Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:34 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:15 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

As my cache still showed the old ones, I managed to save them, so here they are, vs their updates.
Image vs Image

Image vs Image

Image vs Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:28 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I think that looks a lot better! :) When I first saw it this morning I was surprised, since I thought they would mention that, in the news maybe.

Credit to Ken for the set :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:30 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I think she looks much better, apart from the nose. Her nose is just wrong.

Set by Pixa <3 || WWW for previous sets || T-Shirts gallery
Support Roo Island!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:42 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Skynetmain wrote:
I've been holding this in all day, but... she looks like an anorexic reject from Rivendell! There! I said it. It is out there and totally true. Deal with it.

Sorry if I insulted any LotR, elf, and/or Faerie fans, but it had to be said.

You have to admit that the proportions are drawn much better now. The last one had a tinsy waist and short arms but a Pam Anderson chest.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:52 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

mercurius wrote:
You have to admit that the proportions are drawn much better now. The last one had a tinsy waist and short arms but a Pam Anderson chest.

Yeah, but the eyes on the old one were much nicer, and her hair now just looks like one giant hunk of metal. I also preferred the old blue scallop to the new red one. And the new one is definitely unhealthily skinny, even if her proportions are more correct.

Nabile pwns you...

            ...At Lenny Connundrum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:09 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I dunno... most of the faeries have gone down the anorexic route now, so I guess I don't take any notice of some more than others... I just get annoyed at all of them. My Meridell Faerie never made the Art Gallery either.

I guess, sadly enough, that it's the norm to have humanoids that would vie with supermodels for looks. Look at Barbie, Bratz (after you get past the head), Disney Princesses etc...

As an overweight-and-can't-help-it (stupid metabolism) person, I have to say I do dislike this trend. I can just imagine the soup faerie as a nice rotund Italian-like mama, offering her food to everyone. ^^;

Image Yeah, Ledi needs a new sig...
DeviantART! http://ledicat.deviantart.com/

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:31 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Ledi wrote:
I can just imagine the soup faerie as a nice rotund Italian-like mama, offering her food to everyone. ^^;

That would be so perfect! <3 I would like to see some more ethnic (and less skinny) Faeries on Neopets (they ruined the Island Faerie when they updated her!) Especially since Neopets is played worldwide, by ALL shapes of people. And perhaps a male Faerie too ^^;

Post subject: Re: ...
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:38 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Lorcanwolf wrote:
Ledi wrote:
I can just imagine the soup faerie as a nice rotund Italian-like mama, offering her food to everyone. ^^;

That would be so perfect! <3 I would like to see some more ethnic (and less skinny) Faeries on Neopets (they ruined the Island Faerie when they updated her!) Especially since Neopets is played worldwide, by ALL shapes of people. And perhaps a male Faerie too ^^;

A male Faerie o_O Ignoring that line, a more diverse population would be good, give each area its own 'ethnicly correct' Faeries, etc. I thought Nuria was a good start, with her 'bedouin' look. I like the 'Italian mama' Soup Faerie design, even if it is a little bit of a stereotype. I was also thinking that a Queen of England (since I know TNT loves their homeland) look for Fyora would be nice if we went with more diversity.

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:22 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I'd rather not see ethnicity limited by world. Really, all the need to do is not make every single generic elemental faerie caucasian. Nuria would have been a nice change, if we had seen more than her gorram statue in the months since the plot started. I think the healing faerie's overall look is to be expected, but the nose is downright fugly. Someone over on the temp Neocolours foum fixed her up a bit by giving her an L shaped nose, defining her lips, and moving her left eye up some. They were really simple fixes that didn't take much time. Overall though, I think TNT is just not as good at drawing humans as they are animals, present Ogrin company excluded. Aside from being too thin most of the time, they really screw up the face. The eyes are slanted too far in, too covered in eyeshadow, and if they don't look like Fyora Jackson they look like hairless rats or cats more than humans. And yes, I think they aren't more than humans with wings as far as anatomy goes because there's yet to be a distinct look for Neopets' faeries.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:41 am 

Funny thing is I was taking Kong124 to the Healing Springs a while ago and was wondering if they were ever going to redo her... And she's redone my next visit. That was freaky. :P

She looks WAY better now, IMO.

-----

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:11 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I really like her new look. Before she looked poorly drawn and as if one of the male neopet staff members had drawn her due to her chest size there.

But about the whole proportion on all the faeries - I have always seen Faeries as being tiny and slender. Its just a faerie characteristic that has been around for ages. A few artists have drawn more full-figured faeries, but, ah well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:13 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

The new look is pretty nice. I think the pastel colors are overdoing it a bit, though. She used to look a lot uglier before IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:02 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Wind wrote:
I think she looks much better, apart from the nose. Her nose is just wrong.

Ditto to that. Especially on the sad pose. O_o

Saiyajins, Sandcastles, and Wingless Eyries... oh my!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:15 am 
PPT God
PPT God

When I see them side by side I can tell that the new faerie is much better and nicer looking.
'Cept the sad pose, she doesn't look -that- sad...
But she looks much more magical now, all glittering and dazzling.

Original Joined Date: November 30th, 2002

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:03 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I like the update. I'm not crazy about her nose, but the eyes, hair, proportions, and background look a lot better.

I don't really like that all of the faeries are so homogenous, though. It would be nice if they would make them look a little different from each other.

ImageImageImage
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. - Samuel Clemens

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next