Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:09 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

ELiPteK wrote:
- The fact that we were told nobody had yet figured out the next puzzle after Razul

We were not told that... why do people keep saying that? The only time dirtside said we hadn't yet figured something out was way back when we were doing the early scroll-reading stuff in the repository. The plot's over now, for real.

Post subject: Battledome
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:18 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Anybody notice that the Spirit of the Ruins and Scordax disappeared from the battledome along with Razul, but the Mummy ( I can almost hear Peter Lorre saying it..."The Mummy!")is still there. I hope that means we will get credit for beating them- I put a lot of effort into fighting them on the theory that they were some of the "lots of fighting" we were told to expect. I beat the Spirit 37 times and Scordax 6 times,which I was reasonably proud of, considering I had been playing Neopets a bit less than a year. Still, it's looking like they were mostly just a distraction from the puzzle.
I hope the nuria weapon is repaired and usable for future battles as part of our prizes- I could sure use some of the "infinite wisdom" in that spear!!! Oh,well, I'm done ranting for now.

Children today have no respect for their elders. -Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:19 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Cranberry wrote:
ELiPteK wrote:
- The fact that we were told nobody had yet figured out the next puzzle after Razul

We were not told that... why do people keep saying that? The only time dirtside said we hadn't yet figured something out was way back when we were doing the early scroll-reading stuff in the repository. The plot's over now, for real.

Nobody mentioned Dirtside at all. And what's the harm in continued idle speculation until we have our prizes? Maybe some of us have more difficulty letting go of something we were very intensely involved in for several months than you do. If you believe it's completely over, and you may very well be right, then please refrain from continuing to try to convince others on the board of that fact. While I'm sure it is not your intent, it is coming off a bit harshly. I know it is not my place to "moderate", but I feel comfortable enough on this board to speak my mind. If I am in error, by all means, tell me so. The best way to learn is by trying.
I hope that at least some of the loose ends are tied up. If not by more puzzle solving, then by an addition to the solutions page. I know TNT is always very busy with many things and they can't satisfy everyone on everything, but a little more clarity on this plot would be nice.

Post subject: Re: Battledome
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:41 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

labrat167 wrote:
Anybody notice that the Spirit of the Ruins and Scordax disappeared from the battledome along with Razul, but the Mummy ( I can almost hear Peter Lorre saying it..."The Mummy!")is still there. I hope that means we will get credit for beating them- I put a lot of effort into fighting them on the theory that they were some of the "lots of fighting" we were told to expect. I beat the Spirit 37 times and Scordax 6 times,which I was reasonably proud of, considering I had been playing Neopets a bit less than a year. Still, it's looking like they were mostly just a distraction from the puzzle.
I hope the nuria weapon is repaired and usable for future battles as part of our prizes- I could sure use some of the "infinite wisdom" in that spear!!! Oh,well, I'm done ranting for now.

The Qasalan Mummy was released as a Defender's of Neopia challenger, not a plot challenger. I don't think there will be any plot credit for beating it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:30 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Cilian wrote:
Cranberry wrote:
ELiPteK wrote:

Nobody mentioned Dirtside at all. And what's the harm in continued idle speculation until we have our prizes? Maybe some of us have more difficulty letting go of something we were very intensely involved in for several months than you do. If you believe it's completely over, and you may very well be right, then please refrain from continuing to try to convince others on the board of that fact. While I'm sure it is not your intent, it is coming off a bit harshly. I know it is not my place to "moderate", but I feel comfortable enough on this board to speak my mind. If I am in error, by all means, tell me so. The best way to learn is by trying.

I mentioned dirtside because I think this "we were told there was another part after Razul" thing was a misunderstanding brought on by a post I made a while back. I had posted that I contacted dirtside and asked if we were allowed to fight Razul multiple times (no) and if a tie and a win both counted for plot points (yes). Some people, for some reason, thought dirtside had also told me we had more steps in the puzzle, but he never did. The only time anyone from staff ever told us PPTers something like that was when dirtside originally posted back during the scroll-reading.

Also, I don't see how my posts are harsh. If I'd said something like, "The plot's over, you losers; go get lives and stop talking about it," I'd understand, but I didn't. I think you're overreacting. I was just as involved in this plot as anyone else... maybe more than a lot of people. But it said in the news that the puzzle is over, the solution page is up, and I know the programmers are currently tallying points and working on prizes, so it seems pretty clear to me. *Shrug.*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:39 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

ELiPteK wrote:
Four things which make me think the plot isn't over:

- An untradable Mysterious Scroll in our inventories

The scroll was used as a translation guide for the tablet. If the fact that it remains in your inventory bothers you, discard it. It is untradable because it should be untradable. Do you really think someone who didn't complete all the steps up to that point deserves to own one simply by purchasing it? Perhaps you will get your wish and they will be made tradable once the prizes are awarded. Who knows. But they have served their purpose in the puzzle aspect of the plot. Done.

Quote:

Who told you this?
The long wait after Razul was a little confusing and made some of us wonder,yes. But, the solutions page is up. It IS over.

Quote:
- Two 'clickable' areas of the Ch5 comic (over the two white colored towers in the drawing where Sahkmet disappears) that were not used yet and received no mention in the "Solutions" as even being a red herring

I'm sure these were quite accidental, thus they are not mentioned as red herrings because they were not intentionally placed to throw us off.

