Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 10:18 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:36 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Used the 4th crystal to blow a hole in the side wall of the Map Room, got the mysterious scroll, spoke with the Fortune Teller.

I was thinking that it might be like what we had to do to complete the Mysterious Scroll, that mad scavenger hunt between the Games Room and the Temple of 1,000 Tombs.

PS -- it *just* happened, I went through 18 rooms looking for the jelly trap and found the puzzle trap (with the hieroglyphics) 3 times along the way. I decided to do it the hard way, and just went through the Temple map I had made, doing all of the traps in the first room and then moving on to the second. But I do Group Theory problems the same dumb way, alas, and never see the elegant 3-step solutions. Good thing I don't do that stuff for a living!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:42 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

sharkexpert wrote:
zalensia wrote:
I am not going to bother going into my other colour and shaped doors, but so far from the entrance clue, which was a red rectangle door I have:

Red Rectangle Cup = Sand Trap
Red Rectangle Duck/Bird = Jelly trap
Red Rectangle Trident = walls moving trap
Red Rectangle Ears = Statue room for me
Red Rectangle Waves = Getting gassed and still taking a NAP!!!

So mine, so far, all have different things behind them.
at least you found those traps just in case you need them in the future ;)

Very true, and I will need the jelly one soon enough :) I know where to find all the traps in the tombs now, except the spike one... I am sure I will get there soon enough though and at least I still have something to do at the moment. TRYING to look on the bright side lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:50 am 

Azzie wrote:
manatemuse wrote:
Jaya wrote:
Okay, so, have found three white scrolls, but my fourth scroll is another white kar. Now, when I was looking for scrolls for the previous crystal, I had two green kars which had the same scrolls for mixing.

Does the same thing apply with the three scrolls here? Or will it be in another order?

Thanks.

short answer is I think you will use another order. but it will point you to the same white scroll.

I had two suns back to back.. the second one gave location after 1 scroll read

I had 2 green Kars in the middle, after i had done the sequence for the first one and had gotten the white scroll location, i thought the sequence would be the same but i got the clue when i was at the R scroll .The sequence was actually YRB, BYR..and since the last coloured scroll i had read was Blue, when i went back to the sequence i didn't have to read 3 scrolls but only 2...whic was great since the blue one was in the anubis toxicology report.

on another note...whoo hoo, got the darn puzzle room in time for my next light which in 40 mins time

ARGH!! i think i stuffed up big time BOO T_T I have 2 cups one after the other, however i read the white scroll twice by accident and i have tried to start again but ive gone through all 3 symbol sequences and nothing is giving me a new white scroll location.

How do i reset my repository? Can it be done? Will exiting the repository work?

ARGH!! erPurity is currently PULLING HER HAIR OUT T_T

http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/958/ears4ez.gif

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:50 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Hey, I just want to apologize for not posting what I had found sooner. Back a number of threads ago I was the first person to find a "room message", and I posted that I'd explain soon--the problem was that no one else could find the message using my method. 6 other people tried, and it worked for none of them. So we concentrated on trying to figure it out before, obviously, we could say how to get it.

That took, beyond all our expectations, over a day, and many wrong theories, hundreds and hundreds of scrolls read, and lots of clicking. During that whole time, I was also trying to figure out what to do with my clue--not made any easier by the fact that I had Anubis Toxicology Reports, and was therefore looking through 2000 scrolls to find one, when I didn't even know what that one was.

At some insane hour of the morning, (read: past 3) we finally figured out what to do, with a lucky guess. We all rushed to complete it--"rush" being a misnomer, because it took several hours and multiple trips through Anubis Tox, lots of running basement to 4th floor, and even some mistakes in using the wrong card catalog (oops).

After everyone had finally finished up and we'd figured out an understandable way to describe it, the explanation was posted (not by me, that was past 7 AM). So again, I apologize for not posting how earlier, but figuring out what to post took a lot longer than expected. :)

Nabile pwns you...

            ...At Lenny Connundrum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:55 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

THANKS, dolphinling, for lighting the way!!!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:56 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Almost an hour ago I blew up that room and got the scroll (yay!) I was, however, disappointed to see that the room mysteriously no longer had a missing wall when I reentered. grr.

And of course, most disappointingly, you cannot blow it up again, because you no longer have the crystal. *sigh*

Don't worry guys, you'll find spike traps soon! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:04 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

dolphinling wrote:
Hey, I just want to apologize for not posting what I had found sooner.

No worries, Dolphinling. You had no idea HOW you got it. It was posted immediately after the big theory worked for two other people.

I still feel bad that I posted that reading your faerie door scroll got my light to shine (It was SO not true but had worked for me!). Now, I confirm everything before posting ...... to save everybody I can the anguish!

