Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 8:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 543 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 37  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:49 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Malea looked at the boy that came into the room. She felt silly because she still didnt know his name. "we should all get some sleep then." she said. "its going to be a big day tomorow."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:21 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Mina listened as the others spoke. It was a brief meeting; they were only five minutes into it and had already pretty much decided what the plan for tomorrow was going to be. But what about the others? Mina looked around. One boy had just entered the room. Several people were still missing, though. Mina noticed that the other boy, the one who had spoken to her the day before just after the names for the squad had been announced, wasn't there. Neither was another boy and three other girls. This was a Squad meeting, and the entire Squad should have been there.

When Iaran announced the idea of using a boat to get around, Mina mentally agreed. She may be obnoxious, Mina thought, But at least she's not shallow. She glanced up at Iaran for a moment, and looking into her bright, excited face, she felt a split second of respect for the girl.

Karmina had her own opinions about the boat idea. Sure, it would be a fast way to travel. But what if things didn't work out the way they wanted them to? What if they got caught hijacking the boat? She shivered at the thought of what might happen if they did. Sure, Iaran was a good theif, but stealing a boat large enough to hold a dozen people was slightly different than stealing a bit of pocket money or a potion. Not only that, but if they ran into rapids along the way, they were in deep trouble. Looking at the map, Karmina noticed that the river wasn't marked for whether or not it was navigable. Even a few small cataracts could be murderous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:50 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Malea thought about the boat. There were many ways that it could be hijacked. Or, with some magic, it could be made. She would let the others decide on the plan for the boat, and she would follow along, helping when the others needed her. She touched the cover of the book, then looked at the map. There was something wierd about that book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:23 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

[...right. I guess Trainer is now open so other members can have a chance.]

[Long post ahead.]

It was only then when Elily realised some members weren't even there.

'Hey, a few of us aren't here yet. Should I go find them before we progress with the meeting?' Without actually waiting for a real answer, Elily jumped out of her bed, and headed to the door, smiling at Andy to greet him as he entered while she left. Her footsteps padded softly behind her as she disappeared down the corridor. Elily had gone off to find the remaining squad members.

Her cloak and her guns layed on the dresser, untouched.

Iaran looked up as Andy entered the room. She didn't really know his name, but she figured she would find out eventually. Anyhow, that didn't matter at the moment. She gestured at him to sit down.

'We're talking about means of getting to the mountains and possible ways to get a steady flow of money, which will be vital for our trip,' she said, filling him in on what was happening.

'We've got our route planned out now, and now we're trying to figure out how to get a boat. My suggestion is to steal one, but...what's your opinion on this matter?' Iaran asked.

Menai had been listening silently all along. What Iaran said about stealing a small ship certainly sounded very exciting, though risky. If they were caught, what would they do? Try to escape? But could they? The other voice in her brain reminded her that she was a squad member, and was no ordinary White Mage. The other members were chosen for a reason, too.

Dila stretched back on her bed, and yawned, bored. There was really nothing to do. She had spent the last half an hour lazing around on bed after dinner. Perhaps it was time to do another round of "collecting". Grabbing her two knives from her dresser, she secured them to her waist for easy access when she needed them, and exited the room, locking the door behind her. Dila walked along the corridor, noticing a figure disappearing around the corner. My, my, my, it couldn't be?

Excitement pounding into her heart, Dila quicken her pace, pleased with her new ability to walk silently, thanks to the Thief dressphere. She reached the corner, and peeked over. She saw a girl entering an elevator. It only took a moment for her sharp eyes to guess who it was. Elily.

Sure, she wasn't wearing her cloak as usual, but it didn't make her look any different. Wasting no time, Dila made haste to the elevator, and slipped in just before the doors closed. She smiled at Elily.

'Whew! Made it just in time!' she said, breathing heavily for added effect. Elily smiled in return. That fool certainly couldn't see through her disguise. But then, no one else could. Now was her chance.

The elevator travelled down.

6th floor...

