Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 10:20 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:55 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Cilian wrote:
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:18 pm Post subject: Lost Desert Plot Thread #1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post about the plot here.

So far, the first comic has been put out as well as this fortune teller.

Discuss.

Ah Memories...

Wow. I don't even think school had started for me that long ago. So it has been over two months since we started. Who back then figured we'd be where we are today?

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:02 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Who would have thought after 2 months any of us would care enough to drive ourselves and each other insane with this thing!

We still have to find out what to do with our scrolls, I'm having a hard time with the idea that this can all be tied up in the next week. But with the darkest faerie being highlighted now, I think it'll have to be soon.

And the lovely LDP lookup I made and entered the lookup of the week the very first week was never chosen :(

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:02 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

the_dog_god wrote:
So, any bets on when the final plot will be released in the story ?? I'm saying Wednesday.

I think Monday morning lol and I think I will still be looking for spike traps then *sigh* :cry:

Quote:
The door slams shut behind you and the walls begin to move toward you! It's going to take all your strength to hold them off until the mechanism is disabled...

Ok think I have found every trap going 20 times over now!!!

EDIT: with the exception of the spike one!!! lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:04 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Azzie wrote:
neomania wrote:
i am just curious. How did we figure out we needed split up secondary colors into primatry and to read the tablet in reverse and then go by catalog order? was it trial and error?

I think it was trial and error by some extremely harworking people.

I have 3 more tries at getting the puzzle trap before my light comes on..

Actually, we knew that dolphinling had stumbled onto a room message and had been testing things out and studying what he had done. We had narrowed it down to a sequence of two scrolls to obtain the message, but were unable to duplicate it with anyone else. We studied doubles for a while, with not much luck. Once someone else stumbled across it and we were able to study their data, it became clear (if you had knowledge of primary and secondary colors it was a little easier to see,) that a sequence of the two primaries led to a room clue for the secondary. The tablet order was devised from the fact that both those stumbling across the message received the message with the last symbol on their list. But, yes - lots and lots of trial and error... and theorizing and testing... and a sleepless night or two...

Your group of hardworking people, by the way: dolphinling, plagatus, Cranberry, jojoneo, stampsyne, myself, Elric, Kess, and X&G.... (if I left anyone out, my apologies, I still suffer from a bit of repo-madness.)

So, forgive us if we aren't posting so much right now. We're a little burnt. One other thing, when you click and click and click in the repo and want to give up because it seems like too much to do - just think of how many clicks it took to figure out the entire series in the first place and you'll realize how easy you have it! ;)

Solving the Master Vex avatar! Please share your screenshot. Punchbag Sid Tracking Thread

Last edited by supRNurs on Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:13 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I'm STILL trying to find a spike trap. I'm so far behind... :cry:

Image Yeah, Ledi needs a new sig...
DeviantART! http://ledicat.deviantart.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:19 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

3 minutes before the end of my light time, I was allowed into the temple and on my 15th try for trap found the riddle.

Since I was already near the model of Sakhmet I was able to place the crystal into the light.

whoa!

Once again thanks to the wonderful minds here.

I can surely use a couple of days of break from the Plot if it is possible. I've got a life to reconquer and projects staying on the shelves but boy even though there were some boring part, is this exciting?

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, xxxholic, Full Metal Alchemist, Fruit Baskets, Ergo Proxy, now what is next ? hints wanted from knowledgeable anime fan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:27 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Ledi wrote:

Don't feel bad, there are a few of us STILL searching for the spike traps :) Me included. We will find it soon and then because we have searched about we will find the other traps easy because if you write down where they are you can get them all straight away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:35 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

zalensia wrote:
Ledi wrote:

Don't feel bad, there are a few of us STILL searching for the spike traps :) Me included. We will find it soon and then because we have searched about we will find the other traps easy because if you write down where they are you can get them all straight away.

Yup. I know where to find a blob and a riddle quite easily. It's just the spikes.

