Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:09 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: This Is Rediculious!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:49 am 

If this isn't proof that Neopets has it out for me, I don't know what is. There was a board in the HC (Help Chat) where someone was asking for some "gay male" friends. I had posted that it was disrespectful to those of us who are of an alternative lifestyle to be posting this and that it wasn't allowed on Neopets. Approx. 5 other people (some of which are friends of mine) posted saying the same things and continued the chat about how it wasn't allowed and such. Well, after awhile the board is deleted and I get suspended for "harassment" and the suspension is; get this. 120 hours.

Okay, first of all. I'm gay, why on EARTH would I harass someone else for being gay? Also, I neomailed EVERYONE from the board, including the creator, and NONE of them received warnings nor were suspended. Only me! What is up with that? This isn't the first time Neopets has done this same thing; claiming I harassed someone and suspended ONLY me from a board they deleted. It's really starting to upset me and I plan to call the Premium Tech Support numerous times until I get a correct explanation. I've given 6 years of my life, $140 for Premium Service and over $1,600 on Neopets Merchandise and they've done this to me constantly over the past 3-4 years.

I've never been so upset in my life o_x 120 Hours and I did nothing to break the rules. Ugh...I swear. Neopets is gonna get an earful even if I have to call them for hours at a time. I'm so tired of this happening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:59 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

6 years and you still don't know that the boards are the source of every trouble? And even if you like posting there, I don't think that posting in that topic was really necessary, especially when there's such a big danger of freezing there.

I guess they make mistakes. We can't give you the answer, can we? Just wait or call them, it depends on how much you want to fight them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:59 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Just be careful with what you say when you call them. xD
They might decide to frame you for harassment even more frequently.

glorious set by neko.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:06 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
I say this to everyone, but seriously. Do not go on the neoboards. It's quicker than self freezing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:32 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Thats ridiculous. Sometimes when you try to do 'good', the intention is not understood. It happens. Sometimes people who do 'bad' get away with it. It happens. Its life. Life is tough. Hugs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:48 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Christopher wrote:
I say this to everyone, but seriously. Do not go on the neoboards. It's quicker than self freezing.

Not necessarily. I've posted there a few times - I had two boards that got over 400 replies each about a month ago.

The Neoboards are safe - provided you stay away from any controversial topics. If there's one that looks like someone could get frozen, or that a fight will most likely break out, I just ignore it totally or read without posting. Seems to be working well for me so far.

Gone, forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:57 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

For people who like galleries, neohomes, lookups and whatnot the spotlight board is slow moving, has half way intelligent people, and is not that bad of a board all togeather. I post there often and have had no problems with any kind of flame, harrassment, or morons other than your random New Member asking for money in any board they like. But I must agree.... neoboards are dangerous. Be very careful what you say and do on them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:26 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

From what you say it sounds like they suspended you for talking about it, which is against their T&C. If they 'had it out for you' they would've done it without you so much as breathing a word. The 'harassment' reason is probably just a catchall. In order to try and straighten things out you were discussing the same subject yourself. You probably used a word or phrase the other people didn't, that got caught by a filter.

Anyhow, there is no point in trying to change someone's mind on the Neoboards, I mean, have you seen what sorts of lifeless jellyblob brainiacs hang out there and get into flamewars? :P Best you can do is report a board through the Premium forms, it will get taken care of by the staff without players getting suspended/frozen for what amounts to backseat modding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:30 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Meh, don't worry about it. I'm in the same boat with you on the gay thing, but I do think you shouldn't have posted there and continued there, only because (like hte others have said) it's just a place to get frozen for the littlest of things (much to the degree of this one)

just ignore the stuff and post here all day long ;)

Spells are my thing ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:46 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
Posting on the Neoboards is like playing Minesweeper--most of the time you can finish off safely, but sometimes the first thing you hit will get you frozen. It's not worth the risk; and if I want to talk about Neopets I can come here or join a guild.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:16 pm 

Yes, I realize I would have been better off not posting there but am I the only one who thinks it makes no sense that out of the board creator and the 6 other people who were posting along with me; I'm the ONLY PERSON suspended. The only one. No one else was warned, not even the board creator. Only me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:06 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Without seeing the board in question, which is obviously impossible, I don't think anyone can really pass judgement on how unusual that is. In general though I don't consider it that unusual, if you post on such a subject then you, like the other posters, run the risk of getting a warning/suspension/frozen account. Who gets the punishment is most likely determined by whose posts got the most reports and the moderators own discretion. I've seen many cases where an original poster is not suspended or perhaps only warned, while those who post telling off that OP are the ones that get the punishment.

However if it was just you that received a suspension then it probably means either you were the only one reported, or the moderator saw fit to ban only you, or tnt sat on their keyboards again. I doubt they would do so as part of some victimisation, like I say though without seeing the thread who can say? It is really just far safer not to post on a thread that clearly breaks the rules, you run the risk of either being punished for breaking the same rules or for back seat moderation.

Petpet Central

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:54 am 

Trick wrote:
Without seeing the board in question, which is obviously impossible, I don't think anyone can really pass judgement on how unusual that is. In general though I don't consider it that unusual, if you post on such a subject then you, like the other posters, run the risk of getting a warning/suspension/frozen account. Who gets the punishment is most likely determined by whose posts got the most reports and the moderators own discretion. I've seen many cases where an original poster is not suspended or perhaps only warned, while those who post telling off that OP are the ones that get the punishment.

However if it was just you that received a suspension then it probably means either you were the only one reported, or the moderator saw fit to ban only you, or tnt sat on their keyboards again. I doubt they would do so as part of some victimisation, like I say though without seeing the thread who can say? It is really just far safer not to post on a thread that clearly breaks the rules, you run the risk of either being punished for breaking the same rules or for back seat moderation.

Well, the fact that this and other things such as this (Wendy; ex-monitor, even told me there was a certain staffer who disliked me and it would be in my best interest to find another game to play or it would never stop; her exact words) have been happening for about 4 years. Neopets isn't a fair and loving as everyone seems to think ;D They do use AIM, they do talk to players, and they do give their friends special treatment. How do I know? I received special treatment for years from Wendy, Chris, Tina, and Rachel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:48 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

jtaker wrote:
Well, the fact that this and other things such as this (Wendy; ex-monitor, even told me there was a certain staffer who disliked me and it would be in my best interest to find another game to play or it would never stop; her exact words) have been happening for about 4 years. Neopets isn't a fair and loving as everyone seems to think ;D They do use AIM, they do talk to players, and they do give their friends special treatment. How do I know? I received special treatment for years from Wendy, Chris, Tina, and Rachel.

Now that's upsetting. It ticks me off to know that someone would go out of their way to get you in trouble for silly things because they don't like you. That's unprofessional, and I sincerely hope whomever is doing that gets fired (or at least spoken to) about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:05 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Moongewl wrote:
Posting on the Neoboards is like playing Minesweeper--most of the time you can finish off safely, but sometimes the first thing you hit will get you frozen. It's not worth the risk; and if I want to talk about Neopets I can come here or join a guild.

how... ive never heard of that metaphor before used for the neoboards.... now THATS a good one! Kudos for you... i like that one :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next