Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 6:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 543 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 37  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:26 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Menai looked with interest at the ex-dark wizard. Black magic seemed useful, considering her new dressphere was a Black Mage. On the other hand - she glanced at the horrendous book - she didn't think she could possibly be evil enough to create a book like... like that. Human flesh and blood - she shuddered.

Being a White Mage would probably have drawbacks when she was a Black Mage, she realised. White and black magic never mixed well together but maybe she could be a Black Mage without having to be cruel. After all, Black Mages used black magic, not pure evil, dark spells like a Dark Wizard would.

She was quite relieved when the pixie was stuffed away, but she didn't know about the book. It might teach her some good black magic spells though.

Karmina breathed a sigh of relief when the pixie was put away in the drawer. "Oh Iaran," she cried in an almost tragic voice. Her hands were shaking and she was still taut with fear. "Please let's throw that book away!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:51 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Iaran looked at Karmina, who was obviously scared of Necronom. "I don't think we can just throw the book away. Or Necronom. Think about it, if someone else got their hands on them some serious evil magic could be used. But if we take care of them, then we can keep an eye on them."

She quietly grabbed the book and bound it with some chain, then quickly attached a padlock and put the book into a pouch in her bag. "There, now the book is safe. Would you like to carry the key Karmina, or should someone else? That'll make sure that no-one else can use the book without either of our permission. That includes Necronom."

Then she re-opened the drawer with Necronom in it. "You have to stay in there until we move on, okay?"

Necronom pouted slightly then sat down in the drawer with his arms crossed. Iaran snapped the drawer shut and lay back against the bed. "Well, it seems that Necronom is sorted. None of you should be afraid of him though, he seems harmless. And I'm not going to free him back into his true form any time soon. He might be able to teach us to use some magic, but I doubt that he can do it himself."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:03 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

The Warrior closed his eyes, and turned to Malea, but only for a moment.

A Black Mage. Another job. Hmm...

Suspicions arouse, as he turned from the black mage to Elily.

'Hm. I was told to look for a Gunner version of Elissis by the name of Elily. I suppose the fact that you two look alarmingly alike is just a coincidence,' he spoke, stressing the word 'just'.

'Oh, really?' Elily challenged, holding up her Gunner sphere, and changed back into her default job.

He blinked. He hadn't expect to stumble upon the squad so easily. Was this some kind of illusion? He had predicted at least some sort of a challenge. And here he was, standing right in front of a squad member. And, if he wasn't mistaken, the black mage was another too.

And for the first time for the past half an hour, he smiled, and backed off a few steps slowly, getting Malea into his line of vision.

'Are you...part of the Selected Squad?' he asked aloud, to no one in particular.

'Yes I am, and this is Malea, a squad member too,' Elily replied firmly, now getting annoyed by his doubts and hesitation.

'And now, could you kindly tell us who you are?' Elily tried to make it clear that she wasn't in the mood for jokes. He raised his sword and rested it on his shoulder.

'The name's Maulior. Mauree has entrusted me to locate the Squad. We were both to meet up if the search was successful. Now that my mission is complete, it is now my responsibility to notify my sister as soon as possible.' Without another word, he swept past by Elily and Malea, his robes flapping a little, his sword still held to lie on his shoulders, the handle held by his right hand, and disappeared outside. Elily took one step towards the hotel entrance, but stopped. She had so many questions to ask.

- Sweet set made by GlimmerFae-
"I wanted to change the world, but I changed nothing. That is my story." - Auron, FF X.

Avatar removed, hotlinking problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:06 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

"No!" Karmina shrieked, leaping backwards and crashing right onto Mina this time. "I mean," she gasped, pulling herself away. "N-no, I don't want to, I'd rather not." She looked at Mina. "I'm so sorry," she murmured, standing up rather shakily.

Menai noticed that Karmina's eyes were larger than ever and were glazed over. "I'm sorry," she was saying again. "I - I just need to rest. I'm sorry, I'm going back to my room." She shuffled towards the door, her steps going every which-way. It looked like she was dizzy or something. Hand trembling, she stumbled out the door. "Don't hijack a boat" were her parting words before her soft footsteps were heard padding across the floor towards her own room.

Wonder what's wrong with her? Menai thought. The Songstress had been so cold and collected, speaking to few people, always lost in her own thoughts. She certainly wasn't the type of person to suddenly fall apart. Was Necronom really that frightening? she wondered. Apart from the fact he was probably going to try and kill them all if they released him into his real form, he seemed quite harmless. And useful.

