Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Oct 10, 2024 4:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:41 am 
PPT God
PPT God

cap wrote:
I'm planning on ending act 3 at level 40-45. I'm on insane and I think overleveling works really well =P

I beat Anubits at level 42, but my friend said that when he beat Anubits at leveln 42 he was too easy. He was 25% hard for me, but I still would fight hi at 42 or else I'd be underleveled for act 5.

I like pickles, I like cheese, I like climbing lobster trees!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:10 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Chaud wrote:
cap wrote:
I'm planning on ending act 3 at level 40-45. I'm on insane and I think overleveling works really well =P

I beat Anubits at level 42, but my friend said that when he beat Anubits at leveln 42 he was too easy. He was 25% hard for me, but I still would fight hi at 42 or else I'd be underleveled for act 5.

I beat him at level 41. On evil. He was easy for me. And I'm in Faerieland right now (near the Devilpuss), and I'm nowhere near underlevelled.

Gone, forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:59 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

It's summer and I've got not much to do so I figured maybe I could play NQII! But because I'm completely hopeless in these games, I was wondering if there are basically completely walkthrough, like YiffySquirrel's for NQI. The only way I beat NQI was because I followed that walkthrough. Unfortunately, I can't find any for NQII, and NQII's even harder than NQI!

Are there any general things I should know? Like should I stock up on Healing Potions? How much gold should I carry around? I've never actually played a game like NQII before (sad.. I know) so I don't know anything. Any help would be much appreciated. :D

Edit: Oh yeah. Which is better: concentrating on a particular skill first, or building each skill up together?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:16 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

There's a tutorial I've archived on my website, but it only covers the first three chapters. http://www.angeltowns2.com/members/lost ... guide.html

Healing potions are good. Keep as many of them as possible. With the gold, just try not to die, as you lose half of it.

It depends on your strategy, I usually build up Damage Increase/Critical Attacks to about 5 or 6, then start working on the Innates. Stay away from Combat Focus and Battle Taunt, though. Stunning is also quite useful later on in the game.

If you need any other help, feel free to PM me and I'll try and answer your questions.

Gone, forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:31 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I'm also available if you have questions.

Where can I find the complete walkthrough for nq1?

Honk Honk Honk $#%#$% honk hooooonk.

- Honk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:39 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

cap wrote:
I'm also available if you have questions.

Where can I find the complete walkthrough for nq1?

http://www.digifort.com/idnq/index.php? ... es&rel=nq1

The first four guides are complete walk throughs..

If anyone has questions, I'm available as well. :)

Don't be afraid to see the truth, even if no one wants you to. Be yourself and not a fool. Don't ever be afraid to speak your mind and listen to criticism. Dissent is keeps our country progressive and willingness to challenge yourself is what keeps yourself ever evolving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:07 am 
PPT God
PPT God

vivian58 wrote:
It's summer and I've got not much to do so I figured maybe I could play NQII! But because I'm completely hopeless in these games, I was wondering if there are basically completely walkthrough, like YiffySquirrel's for NQI. The only way I beat NQI was because I followed that walkthrough. Unfortunately, I can't find any for NQII, and NQII's even harder than NQI!

Are there any general things I should know? Like should I stock up on Healing Potions? How much gold should I carry around? I've never actually played a game like NQII before (sad.. I know) so I don't know anything. Any help would be much appreciated. :D

Edit: Oh yeah. Which is better: concentrating on a particular skill first, or building each skill up together?

Alex pretty much covered it. Try and build up your dmage increase and melee haste at first, and do critical later on in the game. When you get to Zombom you may wanna start putting some points into magic resistance ;) Also do stunning with critical hits later on, remember.

"You have the power."

I like pickles, I like cheese, I like climbing lobster trees!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:51 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

YaY! So many helpful people here. :)

But wow, SO many mixed messages about how to concentrate skills. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:57 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

vivian58 wrote:
YaY! So many helpful people here. :)

But wow, SO many mixed messages about how to concentrate skills. :o

Since you're on normal, it really doesn't matter unless you do something extraordinarily dumb. :-P

I prefer to build up damage increase and melee haste first. When I get a few in each, I tend to toss a some points in stun, then in critical damage. It all depends on your strategy. Are you going for speed or pure damage?

Don't be afraid to see the truth, even if no one wants you to. Be yourself and not a fool. Don't ever be afraid to speak your mind and listen to criticism. Dissent is keeps our country progressive and willingness to challenge yourself is what keeps yourself ever evolving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:04 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

SpiraLethe wrote:
It all depends on your strategy. Are you going for speed or pure damage?

Strategy? *cough* I wouldn't know. Damage at the moment, I suppose.

Also, is "Father's Sword" important later on? Although, it'd only get me 50gp, which isn't actually that much anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:09 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

vivian58 wrote:
SpiraLethe wrote:
It all depends on your strategy. Are you going for speed or pure damage?

Strategy? *cough* I wouldn't know. Damage at the moment, I suppose.

Also, is "Father's Sword" important later on? Although, it'd only get me 50gp, which isn't actually that much anyway.

Whatever works for you. :) You'll figure things out after you play for a while. When I first played NQ2, I had no clue what I was doing. The game on normal is kind, so you have some room to experiment .

Not really. You can sell it if you want. I tend to keep it around (except on InSaNe) just for sentimental value. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:18 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

SpiraLethe wrote:
The game on normal is kind, so you have some room to experiment .

Good to know!

Quote:
Not really. You can sell it if you want. I tend to keep it around (except on InSaNe) just for sentimental value. :P

Sentiments are for wimps!! Must get as much GOLD as possible! $_$ :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:21 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

vivian58 wrote:
Sentiments are for wimps!! Must get as much GOLD as possible! $_$ :P

The last game I played on Evil I had over 150k gold by the end and that was without selling the 50 gold sword. ;) If only gold converted into NP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:51 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I have a question... I just entered Act 3 and I have no clue where to heal... I need to desparately... Talinia is dead :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:35 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Can someone please tell me EXACTLY where I can found the bionic bunnys for the avatar?

I am currently in the village AFTER the devilpuss, have I gone to far?

ImageImage
Thanks Rachel!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next