Dila's hands moved to her knives. Elily was staring at the panel of buttons. Stupid girl.

5th floor...

Her fingers wrapped around the handles. Elily didn't suspect a thing.

4th floor...

Dila slowly moved her daggers up from her waist. The ignorant girl was in a trance-like series of thoughts.

3rd floor...

With a battle cry to raise her morale, she heaved up her right dagger, and flung it through the air, to Elily.

Elily was thinking. Thinking hard about the members. Iaran called them in their rooms, but where could they be? She seriously hoped that they were in the restaurant or lobby, and not out of the hotel. It would make searching for them a very tedious job if they strayed out. Her thoughts were rudely interrupted by a malicious cry, as a knife shot in the air, missing her head by an inch. Elily let out a gasp, but before she could recover from her shock, the other girl in the elevator used her remaining knife and aimed a stab in her direction. Elily threw herself to the end of the elevator, her hands frantically reaching for her guns when she realised she left them in her room. Stupid, stupid her.

The girl, by that time, had already retrieved her other dagger lodged in the elevator wall. She recklessly charged with both knives pointed, at Elily, who desperately dodged to the other end of the elevator. Elily slammed herself to the doors of the elevator, which at that time slid opened, as the elevator reached the lobby. She fell down, her back hitting the marble floor hard. A cry of pain was all she could do, as she had to roll away when the Thief girl forced her dagger down to Elily. It stuck to the ground just as Elily evaded the attack.

By the time Elily had got up on her feet, the insane girl was charging at her again, swishing her knives in the air, each strike only narrowly missing Elily. The girl seemed to be able to read every move Elily made. Each attempt to dodge was only barely successful.

The lobby was unfortunately empty. Not a single person was there to help. The receptionist at the counter was gone, of all times to be missing. Elily was beginning to panic. She knew she didn't have the stamina and energy to remain as swift as she was now. The thief girl was so quick, and she was so intent of killing Elily for some reason. Whatever had she done to her, that warranted such cruel assault? Elily had no time to think of other things, however, as she kicked against a pillar, and fell down to the ground, vulnerable. The girl bent down quickly, grasping the chance to kill the girl on the floor, one knife at Elily's neck, and the other at her heart.

[Here's a chance for any members who are not at the meeting yet, to come into the story. You don't have to appear at the scene if you don't wanna, because I have a backup planned up. Elily can save herself if all fails.]

- Sweet set made by GlimmerFae-
"I wanted to change the world, but I changed nothing. That is my story." - Auron, FF X.

Avatar removed, hotlinking problem.

Last edited by .:Glass Miracle:. on Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:54 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

((Sorry about the abscence. Last days have been busy. Also, now I am at my vacation destination, so I can't be on as much as I used to. See my signature. ;) ))

Merlin followed the girl to the river. She was pacing quickly. She looked around nervously, but she was still holding his arm. A snare of distrust shivered within his body.

Why was she so nervous?

'No..' he corrected himself, 'why was she looking around all the time.'

"How are you called," he finally asked, "I am Merlin."

"I," she said without looking, ".. we are there!"

They walked upon an open spot among the rivers edge. She suddenly released him and did a few steps away from the river. Then she turned towards him.

"I'm sorry." And she started to run away. He wanted to follow, but a cloaked person blocked his path. Distracted, Merlin raised his arms, in defense.

But then something hit him in the back.

Set by WIS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:17 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

[Hey it's alright. Ooh, suspense! Can't wait to see what happens to Merlin.]

Elily's life was literally in Dila's hands. It was a rather uncommon scene, to see a weaponless Gunner being pinned to the floor by a usually weak Thief. Held at knifepoint, Elily's heart pounded fast. If she didn't do something soon the crazy girl would probably end her life here and now. As the girl pulled her knife up, and quickly brought it down to her neck, Elily seized the dagger pointed to her heart and with the remains of her strength, pushed the girl as violently as she could, hoping fervently the girl would be shaken. That would buy her some time.

