Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:45 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Cranberry wrote:
Around 7,000 people weakened Razul. So the 100,000 estimate is a little high. ;)

Ah, yeah I guess 100 000 is just a little off eh ;)

Can't remember for the life of me where I read that...I hate when that happens ^_^;;

Awesome Set by DM!! :D

:) Neo44392 on Neopets^_^ Neomail me for neopets premium invites :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:57 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Cranberry wrote:
Around 7,000 people weakened Razul. So the 100,000 estimate is a little high. ;)

Around 7k. Dang. that beats my 5k guess. Thanks for the number. :peace:

Edit
archergirl2000 wrote:
Can't remember for the life of me where I read that...I hate when that happens ^_^;;

That number (4) was thrown around (8) a lot in may earlier posts (15). It must (16) have been (23) picked up subliminally (42).

PS: Sorry for the lame Lost reference.

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:39 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Heh...I just sent in a Neotimes comic commenting on the Lost Desert Puzzle. It's the worst quality(JPGs suck) in apppearance, but I think everyone that did this puzzle will get the jokes. I hope TNT accepts it and doesn't think I was just making fun of the puzzle. XD I loved it, but it's easy to make some jokes on it.

Hmmm only 7k beat him? Wow, that's about 2k more then people who moved blocks. I think we alls hould be happy they didn't wait till 100k peopel beat him. Might take another 3 months.

So which weapon truley was the least picked? Seems like Spear. O_o People and loving swords and shiny stuff.

Set by Ken
Playing these games: Tales of the Abyss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:53 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Infinite Wisdom was far more attractive for me at least :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:25 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I got the sword because it seemed more... desert-like than the others. Maybe I should have picked the spear? o_O

Set by Pixa <3 || WWW for previous sets || T-Shirts gallery
Support Roo Island!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:15 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

7k? With the amount of time it took, they will probably still hand out pretty good prizes to everyone who killed him. 7k is small enough that they can dish out somthing like a prize similar to winning evil at neoquest, and yet not totally kill the econmy there.

Whats the over/under on when prizes will be handed out? Id say around... december 19th... 2006 =P

Lady Night made me do it :P
Click for Werewolf!
Click for more Werewolf(as well as Role Playing)!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:23 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

sirclucky wrote:
7k? With the amount of time it took, they will probably still hand out pretty good prizes to everyone who killed him. 7k is small enough that they can dish out somthing like a prize similar to winning evil at neoquest, and yet not totally kill the econmy there.

Whats the over/under on when prizes will be handed out? Id say around... december 19th... 2006 =P

You're being a bit generous aren't you.
I think it'll go the same way as the plot and just get forgotten about

Get your egg at http://www.pickle-green.com/egraphics/main.php?id=eggs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:24 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

arogance1 wrote:
sirclucky wrote:

You're being a bit cynical, aren't you. ;)

Programmers are working on it right now, although they don't know exactly when they'll be done. My thoughts are: I'd rather wait a little while and get good prizes instead of getting bad, rushed prizes right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:40 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Cranberry wrote:
arogance1 wrote:
sirclucky wrote:

You're being a bit cynical, aren't you. ;)

Programmers are working on it right now, although they don't know exactly when they'll be done. My thoughts are: I'd rather wait a little while and get good prizes instead of getting bad, rushed prizes right now.

I agree. I can only imagine how complicated it would be to try to assign point values to each aspect of the puzzle, including factoring in when each player completed each section. Besides, waiting should just be a habit for us now, we've done so much of it! :P

Just want to let everyone know, I'm reading the thread and see your questions. ;) Hopefully, I'll get the go ahead from lawyer bot. I think it will be a very intersting interview, at least.

Solving the Master Vex avatar! Please share your screenshot. Punchbag Sid Tracking Thread

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:56 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Cranberry wrote:

Cranberry, where did you get those numbers by the way...just curious...because I would think it would be less...at least that is how it seemed to me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:58 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

What I've been wondering is why are they assigning a point system *now*? Shouldn't that have been something they did as they went along or planned from the beginning? Or maybe they wanted to make the points relevant to how many players turned out for each part instead of a steady, preset number from the start?

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:02 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Jasujo wrote:
What I've been wondering is why are they assigning a point system *now*? Shouldn't that have been something they did as they went along or planned from the beginning? Or maybe they wanted to make the points relevant to how many players turned out for each part instead of a steady, preset number from the start?

You've got a really good point. Even if they do want to involve aftermath factor in the calculating - how much time does it take? It seems like they're doing the tally by hand or something... I don't see how running a script could take so long.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:19 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Quicksilver wrote:
Cranberry wrote:

Cranberry, where did you get those numbers by the way...just curious...because I would think it would be less...at least that is how it seemed to me...

From a programmer. I expect supRNurs will get a quote about the exact number from dirtside when she interviews him. It's a little over 7000.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:41 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

lucifer wrote:
Jasujo wrote:

You've got a really good point. Even if they do want to involve aftermath factor in the calculating - how much time does it take? It seems like they're doing the tally by hand or something... I don't see how running a script could take so long.

I wonder if they expected the PPTers to figure things out more quickly than they did, or less? Or is it that they have to translate all the data from Qasalan?

"I can't make heads or tails of this."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:55 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I think that the most likely reason for waiting is not knowing how many people will do what and finish the plot entirely. It's the first puzzle plot on the site that couldn't be "won" by following a link or getting the answers from the neoboards. Even if they did have estimates, there's no way to know for sure until people started working on it. Knowing how many points people earned doesn't seem like much of a problem compared to assigning what they'll receive for those points.

I also agree that prizes equivalent to those for evil in Neoquest would be pretty fair. Unlike Neoquest, this is a one time event and if you weren't around you missed out for good. I'm hoping we get to keep the weapons, and that they'll at least be as good as scarab rings or obsidian daggers. For other prizes, it'd be nice to have a graduated system of sorts. If you got so far you'd get a t-shirt. If you got further along, you'd get a Tomos plushie and a t-shirt. Even further along and you'd get a Nabile doll, a Tomos plushie, and a t-shirt, etc. That way you won't miss out on a prize you liked better just because it was given away to lower point ranges.

I'm actually expecting a new color of toenail polish designed by the Foreman and a burnt scarab cookie as prizes.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next