So how were they to travel? Menai looked at her own map. A river flowed to the Mountains. Or was it from? She blinked. "Hey," she said slowly. "Is this river flowing away from the Mountains?" If it was, they would take a long time going against the current. Menai tried to work it out, but she couldn't tell. She had never been too interested in geography. She did know that streams usually flowed down a mountain toward the sea though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:16 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Iaran looked at Karmina, and blinked a few times. "I-I'm sorry."
What was THAT all about?

After sitting in silence for a while Iaran grew bored, and quietly stood up. "I'm going for a walk. I'll be back soon." She quickly exited the room and pressed the button for the lift. Impatiently deciding that it was taking too long, she walked over to the stairs. Pushing the door open slightly she leaped onto the banister and slid down to the lobby.

When she opened the door to the lobby she was greeted by a very strange sight. Part of the lobby appeared to have taken a beating, and Elily and Malea were standing looking rather confusedly towards the front door. Jogging over to them, Iaran took one last look at the scene before turning to Elily. "What's going on? Was there some kind of battle here? And what are you two staring at? Did I mention that I've found something, or rather someone within the book?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:56 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Elily was still in a confused daze. She had wanted to ask so many things. Why was he supposed to seek them out? What did he want to do? Who was his sister? Did they know her sister from anywhere?

But all of those had to be put away for the time being. Right now, she had to deal with Iaran's sudden barrage of questions. Feeling rather distracted at the moment, she struggled to remember what Iaran had asked.

'There's this crazy girl who probably escaped from a mental hospital or something, she suddenly attacked me, while I was on the way to look for the other squad mem-' Elily stopped short, when she realised she had forgotten her sole purpose of leaving her room. Oh no!

'I'msorryIgottogonowI'llseeyoulater-' she mushed up a line of words into a hurried sentence, before dashing out of the lobby, leaving many questions unanswered.

Elily ran all the way out, her panic giving her temporary agility. She looked around the now quiet street. It was quite late at night now, and most locals had probably gone to bed, or were at home by now. Which should make locating other squad members a breeze.

Right?

"I wanted to change the world, but I changed nothing. That is my story." - Auron, FF X.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:17 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

(Okay, in that case... I don't think I'll even bother editting my other post.)

Rosa watched quietly from behind a column on the far side of the hotel lobby. The man who had walked in just before her had healed Elily. Talk about being a good samaratin, she thought. She wasn't sure why she was staying out of sight, but she wanted to try and figure out what had happened without actually going up to ask. After the man healed Elily and she came to, he began to speak. However, the lobby was large, and Rosa was much too far away to properly hear what was being said. All she could hear was quiet murmuring, and didn't tell her anything.

The man left at last, leaving Elily gazing out the door with a rather puzzled look on her face. What had all of that been about? Rosa wasn't sure whether or not she wanted to ask.

At last, Rosa decided on simply going back up to her room again. If Elily was down here, then where were the rest of the Squad members? Rosa assumed they were all up in there rooms, probably getting ready for bed, but that seemed too easy of an explanation. By the looks of it, there had been a full-out battle there in the lobby.

Rosa settled down a little more in her room. It felt secure there. She didn't like the feeling of knowing that a member of the Squad had already gotten into two near-fatal situations in the last 24 hours. It sure seemed like someone was out to get Elily. And if they were out to get Elily, then the entire Squad could be in danger as well.

Mina pulled away from Karmina quickly, trying to avoid colliding with her, but she didn't move soon enough. Karmina crashed right into her.

"Ow!" Mina said, rubbing the spot on her arm where Karmina's shoulder had hit her as Karmina stuttered an apology. Why didn't that girl look where she was going? And why was she so jumpy around Necronom? Sure, Mina herself had jumped a little, but she wasn't positively petrified at the creature. Coward, Mina thought. If they had to go into battle, which Mina was fairly sure they would at some point, then Karmina was the last person Mina was going to expect to defend her, especially if she was scared of a little pixie.

(Narf, bad post. Oh, I hope Shadowfare doesn't mind me butchering her character a little bit...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:56 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

In her own room, Karmina sat on her bed and tried to collect herself together. She began a slow breathing exercise that eventually calmed her grated nerves. Feeling a little more like herself again, she tried to push Necronom out of her thoughts and failed.

He's a Dark Wizard, her heart whispered in fear.

So what? He's a harmless pixie and he's bound to Iaran's bidding because she unleashed him. You know about those types of jinns and magical creatures that must obey whoever freed them, her brain argued back.

She shouldn't have unleashed him in the first place. You shouldn't have helped! her heart accused.

How was I to know that it was an accursed dark wizard's book? the brain defended Karmina.

Iaran could just as easily unleash him into his true form and we'll all be dead! Karmina could imagine her heart wringing its hands if it had any as it wailed.

She won't.

She was stupid enough to free him.

Well... yes. But was it her that freed him?

