Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:34 pm 

What are the black and white circles you're talking about that are like Time Tunnel? I'm looking at my new empty Mysterious Tablet. 16 empty spaces. Below are six scratchy looking runes each with the number 10 below them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:36 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I just clicked on the runes and placed them on the tablet, as I placed one the numbers below the runes decreased.

I filled my whole tablet with clicking on the runes at the bottom, when my tablet was filled I got

Attempt Translation.

I clicked that then saw 16 sold black dots at the top of my tablet..

so looks like we have to place the runes in the tablet in a specific order to be able to translate it

SS:)

Post subject:
PPT Student
PPT Student

Ok, I filled all the gaps (randomly - probably not very clever!) but I still see no black or white dots, where are they?

Post subject:
PPT God
PPT God

In case we are posting for patterns or stats: I have 8 different rune symbols, 6 of each it seems. I can foresee this part probably will be the hardest puzzle somehow (I hope). Touchee TNT!

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:37 pm 

ssandgirls wrote:
so looks like we have to place the runes in the tablet in a specific order to be able to translate it

That is absolutely correct.

IanB wrote:
Ok, I filled all the gaps (randomly - probably not very clever!) but I still see no black or white dots, where are they?

Click "Attempt translation" at the bottom of the screen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:39 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Click on the small rune pieces underneath your tablet, then click where you want that piece placed. When you've filled in all 16 spaces, click the "Attempt Translation" button. You'll get a series of black and/or white dots above your tablet.

The number of dots seems to be the number of symbols you have correctly inserted into the tablet. Black seems to mean you have a correct symbol, but in the incorrect spot. A white dot seems to mean you've got the right symbol in the right spot. Just like someone said - like the Time Tunnel puzzle, only much bigger.

It looks like everyone starts with a different number of different symbols, and a different number of those symbols. I have six each of ten runes.

Neouser = ryokomusouka

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:41 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Location: MB, Canada State: Solid               State: Denial           State: Gekko
Quote:
The fortune teller smiles at you. "Very clever! You've translated the tablet into Qasalan. But what now? What does it mean?" She ponders the translated tablet curiously.

The white dots mean right piece right place.
The black dots mean right piece wrong place.

D&D Encounters - Forum Text Adventure!
The Werewiki - Werewiki Forums
@DylPage - @Werewiki

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:44 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

ok, so this must relate back to our original tablet.

My 8 runes are therefore representing the 8 symbols I have on my original tablet.

My original tablet has 4 blanks, and some symbols used twice, ,Im assuming that since my new runes are only 8 that some will need to be used twice like in my original tablet and that the new KIL for example corresponds to Say BEN or something else.... hmmmm,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:45 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Well, with some fiddling around I managed to turn all the dots above the tablet white (a la Time Tunnel), but I'm not noticing anything else happening. Maybe the numbered leftover pieces at the bottom mean something...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:46 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Ok, I understand the theory on how to do this but not what's happening! I filled the tablet randomly (Yes that was daft!). I now have 4 white 5 black. I then tried changing the 1st symbol - I went through all 7 shapes that I had but the number of white/black dots never changed. What does that mean?

Ok Ok it means I'm having a bad day and need to do this think properly!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:49 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Dyl wrote:
Quote:
The fortune teller smiles at you. "Very clever! You've translated the tablet into Qasalan. But what now? What does it mean?" She ponders the translated tablet curiously.

The white dots mean right piece right place.
The black dots mean right piece wrong place.

Yup. Thats what I got too. So more waiting now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:52 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Dyl wrote:
Quote:

She sounds very patraonising doesn't she? "Well done! Now what colour is the sky?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:52 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Done!

"The fortune teller smiles at you. "Very clever! You've translated the tablet into Qasalan. But what now? What does it mean?" She ponders the translated tablet curiously."

I pwn at Yime tunnel ^w^

Need a premium invite? PM me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:53 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

OK I only have 12 dots at all at the top. Does that mean that 4 symbols are incorrect? I have 9 white, 3 black.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:53 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Location: It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.
Here's a tip:

Start by filling the top two rows of your tablet with the first symbol. Then fill the last two rows with one different symbol, so that the whole tablet is half and half. Translate and record your results.
Leave the top half as the first symbol, and change the bottom half to the next symbol. Go through all the symbols like that, leaving the top half the same.
Compare the results. There's going to be a minimum number of reaccuring black pips, and a minimum number of reacurring white pips in each set. That will be your first symbol. Subtract that number of pips from the total number of pips for each translation, and that should be your remaining symbols. Should equal 16, although they'll be a mix of B&W symbols.

Damn I have to go to school, but I'll be back on later. I can help with the codebreakers/mastermind strategy for people who are weak at it, I PWN at that game. (gold codebreakers trophy... yes!) Look for me back on in about 5 hours.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next