image url and any accounts that request the old security image url should be iced... but I'm not sure if that's how the ab works but I think it is...

You were lucky -- even using a "test" account. If you had been caught, you might have been frozen and IP banned (I know, before you all say it, IP can be changed -- somehow). I'm really glad that didn't happen to you.

You know, when they recently froze so many people who were using ab'ers, there were some innocent people frozen for it too. I'm wondering if, when the code for the shops was changed, there were some shops that weren't updated immediately. If they weren't and someone went to rs in those shops, they would be making a request of the old code, which is probably what triggered them being frozen. And the really sad part is, the unfairly frozen for using an ab'er will more than likely never get their accounts back.

I have not actually seen the new shop codes. I'm on dial up which is slow and difficult enough to try to rs (even without ab'ers!). When the code was first instituted, I checked out a couple of shops. I couldn't get a single thing so I've given up completely on restocking in main shops. In a way, I guess that's good -- no worries (hopefully) about being frozen for using an ab.

But there's alot of people complaining that the new code is almost unreadable. Maybe they could change it so it's more like the new log in code - larger font and random, different styles of fonts. Wouldn't that make it alot harder for someone to use an ab program? And at the same time make it easier for honest players to try to catch some restocks? Just pondering...

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:32 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

ITs not just the shops that have an auto problem.

The faerie employment agency has even more. I can't get a job and its just clicking.

There should be a program like powerpets to stop people from buying anything for the first 5 seconds.

Save the trees! Don't do homework!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2