Neither heart nor brain could remember if it was Iaran who had freed Necronom.

Anyway, the brain continued cheerfully, she's not that stupid.

That's what you say, muttered the heart.

Now why not do some actual work rather than worry about an ex-dark wizard now turned pixie? demanded the brain.

Comforted by her contradicting thoughts, Karmina rummaged through her bag for a piece of cloth and found one. Time to get down to serious work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:41 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Iaran blinked surprised by Elily's sudden disappearance. She turned to Malea, still utterly confused. "What's going on? I figure someone tried to attack Elily. Oooo, maybe it was Dila! But she couldn't be that stupid could she?"

Quickly sitting down, Iaran was deep in thought. Then, finally coming to a desicion, she quickly got up and made her way out to follow Elily. "Malea, I'm gonna follow Elily okay? Can you tell the others in my room about everything that happened?"

Without waiting for an answer, Iaran ran outside until she spotted Elily. She quietly, and quickly began following her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:08 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Location: Well, if the little icon says I'm online, than I'm probably hunched over in front of the 'puter...
NAME FulXar
AGE 16
GENDER Male
DEFAULT JOB trainor Secondary Samurai
SPECIES Turie
LOOKS Brown hair, hazel eyes, wirey thin, kinda lanky, 6' tall, always carrying a backpack, not always filled with books ;)
PERSONALITY Extrovert, tries to be the funny man, loyal friend, VERY protective of his pet... and friends too
OTHER Pet.... *more to come*
WILLING TO POST AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK? Of Course
ANYTHING ELSE? Turie!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:37 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

[Welcome our new Trainer! ^_^ Main characters are now closed, though side characters are still open.]

The cold, night winds blew through the town roads mercilessly. The roads were now deserted, and Elily could see no one but herself. Very few shops were open at times like these. A clinic. A 24-hour convenient grocery shop. A police station and post office merged together in one building. Elily ploughed on, silently fighting against the cold wind, each step was a challenge for her. She shivered, realising her guns and cloak were still up in her room.

However, Elily didn't like walking out alone on the streets like that. She always got the impression she was being stalked by someone. She always got paranoid when alone. Shaking her head, and deciding to play it safe, she quickly turned left into an alley, and zigzagged her way through the mini-maze of back lanes of the shops, before jumping up to the roof of a shop and jumped off at the other end. She kept on turning behind, but saw no one. Figuring she was safe for the moment, she went to the outskirts of the town. Elily found herself wondering why she even chose to go there. Anyway, that didn't matter. She came and stopped at a river. No one was there, but then she found a little fresh blood and some torn cloth lying near a tree nearby. Elily crouched down, and gently picked up the cloth, idly fingering it, a feeling of thoughtfulness clouding her mind.

Standing up again, she looked around. No one. All was quiet, except for the wind and the river. Someone had been here a while ago, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:06 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

[Hi timkhj, it's nice to meet you. ^_^

Glass: How do you explain the disappearance of the other trainer and the apperance of the new one though? o_O]

Menai sighed. Everyone was leaving rather than discussing and she didn't have an answer to her question. She looked at the few people left and raised her voice, hoping a louder speech might catch someone's attention.

"Is this river flowing to or away from the Mountains?" she asked with the volume one might use on top of a stage in a big hall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:12 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

[Well, let's just assume he had been here all along? Ehehehehe. I don't know.]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:38 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

((cool! an new trainer! ill bring him into the RP so it sounds like hes been here.))

"ok." Malea called to Iaran. Suddenly, she was alone. She feared that book with al her heart, and now she was soposed to go back. She slowly walked back to the room. That was when she realized she was alone. Fear took over her body, and her heart was pounding. She didn tknow why she was afaraid, but she was.

Just then, she saw FulXar. "hey!" she called to him. She started to become less scaired.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:58 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

"We should throw this book out" Aki croked. His voice sounded strange, skrachy-sounding and with a stutter that didn't sound like him at all.
"We should. Trust me I've seen what this book can can do...what that..that..."
Aki struggled for a word or a phrase that fit the Pixie,
"...That THING has done. H'an it's not pritty. Oh no. You think your doing good with it...But your not. it's never good. NEVER. Keeping it's just...just as bad as useing it. We're only Turies after all..."
Aki was frantic now that he'd recognized the smell, one could say that a string his mind had held taunt for far too long had finaly snapped...
"Trust me! We've got to through it out...or..or..Destroy it somehow...
We're only Turries! "

((Aki's gone loco, H'an don't worry it will make more sense as we go along..hopefullt anyways.
H'an also If I don't get the chnace to post, a Heads-up on the fact that I'll be gone the 19 to the 24 of July.))

Looks like I'm back!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 543 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 37  Next