Quote:
- The fact that Nabile went back to Sahkmet to research scrolls to determine why the curse had not been lifted yet but got interrupted by a near death experience

Actually, she was interrupted by the very reason she was seeking. Mystery solved.

Quote:
...At the very least, I find it difficult to believe that this is how the plot was *intended* to end...Wouldn't be the first time TNT has made a total disappointment of themselves plot-wise ...*cough* *botched Sloth plot* *cough*

Why is this difficult to believe? I have a feeling it was planned to end this way. Yes, there was lack of correlation between the story line comics and the puzzle portions of the plot. But, keep in mind that different members of TNT were responsible for different portions of the plot. I think they are aware of the lack of cohesiveness. Hopefully this is something they can improve upon for next time.

It really is over folks. No matter how much you don't want to believe it, it's time to face the facts. Sorry.

Solving the Master Vex avatar! Please share your screenshot. Punchbag Sid Tracking Thread

Post subject: Is it really ever over?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:15 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

This reminds me of Bluto from Animal House... "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? No. It ain't over until WE say it's over."

Children today have no respect for their elders. -Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:29 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Yeah. Yeah. We all know the canon story arc is dead and fading. Those that don't like it can travel backwards in time and live in the past for all I care. (Hey. It leave more room in the future for us :P ). The only reason why any discussion sh/could go on would be for the non-canon story. Now that all the seriousness is over, we are free to focus on the mythos behind the logos. Since most of that is done through personal theories, the worst I'll do would be to try and get a Neopian Times article written.

And now with the most insane of the theorists telling everyone to call it quits, I'll leave everyone to their own devises. Good night and good luck.

PS: I know it is stupid to say 'good night' when I am posting at 0830 PST. I'm just emulating the greatest newsman of my generation, Keith Olberman, who is in turn emulating the greatest newsman of his generation, Edward R Murrow.

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:56 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Well, I'm glad it's over, at any rate.

Haha, Skynetmain, post #666. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:21 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Now that (hopefully) we've convinced everyone that the end has truly come and gone, I'd like to make a little request.

I've been given the chance to do a "post-plot" interview with our puzzle creator, Mr. Insane. If the legal department gives their stamp of approval, I'll be "publishing" the interview here, on a petpage and possibly in the NT.

If you have any questions you would like to see answered, please post them here. I can't promise that I'll be able to include them all, but any that I use will include credit to the PPT user name of the first person to suggest it. (I already have several questions prepared.)

Please keep in mind that, as a programmer, Mr. Insane is responsible for very little (if any) of the story line / comic portion of the plot. Also, please be sure your question isn't answered on the solutions page.

I plan to complete the interview once the prizes have been awarded (unless that takes forever.) So, please get your questions in before then! ;)

Sky, I'm dying to know who this illustrious title belongs to, "the most insane of the theorists." Please specify. :P

Solving the Master Vex avatar! Please share your screenshot. Punchbag Sid Tracking Thread

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:33 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
supRNurs wrote:
Sky, I'm dying to know who this illustrious title belongs to, "the most insane of the theorists." Please specify. :P

I was honestly refering to myself there. I know I was doing a ton of crazy theories trying to explain the story arc in non-canon way, while most of the others, like yourself, were doing theories that could actually help people.

Here is my questions that I think would be nice to have Mr Insane answer:
1) What was the hardest part of doing a plot that involved group efforts from all of the users?
2) What gave the great idea behind hiding the hieroglyph pieces around Neopia?
3) What was your favorite part of the plot and why?
4) How actively did you follow the message boards to give help and prod us along?
5) How much of the 'waiting game' was intentional?
6) What was the inspiration behind different elements of the plot (ie, the light room in the Repository being like Indiana Jones)?

Sorry, if there are too many questions. Just an otaku at heart... and in practice.

Edit: I'm not certain if any of those were answered on the solutions page since they are mosly opinion or process questions. Sorry to waste space if they have been answered.

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:01 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Sorry, until I get my prizes, I refuse to believe it's over.

The plot's in the desert, so I'm allowed to be in denial. :D

Elric's LDP Fun Pics
Visit Petfinder.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:24 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Location: In the waiting room of Mystery Island training center.
:cry: :cry: :cry:
I'm so sad the plot is over!!!!! I had to go home for thanksgiving, and didn't get past the second crystal! It took me 2 weeks to be lucky enough to fall through spikes!!!!
:cry: :cry: :cry:

If you can identify this statement, neomail me!
"Erik's secrets concern no one but himself!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:41 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

The Grundo Leader stole my Useless Crystal. I hope its not a kind of an item you should keep because it'll become valuable after the plot :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:18 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

supRNurs wrote:
Now that (hopefully) we've convinced everyone that the end has truly come and gone, I'd like to make a little request.

I've been given the chance to do a "post-plot" interview with our puzzle creator, Mr. Insane. If the legal department gives their stamp of approval, I'll be "publishing" the interview here, on a petpage and possibly in the NT.

If you have any questions you would like to see answered, please post them here. I can't promise that I'll be able to include them all, but any that I use will include credit to the PPT user name of the first person to suggest it. (I already have several questions prepared.)

Please keep in mind that, as a programmer, Mr. Insane is responsible for very little (if any) of the story line / comic portion of the plot. Also, please be sure your question isn't answered on the solutions page.

I plan to complete the interview once the prizes have been awarded (unless that takes forever.) So, please get your questions in before then! ;)

1) Is this your only puzzle plot planned for a while?
2) How long did this puzzle take to make?
3)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next