It worked a little. The girl stumbled a few feet away, dazed. Elily got up, her hands gripping tightly her sole weapon, the dagger. She was certainly not used to using weapons of this sort, but she had no choice.

I'm ready. Get me if you can!

"I wanted to change the world, but I changed nothing. That is my story." - Auron, FF X.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:48 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

((so, i guess its up to me to decide about the book??))

Malea was still in the room. She heard some bangs from the elevator, but thought nothing of it. She was gettin gtired, and decided to go back to her room soon. She couldnt take her eyes off the book. There was something not normal about it. She was afaraid to read it, even though she wanted to. She touched the cover, and it felt like human flesh. She jumped in shock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:05 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

[Yea, lol, mainly because I'm out of creative ideas to decide what the book should be like.]

It was a fierce duel, a Gunner and a Thief, each holding an identical dagger. Each had only one intention in mind: To kill the other, though the reason to kill each other varied. Elily merely wanted to defend herself, and at most, put an end to the girl's life. The girl however, seemed to have a different idea of what she wanted. That is to assasinate Elily at all costs. Elily was already wearing out, she was a poor handler of the knive anyway. Each strike she aimed did either little or no damage at all. Elily was already beginning to feel hopeless.

A clean strike at her arm while she was distracted knocked the dagger out of her grasp. Elily froze, as her eyes heavily followed the knife as it flew through the air, and landed on the floor several feet away.

She was so doomed.

As Elily dodged yet another attempted assault at her stomach, the knife that the girl was using struck her waistpouch. The pouch flap flew open, and something fell out. It hit the floor with a dull thud, and rolled about. Instinctively, Elily snatched at it. Hopping back a few feet, Elily saw that the girl had taken a moment's pause to rest. Elily turned her gaze back at the thing she was clutching. Of course! It was her Dark Knight dressphere!

Elily had never looked at the glowing sphere as if it was her lifesaver ever before. Now she was. Wasting no time, she thrusted it up high above her head, and closed her eyes, as the familiar light burst out of the glass ball and swirled around her body.

She underwent the exact same transformation as she went through in her room back in school, brief trip in the Underworld and all. Elily emerged from the ground holding the pride of a knight, a shining sword. The weight of it almost made her fall flat in her face, but for some reason, now, she was all hyped up and had seemingly boosted strength.

The next few moments was a whirl of terrible clashing of steel, as the two fought. With her increased defense, and desperation to boost her speed miraculously, Elily succeeded in dealing a good amount of damage. She wanted to continue, but her spirits were dampen as the girl changed her mind and fled, with her two daggers in her hands. Elily stared after the girl, not bothering to go after her, before collapsing of exhaustion in the empty lobby room, her sword landing with a heavy clang beside her.

[That post sucked badly, I know. Forgive me, but I'm having a little Writer's Block.]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 9:48 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

(( I'll help you on the book, Crow :) ))

Even though Andy had just entered the room, he had already sensed that the meeting was about to come up to a close. So soon? At a first glance, roughly half of the members were absent or still had't arrived at the room yet. Guess I'm not the last one to arrive, or else that would've been embarrassing... Andy saw that Elily smiled at him as she got up and went out of the room. The corners of his mouth instantly curled upwards.

Before Andy had said anything to the group, he noticed that there was a strange book lying at the corner of the bed. He froze in shock.

"Is that what I think it is?" Andy said with a slight exclamation embedded in his question. The whole room froze together with him.

Andy continued. "If I'm not mistaken, this book is part of the Necronomicon, the mythical book of the dead. The cover and paper is believed to be created out of human flesh and the ink used is actually blood. It posses a significant amount of evil energy. It also has the power to corrupt the souls of those who manage to recite the spells in the book.

"They say that this book originated from the underworld. I don't know how the book managed to end up here, but I hope somebody quickly gets rid of it soon!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:47 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

[I'm going to have to create a few more characters real soon, as essential plot helpers, at most three characters. Be prepared, lol.]

