Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:52 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

atomicblonde wrote:
I'm still word impared. I don't understand the second step at all. o_O

When you copy the data into word, press ctrl-h or go to edit->replace to bring up the 'find and replace' window. In the 'find what' box put | and in 'replace with' put ^p, then click replace all. Next put , into 'find what' and ^t in 'replace with' and click replace all again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:52 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I didn't find this but it might help

The Farmer
The Wave
The First To Rise
The Dreamer
The Gladiator
The Dancer
The Gatherer
The Sleeper
The Thief
The Protector
The Collector
The Hunter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:54 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

For what it's worth, nothing secret seems to be clickable on the Altador map. There's the obvious, the quarry, and the tomb. I think it might be one constellation a day and we need to be on the lookout for new clickable spots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:56 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

atomicblonde wrote:
I'm still word impared. I don't understand the second step at all. o_O

Okay, once you've pasted your data into Word, press CTRL+H (or go to Edit > Replace).

In the "Find What" box, enter | (usually found by pressing SHIFT and \ -- alternatively, copy and paste the symbol from this post). Then, in the "Replace With" box enter ^p (the ^ is normally fould by pressing SHIFT and 6).

Once this is done, click Replace All. This should sort the data set into a single column.

Then, change the "Find What" box to , (comma) and the "Replace With" box with ^t, and click Replace All. This should then split the data set into 3 columns.

Once this is all done, select the entire data set and paste into Excel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:57 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Yay! I got to work, have an awful time, come back and see a spurt in posts and learn about a constellation becoming available. I am very happy now!

I found the constellation pretty quickly. First thing I did after someone posted the link to the tomb was pop on over, click the dots (seemed like the right thing to do at the time), went to the Lenny, and went to my map. It had finally changed from what is has been the past few days. I just kind of scrolled around the map taking it in for awhile.

Then I just saw the constellation. It is actually alot easier than what I expected, and alot easier than what we have been making it.

Doesn't it seem odd though... that the first constellation we find is that of the Darkest Faerie? And referring back to the poem on the pet page http://petpages.neopets.com/~FirstToRise ...it mentions something about the Darkest Faerie and her eyes, something about poking her in the eye. Hmm...! ;-)

Edit: The typo monster attacked my post. :-(

Last edited by Mimi on Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:59 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

And for all of you going crazy trying to plug your info into different programs, relax. We don't have the next step, so it's not a race. Just try wandering around your map looking for something that looks right. While you certainly can use other ways, you don't have to. Don't stress yourself out over it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:04 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

ok we found the sleeper on the tomb. Aren't there another 2 constellations with six stars, can someone please remind me of which ones, i believe dancer is one but i don't remember the others. perhaps we have to find all of those 2 or 3. if so then that should me in the next little while some sorts dance place or whatever relations to the 3rd 6 star arrangement could be unlocked.

Just a thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:05 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Cilian wrote:
And for all of you going crazy trying to plug your info into different programs, relax. We don't have the next step, so it's not a race. Just try wandering around your map looking for something that looks right. While you certainly can use other ways, you don't have to. Don't stress yourself out over it.

That's how I ended up doing it too. It's so much easier that way. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:08 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Cilian wrote:

I dunno, I probably never would have found it just looking, I don't have that kind of brain. Once I figured out how to get everything into Excel, it only took me a minute or two. And since the last step will be a race of sorts, it doesn't hurt to practice. :)

I <3 the lit-up gems. This is a fun plot.

Me in a dress - that's a once in a lifetime opportunity

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:10 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Cilian, finally a voice of reason. Thanks. Besides, what is wrong with Ye Olde Star Mapper? ;)

http://www.boomspeed.com/zaniam/theSky.html

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:10 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Sunsinger wrote:
ok we found the sleeper on the tomb. Aren't there another 2 constellations with six stars, can someone please remind me of which ones, i believe dancer is one but i don't remember the others. perhaps we have to find all of those 2 or 3. if so then that should me in the next little while some sorts dance place or whatever relations to the 3rd 6 star arrangement could be unlocked.

Just a thought.

1) I believe that we'll find all twelve constellations, not just the three from the TCG that have six points. Seeing as there are twelve statues, twelve ceiling tiles, and every ceiling tile has multiple points, it's more than likely that six of the points will be used as a part of the upcoming constellations.

2) I don't think the next constellations will pop up so soon after the first. I'm sure TNT wants alot of Neopians to realize that they can finally find a constellation and are just waiting a bit. I expect the next one in a few days, possibly.

I also believe the Darkest Faerie may also be the first on we found seeing as it was the easiest to find. Just a straight row of stars, right? Let's just wait for Jerdana... it's going to be all over the place, all swirly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:16 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

anjuna wrote:
Cilian, finally a voice of reason. Thanks. Besides, what is wrong with Ye Olde Star Mapper? ;)

http://www.boomspeed.com/zaniam/theSky.html

I just remember last plot how people would get all worked up over things supposed to make things easier and lose sight of the big picture. And thank you for reposting the mapper. I'm still holding out, but if I cave, it's certainly the route I'm taking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:24 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

soymimi wrote:
Sunsinger wrote:

Just a thought.

1) I believe that we'll find all twelve constellations, not just the three from the TCG that have six points. Seeing as there are twelve statues, twelve ceiling tiles, and every ceiling tile has multiple points, it's more than likely that six of the points will be used as a part of the upcoming constellations.

2) I don't think the next constellations will pop up so soon after the first. I'm sure TNT wants alot of Neopians to realize that they can finally find a constellation and are just waiting a bit. I expect the next one in a few days, possibly.

I also believe the Darkest Faerie may also be the first on we found seeing as it was the easiest to find. Just a straight row of stars, right? Let's just wait for Jerdana... it's going to be all over the place, all swirly.

Hmm... if they change the number of stars depending on the glyph (so 5 stars, instead of 6) then Jerdana's won't be too hard - 5 stars in a cross/plus shape. If they stick with 6, it might be a little harder, but I doubt that it will be unbearably difficult.

The hardest one to find, going off the TCG, will likely be Siyana's. The stars in the First to Rise literally are all over the place, but I'm sure there'll be a pattern to locating them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:26 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

thank you, elric, for helping find my stars but i still can't find mine in the observatory

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:30 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

ainynn wrote:
thank you, elric, for helping find my stars but i still can't find mine in the observatory

You are doing the negatives, right?

Elric's LDP Fun Pics
Visit Petfinder.com

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next