Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:49 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Well, this lame ending makes the ending of my novel absolutely brilliant by comparison. Now they better give me some t-shirt prizes!

Set by Pixa <3 || WWW for previous sets || T-Shirts gallery
Support Roo Island!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:55 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Location: It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.
I'm happy, because OMG there was a Lenny in the plot.
You have to look for them, like an obsessed trekkie frame-by-framing through ten movies and 200 episodes looking for a flash of mister Data's butt cheeks. However... If you look in chapter 12, second panel of the comic, Princess Amira is plainly adressing a partial lenny-shaped blob. She's telling him(her?) to go make sure everyone is fed and warm. The lenny is thinking "Warm? It's a freaking desert, you tentacled bimbo!!"

The city of sakhmet, on the other hand, seems to be teeming with Lennies. They must have been drawn there by the scroll repository. Zoom in on the little cut & paste denizens of Sakhmet. Here's a rundown of the diversity of Sakhmet, based on the flash map:

Techo 8
Aisha 6
Lenny 5
Nimmo 4
Wocky 4
Usul 3
Poogle 1
Plus two tonu guards, a shoyru advisor and princess amira (aisha).

Holy flaming rubbish bins! There are more Lennies than Usuls in Sakhmet. HA! Maybe nexy plot they'll even draw a whole lenny! I can't wait!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:08 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Kess wrote:
I'm happy, because OMG there was a Lenny in the plot.
You have to look for them, like an obsessed trekkie frame-by-framing through ten movies and 200 episodes looking for a flash of mister Data's butt cheeks. However... If you look in chapter 12, second panel of the comic, Princess Amira is plainly adressing a partial lenny-shaped blob. She's telling him(her?) to go make sure everyone is fed and warm. The lenny is thinking "Warm? It's a freaking desert, you tentacled bimbo!!"

I got to love that someone else has 'Trekkie-like obsessiveness,' but I do want to point out one thing. Deserts get really cold at night. It could have been night already so the temp could have been dropping.

That is a great breakdown of pets. It actually shows more diversity than anyother place in Neopia since most of the other maps don't show any of their citizens. (Note, I'm not counting shop owners since they are not openly visible for the most part).

PS: Lennies are all nice and stuff, but we need more Zafaras than anything else. :P

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:13 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Skynetmain wrote:
PS: Lennies are all nice and stuff, but we need more Zafaras than anything else. :P

Agreed! And not just ones in silly backseat positions (*coughs* Kayla), but some actual focused-upon cool ones.

My neopets name isn't zafara_fan_8000 for nothing, after all. XD

Okami Fangirl <3 Eternal Ordeal Oekaki
Neopets: zafara_fan_8000

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:35 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

There was a Bori inthe plot....fleeing for it's life, but it was a forsure Bori. Really, Bori don't seem like the species to live in Lost Desert,so I was suprised to see one.
CoM had pretty diverse amount of neopets in it as well. ;) Every species,but Hissi was in it. Hissi didn't exist back then.

Set by Ken
Playing these games: Tales of the Abyss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:43 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

The solution is up:

http://www.neopets.com/desert/ldp/solution.phtml

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:53 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Starry Angel wrote:

Thank you. After braving all of the broken links, it sounds like we all did the right things. Now all we have to do is wait for the prizes.

Edit:
Quote:
The thieves pilfered 138,989 pieces of furniture

There is a nice 'in your face' to everyone who told me that the number stolen was equal to the total number of blocks. :P

Set by Cukupan
I *heart* R

Last edited by Skynetmain on Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:54 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Quote:
However, due to the distance of the repository from the rest of civilization, it took anywhere from 1 to 3 hours per trip. The time it took had to do with the movement speed of the player's active pet: Pets with a speed of 20 or below took 3 hours, and pets with a speed of 80 or above took 1 hour. Speeds between 20 and 80 were scaled linearly from 3 to 1 hours as speed increased.

Hmmm interesting.

Also, no one mentioned the Foreman's painted toenails...so did we all miss that part there? Explains why white scroll was so hard to get.

EDIT:

Quote:
Finally, all 1,829 pieces of furniture were placed. Of these, the majority (1,434) were scroll racks.

Sorry,but I found that funny! XD Scroll racks were the easiest to place,but i did tables mostly.

Set by Ken
Playing these games: Tales of the Abyss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:00 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Quote:
After a great deal of scrolling down, the player was revealed to be... buried in a pile of scarabs.

We found this hilarious and laughed for days and days.

No comment.

Nabile pwns you...

            ...At Lenny Connundrum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:01 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Awww... I missed a step. I wonder how this will affect my prize o_O

Quote:
At this point, if the player viewed comics 12-14 again, they would find that new clickable symbols, corresponding to the Qasalan hieroglyphs, had appeared in them. Clicking the symbols in the normal left-to-right order would yield another false prophecy:

The golden eye shines truth upon those who would do evil
Return to the Temple of 1,000 Tombs as with the first false prophecy, speak this prophecy to the statue of Nuria, and this time the player would be buried by a MOUNTAIN of scarabs!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:03 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Jordegern wrote:
Awww... I missed a step. I wonder how this will affect my prize o_O

Quote:
At this point, if the player viewed comics 12-14 again, they would find that new clickable symbols, corresponding to the Qasalan hieroglyphs, had appeared in them. Clicking the symbols in the normal left-to-right order would yield another false prophecy:

The golden eye shines truth upon those who would do evil
Return to the Temple of 1,000 Tombs as with the first false prophecy, speak this prophecy to the statue of Nuria, and this time the player would be buried by a MOUNTAIN of scarabs!

I think anyone who did it right the first time may have missed that step. We should get more points for outsmarting the system.

Set by Cukupan
I *heart* R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:06 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Skynetmain wrote:

I think anyone who did it right the first time may have missed that step. We should get more points for outsmarting the system.

I actually clicked in the wrong sequence, but didn't get the prophecy... Wierd. Oh, well. I somehow really liked this plot, it just dragged on too long... :battar:

Edit: That didn't make much sense when I reread it :oops: What I meant was, that the first time I found the symbols, I clicked them in the "right-way" sequence, but didn't get the "fake prophecy", then I read them "backwards", and got the right prophecy ...

Post subject: The painted toenails
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:10 pm 

The info about the painted toenails should probably be added to the first page on the fourth crystal...unless it's not possible to do it anymore.

As for the end, I kind of felt like the final comic was missing a few pages. With what there, you can't even tell what's happening. Even if they were going to leave all those plot loose ends, they could have done a more convincing job on the final comic. Right now this seems even less complete than the "fake" ending. And it seeems they're deliberately leaving some things hanging. It's not like they accidently have nightseed unchanged, in a comic where they brush over so much else of importance, they actually spend a good part of the dialog discussing it.

So are they trying to tell us something?

Interesting that we used the spike, jelly and riddle traps, but not the walls, water or gas. Not that I wanted to do three more crystals though.

Interesting that we missed an umimportant clue with the toenails. Did we miss any important ones?

Post subject: Re: The painted toenails
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:13 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

acerimusdux wrote:
The info about the painted toenails should probably be added to the first page on the fourth crystal...unless it's not possible to do it anymore.

It's not possible. The repository is gone.

Nabile pwns you...

            ...At Lenny Connundrum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:15 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

These ugly toenails could save me a hell of a trip in the repository, ya know... :roll: Anubis Toxicology Reports is a pretty frustrating room, when thinking about it.

(poor chef... painting his toenails so nicely and no one of the thousands who used to visit him comes back to watch ^^)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next