Dila ran out of the lobby, bursting into the cool night air that lingered in the town. She was gasping for breathe, and had very low hitpoints left. She knew she needed to heal, and quickly. Dila ran into the dark alley next to the hotel, and forced herself to lean against the wall, her fingers shaking badly as she fumbled around in her waistpouch, rummaging all the items she had accumulated that day. Her fingers wrapped around a slender vial. Heaving a sigh of relief, she unscrewed the lid, and brought the bottle up to her lips. Gulping the potion down, Dila sighed, mostly in relief, and sank down to her knees.

She looked at her arm. It needed healing badly. Dila cursed under her breath. How was she to know Elily was also a Dark Knight? A Dark Knight's sword was certainly not to be taken lightly. Dila winced a little at the throbbing pain. She was also a fool, to resume fighting even after Elily transformed. Making a mental note to flee the moment Elily flashed that damned sword at her next time, Dila made her way to the town's only clinic.

The clinic's waiting room was empty. She dropped a note with the nurse at the counter, and gingerly sat down on one of the not-so-comfortable seats. When the nurse called her to enter the doctor's room, Dila quickly got up and entered the room.

The healing process was rather simple, and fuss-free. The White Mage took one look at her wound, raised her staff, and in an instant, the wound healed magically. Dila exited the room as quickly as she entered, paid at the counter, and hastily left the clinic. She wanted to go back to her room, and sleep. She had no mood to go stealing tonight. Maybe tomorrow. Right now, she just wanted some rest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:48 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Location: Well, if the little icon says I'm online, than I'm probably hunched over in front of the 'puter...
[OOC - I'm willing to join as a trainer if you'll have me, just gotta finish the char idea in my head... prolly post 2nite]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:16 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

((GAH....I'm so lazzy))

Aki wanted badly to jump on the matress and see if it realy was like sleeping on air as the marque had said. Ariving at the conclusion the he should leave that for when he realy was sleepy, he contented himself with reading a chapter of his book (which was getting harder to put down by the minute).
In this chapter the hero was supposed to befriend a malgari-monster to get his food and map back...but Malgari-monsters are near imposible to talk to, let alone befriend one!

(( Short crappy post ><. sawwy))

Looks like I'm back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:18 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Merlin slumped forward by the blow. A piercing pain throbbed through his left shoulders. Blood spurted out.

He raised his hands, crouching slightly and looking around. The girl was screaming. Hesitantly, she ran forward, but stopped again.

Merlin heard a whizzing sound, anouncing the arrival of another arrow. In a swift last-minute pace, he side-stepped and only his garment got snatched by it.

'I have been lucky..' He thought. At that moment, he began to feel dizzy.

Poisoned arrow?

His legs felt wobby.

The air got darker. And suddenly the ground was there.

A man in a dark cloak stepped out of the dark forest nearby the river.

Then there was darkness.

Set by WIS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:55 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

((wiggle my way back into the main streem of things))

Aki was jerked out of his reading spell by wispred vioces in the room mext to his. If his rembered correclty it was Elily's room. Unable to surpress his curriostity, even with the the thought of Dinner.
Closing his book (which turned out to be much more difficult than he thought), Aki stepped out into the hall and was imedialty greated with a smell.

A Horrible smell.

One that was also strangly familar, like an acquaintance you were never particlarly found of sudenly apearing on your doorstep.

It was a smell that made Aki shiver, and might as well have been a neon sign pointing to Elily's room.

Expecting to have some monster leap out at him from the door, Aki crept closer....Opened the door and was quite suprized to see only a book.

And even more suprised to find that the book, was the cause of the smell.

Unable to find any word to say, Aki settled for the simple,
"It smells in here"

((AMN overwrite :x random Idea I had. and it may or may not fly, but oh well))

Looks like I'm back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:19 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Malea looked up at Andy. "evil eh?" She said, with a possesed look in her eye. She looked over at the book. Just then, Aki walked into the room. "it doesnt smell in here, at least, i dont smell anything." She said to him, quite confused.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 543 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 37  Next