Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 8:51 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:38 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Trick - lets say that someone bought this faerie pb plushie for a faerie pb's price. now THAT is some huge irresponsibility they should pay for. Do you think i've never saw these overpriced trades? do you think i was never excited to see such a "great" deal? it happened lots of times. The slight difference is that I check prices before i buy, thus i don't fall for those tricks.

If a pickpocket stole 100$ from your bag, thats illegal. If someone sold Bananas for 100$ when next to him there's a sign that says "RECOMMENDED PRICES - Bananas = 2$" (aka shop wizard), you'll probably think "omg, that man lives in a dream", wouldn't you?

About little children: its really great that TNT cares so much about these little kids not being disappointed after doing mistakes. But don't you think that all those luck games contradict this policy a little bit? (yeah, kids who waste all of their money on slots games and scratchcards.. what a wonderful education).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:49 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

lucifer wrote:
But don't you think that all those luck games contradict this policy a little bit? (yeah, kids who waste all of their money on slots games and scratchcards.. what a wonderful education).

Not really, they learn gambling is not a safe way to make money and also learn the value of money *shrug*

The fact is overpriced trades are against the rules because they are there to trick people too fast for them to realise. And there are times when people can't check the shop wiz (on a quest) and see a "bargain", and there are people who are fooled into thinking it is an item they don't need to price check. If the faerie pb plushie had no price and someone paid the value of a real faerie pb that wouldn't be illegal, the seller didn't conspire to trick people into paying that. But when you intentionally mislead people, either through pretending it is a different item, covering an image with another or falsely inflating prices by buying them up... that is illegal and unfair play. Few people except those who like cheating people would disagree with that rule.

Petpet Central

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:04 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Erin wrote:
And if we're getting technical, Premium users pay for webmail and the portal, not neopoints. The np is a gift.

Errr. No.

Quote:
From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 [gcide]:

Gift \Gift\, n. [OE. gift, yift, yeft, AS. gift, fr. gifan to
give; akin to D. & G. gift, Icel. gift, gipt, Goth. gifts (in
comp.). See {Give}, v. t.]
1. Anything given; anything voluntarily transferred by one
person to another without compensation; a present; an
offering.
[1913 Webster]

You become premium user. You become NP. That is not a gift that is a one-time reward for becoming premium user. If it is a gift, then please give me the gift as well. Won't happen, unless [...].

To the GP who thinks this is a major issue. Its a game. GAME. Not life. Even if it were life, thats not always fair either nor are the rules in it. Live with it and whenever you feel being threated unfairly i suggest you learn from it. I played MTG and spend countless of time and money on it until i had a debt and a problem at school. You maybe heard stories about people playing RPGs all their life as well. Don't make a similar mistake.

ahoteinrun wrote:
They age I assume as we age, so the oldest I do believe a Neopet could be would be 7, and I don't think many parents would want their seven year old canoodleing with another kid that age or younger.

Why do you "assume as we do"? A kadoatie seems like a cat and a cat (or dog) doesn't get old. In order to get more cats or dogs magic things happen. Its typical American to care about such things, while all kind of violence (on Neopets, yes) is accepted to not hurt kids. I find it hilarious, laugh at it, but i hardly express the hypocracy and i am not saying it should be vice versa or sth. Then again a kadoatie isn't a cat, so you may indeed be right. The answer lies open for interpration.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3