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:22 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Yes! I am still looking for my spike traps... Maybe there is only one in the whole tombs? I am sooooooo sick of looking now :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:29 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

PPT + LDP = Lots of Fun!

I just wanted to explain why many of us have not been able to post as much lately on the boards. A group of dedicated puzzle solvers were just trying to figure out where to go with the plot. I don't think any of us working on the plot in chat consider ourselves elite by any stretch of the imagination. We just couldn't continue to field all the questions from everyone and still make progress. I'm very glad that others in the PPT community were able to pick up the slack here and continue helping others with questions. Everyone in the PPT community should be applauded.

The reason a large majority of our discussion was moved from the boards to chat, was because it was just that much easier to concentrate. A chat room is more conducive to a real discussion of ideas than a message board. I am sorry if anyone feels "left out" and/or are upset at us ... but that is what we did. I personally found it much easier to discuss with the others in this "real time" format, instead of scrolling through many posts trying to figure out what we should try next, and who was trying it, etc.

We went through *many* different theories in our chat. Yes, we did have someone getting the room messages (like IanB was getting) in chat ... but no, we could not figure out a way that could make the messages appear for all of us. That was a big sticking point for us. We were all madly clicking through many permutations of ideas.

I appreciate the efforts of everyone here who took the time to help others along in the plot as we all struggled forward. I know I have not been as "verbose" as I was earlier on, but I chose to spend my time trying to move us forward. I think I have done my share of answering questions along the way ...

So, I am sorry that I haven't been able to help as many people lately with things, but as I said, I chose to focus on figuring out new content rather than catching people up. If anyone wants to hate me for that, it is your perogative.

I've enjoyed this plot very much. Much of this enjoyment has come from PPT. Thanks for turning the LDP into a fantastic time for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:44 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Location: The mindset of one who is compelled to make choices that he knows he will regret
I know this has probably been addressed somewhere, but would someone be kind and tell me whether I must go back to the card catalog after reading my first set of scrolls (in my case yellow) or if I can just go straight to the next colour (blue)?

Thanks a bunch :hug:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:48 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Archimedes wrote:
I know this has probably been addressed somewhere, but would someone be kind and tell me whether I must go back to the card catalog after reading my first set of scrolls (in my case yellow) or if I can just go straight to the next colour (blue)?

Thanks a bunch :hug:

If you've printed out your card catalog, you don't need to go back to it. You'll only need to go back when you get your next crystal, because it will change at that point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:54 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Location: The mindset of one who is compelled to make choices that he knows he will regret
Excellent. Thanks again.

Edit: Sorry, another question: If I accidentally read the wrong scroll, do I have to start again? I haven't done this yet but I'm terrified of the possibility.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:58 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

erPurity wrote:
Azzie wrote:
manatemuse wrote:
Jaya wrote:
Okay, so, have found three white scrolls, but my fourth scroll is another white kar. Now, when I was looking for scrolls for the previous crystal, I had two green kars which had the same scrolls for mixing.

Does the same thing apply with the three scrolls here? Or will it be in another order?

Thanks.

short answer is I think you will use another order. but it will point you to the same white scroll.

I had two suns back to back.. the second one gave location after 1 scroll read

I had 2 green Kars in the middle, after i had done the sequence for the first one and had gotten the white scroll location, i thought the sequence would be the same but i got the clue when i was at the R scroll .The sequence was actually YRB, BYR..and since the last coloured scroll i had read was Blue, when i went back to the sequence i didn't have to read 3 scrolls but only 2...whic was great since the blue one was in the anubis toxicology report.

on another note...whoo hoo, got the darn puzzle room in time for my next light which in 40 mins time

ARGH!! i think i stuffed up big time BOO T_T I have 2 cups one after the other, however i read the white scroll twice by accident and i have tried to start again but ive gone through all 3 symbol sequences and nothing is giving me a new white scroll location.

How do i reset my repository? Can it be done? Will exiting the repository work?

ARGH!! erPurity is currently PULLING HER HAIR OUT T_T

maybe you could try exiting the repository..you did use different sequences for the symbols right, like if you used RYB, then don't use it but use a different one like BYR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:00 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

XenaAndGabrielle, you have helped a lot out along the way. I also jump into the chatrooms a lot because it is a lot easier to help or get help and a lot easier to figure out what people have done and are doing. Real time will always be easier than forums.

I don't think people have a right to be upset with anyone... I don't really think they are or mean to be either, I think people are just starting to get very frustrated with the plot now, as it is being dragged out for so long and a lot of back n forth stuff to do :(

Oh and Yes, still stuck looking for dumb spikes... I don't think I have one lolol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:07 pm 

On the 3rd crystal, would you have to read all the scrolls in order, or once you've read one set (the 4 colors) you can go to another?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next