Image Yeah, Ledi needs a new sig...
DeviantART! http://ledicat.deviantart.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:44 am 

I was lucky. For some reason, when i was narrowing down which of the green, triangle-shaped doors was my faerie door, i made note of what kinds of traps were behind the dud-doors. Finding trap types has been very easy for me.
plus, huzzah, i'm all caught up! finally! i was worried i wouldnt catch up before the end of all things, as it were. We're approaching the last bit of the flash plot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:48 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

supRNurs wrote:
Azzie wrote:
neomania wrote:
i am just curious. How did we figure out we needed split up secondary colors into primatry and to read the tablet in reverse and then go by catalog order? was it trial and error?

Actually, we knew that dolphinling had stumbled onto a room message and had been testing things out and studying what he had done. We had narrowed it down to a sequence of two scrolls to obtain the message, but were unable to duplicate it with anyone else. We studied doubles for a while, with not much luck. Once someone else stumbled across it and we were able to study their data, it became clear (if you had knowledge of primary and secondary colors it was a little easier to see,) that a sequence of the two primaries led to a room clue for the secondary. The tablet order was devised from the fact that both those stumbling across the message received the message with the last symbol on their list. But, yes - lots and lots of trial and error... and theorizing and testing... and a sleepless night or two...

Your group of hardworking people, by the way: dolphinling, plagatus, Cranberry, jojoneo, stampsyne, myself, Elric, Kess, and X&G.... (if I left anyone out, my apologies, I still suffer from a bit of repo-madness.)
And of course, the madman who devised our little trip into insanity, dirtside.

So, forgive us if we aren't posting so much right now. We're a little burnt. One other thing, when you click and click and click in the repo and want to give up because it seems like too much to do - just think of how many clicks it took to figure out the entire series in the first place and you'll realize how easy you have it! ;)

I read what you said and then I actually wandered off for a few minutes and thought about it. While I in no way want to diminish the efforts of you and those you mentioned, I actually got a little offended. It kind of implies that your group is made up of the hardworking people on this plot. There are certainly others working really hard. Kind of consider it a second tier if you want. Like the moderators, here through over 100 threads, and really everybody who takes the time to try to help people out with their plot problems. I think there are alot of people both working hard on the plot and on helping the community of players who come to the board for assistance. Again, I don't want to take anything away from that group, they're amazing, but let's not neglect all the others too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:53 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

supRNurs wrote:
Azzie wrote:
neomania wrote:

Sometimes life calls more than the plot.. I'm greatly thankful for all the effort you all have put in :)

I sure hope there's more later to work on.. but it's getting pretty busy lately for me :S.. I have a logbook and report to complete in 2 weeks time!

I'm just wondering.. are all of you taking a break or is there another chat room/something you all are doing this together? I recall the MI plot's chat was much more prosperous than what it is now (i.e 1 user for now :lol: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:15 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

supRNurs wrote:
Azzie wrote:
neomania wrote:

And of course the other person who found that message first was myself, and I was the one who provided all his data and now I'm the one stuck in that phase after 28 temple doors without a riddle room. "Am I bitter?" well let me think for a minute.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:21 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Who really care who discovered what first? The real point is that everyone shared the information when it was confirmed. Just feel glad that once everything was out there, we all had access to it. This plot and forum is about working together. Thank you everyone that discovered every part of the plot. Everyone who has ever posted on this topic thanks you too.

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:22 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

IanB wrote:
And of course the other person who found that message first was myself, and I was the one who provided all his data and now I'm the one stuck in that phase after 28 temple doors without a riddle room. "Am I bitter?" well let me think for a minute.....

I know it really sucks when that happens, but you could look at it like all the others who helped you to get to where you found the message, so really it all evens it's self out :) and you will get their before the end of the plot :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:25 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Hey, let's all just be thankful we're getting PPTer help, not neoboard help *cringe*!!!

Finally found my puzzle trap, 2 minutes after my light had gone. Blast those chocolate chip cookies I just had to go and bake! :P Once I get my light and am fully caught up, I'm guessing there isn't anything intense to do...rather thinking they're giving everyone the weekend to catch up before progressing. Still, can't hurt to look for some clues in case we can just end this misery now LOL!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next