Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:23 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Heimdell wrote:
I would be, and AM gladly testing my own theories. However there are times when you need help with theories. Times when you can't remeber something and need to ask a group of folks to help. Such as;

1. Was there always a hole in Coltzans Shrine?
2. Does anyone have a list of all the weapons or armor that was sold in Battle Supplies?

I really don't think naming posts is necessary.

1. Yes, there has always been a hole there. It's from the stolen crown plot.

2. I don't personally, but you could try neoitems.net, you can search by item type there.

I've definately seen both of those questions answered before, however.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:36 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Heimdell wrote:
I would be, and AM gladly testing my own theories. However there are times when you need help with theories. Times when you can't remeber something and need to ask a group of folks to help. Such as;

2. Does anyone have a list of all the weapons or armor that was sold in Battle Supplies?

Those are the type of questions it might be nice to have answered instead of ignored. I am just using mine as an example, but I have seen questions like this seem passed over time and time again. Instead, I see post after post on extremely off tangent things by the same members. These members also congratulate themselves over and over on these wierd tangents AND say that everyone elses ideas are inane. If you want examples let me know I can give you the post numbers...

Like Jas, I have been here since the first post and have seen ideas, theories and questions come up over and over again. Sometimes a question or theory will get a brief response and not much attention. The same question or theory may come up a few weeks later and become the focus of attention. I could make a page long list of the ones that have been focused on and fizzled out - left unanswered. I'm sure there are many more that were not given much attention and weren't answered simply because the answer is unknown.
I can't speak for the others, but I wouldn't intentionally ignore a question and have been known to pull questions from a previous split to answer them if I saw that noone else did. There may be some that have been missed, but it is probably unintentional. If you see one you think has been ignored, just repeat it or call attention to it in a post of your own, if you don't know the answer. We are all here to help each other out and most of us are hoping for new ideas and theories... but we are also a little plot weary due to the long "time outs" TNT insists on giving us, and might be suffering a little burnout - so please cut us a little slack. ;)*twitch*
To answer your questions:
1. Yes, it is from a previous plot.
2. If you mean Desert Weapons, the items are:
Cobrall Dagger
Sandstone Boots
Pyramid Dagger
Engraved Short Sword
Sand Blade
Curved Golden Staff
Ruby Encrusted Sceptre
Lost Desert Wrist Plate
Wand of the Moon
Winged Scarab
Hand Painted Scimitar
Lost Desert Dagger
Desert Arrow Launcher
Hand Painted Scarab
Good Luck Ankh
Ancient Scimitar
Pottery Shard Dagger
Bag of Sand
Scarab Stone Slingshot
Super Sand Grain
Lost Desert Dual Ankh
Golden Coltzan Statue
Dehydration Potion
Pyramid Mace
Scarab Medallion
Scarab Ring
You can find more information on neoitems.net

Edit: Already answered whilst I was gathering an item list. :)

Solving the Master Vex avatar! Please share your screenshot. Punchbag Sid Tracking Thread

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:12 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

supRNurs wrote:
Heimdell wrote:

Those are the type of questions it might be nice to have answered instead of ignored. I am just using mine as an example, but I have seen questions like this seem passed over time and time again. Instead, I see post after post on extremely off tangent things by the same members. These members also congratulate themselves over and over on these wierd tangents AND say that everyone elses ideas are inane. If you want examples let me know I can give you the post numbers...

Like Jas, I have been here since the first post and have seen ideas, theories and questions come up over and over again. Sometimes a question or theory will get a brief response and not much attention. The same question or theory may come up a few weeks later and become the focus of attention. I could make a page long list of the ones that have been focused on and fizzled out - left unanswered. I'm sure there are many more that were not given much attention and weren't answered simply because the answer is unknown.

I can't speak for the others, but I wouldn't intentionally ignore a question and have been known to pull questions from a previous split to answer them if I saw that noone else did. There may be some that have been missed, but it is probably unintentional. If you see one you think has been ignored, just repeat it or call attention to it in a post of your own, if you don't know the answer. We are all here to help each other out and most of us are hoping for new ideas and theories... but we are also a little plot weary due to the long "time outs" TNT insists on giving us, and might be suffering a little burnout - so please cut us a little slack. ;)*twitch*

Yeah, I have to say more often than not an extra nudge will get a response. Sometimes things simply get missed. But to lambaste us all as "flirting teens" is just plain rude and unnecessary (and inaccurate for at least some of us who haven't been teens for years ;) ).

More often than not, I know there are people who are better able to point folks where they need to go than I am. So I leave responses to them. I'm good at hypothesizing (though many people beat me to it) and in some cases testing hypotheses out (if it doesn't get overcome by my impatience ;) ).

In the end, I think one needs to remember that you get more flies with honey [than with a flyswatter], and maybe to take things in the best possible intent (especially if we're strung out by the plot lulls, like now).

--------------------

In retrospect, folks, I've been thinking this pause with nothing apparent going on in the LDP may have been TNT giving us ample time to map the scrolls. Maybe. Perhaps.

Of course since I mapped mine, this is obviously NOT true. :P

--------

And that hovering four dimensional pyramid is /obviously/ a cloaked Gou'auld Ha'tak in Hyperspace. ;) :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:05 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Ohayo y'all!

I was going through the TCG lists for all expansions for reasons not related to the plot but discovered something that my play into the 'where's Megan?' discussion. Not counting the premire set, there have been cards leading up to the Darkest Faerie expansion. If Megan is a Darkest Faerie character, she is the only Hero that has been released before that set. Every other type of card has been released.

Getting back to the plot. I concede that we have yet to see Megan, and that she may very well be in this plot. Yet, another thing came up. There are some Heros that weren't featured in the related plot. She could have just been an extra Hero to round out the set. Personally, I would love to see her in the plot since I love huge casts. Since I don't remember who proposed any of the pro-Megan threories, I can't tell you by name that you won.

Edit: If it is the Goa'uld, like I have suspected, it proves that Adam and Jazan are Goa'uld, and my theory #69

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:25 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

As this is my first plot I'm somewhat confused as to the role that the TCG cards may play. Were these cards part of previous plots? Can someone give an example of how they may be used?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:28 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

IanB wrote:
As this is my first plot I'm somewhat confused as to the role that the TCG cards may play. Were these cards part of previous plots? Can someone give an example of how they may be used?

I always used the cards as a spoiler for what will happen next and who we'll see. They probably have no bearing on how the plot runs, but they could help us predict what will happen or push us in the right direction. Just look at them as pretty pictures that are plot related and preview what comes next. Just go through them and see if something clicks for you.

Set by Cukupan
I *heart* R

Post subject: WOA!!!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:32 pm 

I was just in my shop till takin out some of my money when all of a sudden...BAM!!! A little message appeared on my screen something to the tone of "The Mark of Ta-Kutep appears one the Page! Your pets turn around and run with fear." Then it sent me back to my shop screen and I tried clicking the forward button and even went into my temporary internet files, but I could find no trace of it...creapy. I looked around the TCG for it and I found this card...the tatoo maches the picture that was on my page...

Post subject: Re: WOA!!!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:49 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

lordbrian1 wrote:
I was just in my shop till takin out some of my money when all of a sudden...BAM!!! A little message appeared on my screen something to the tone of "The Mark of Ta-Kutep appears one the Page! Your pets turn around and run with fear." Then it sent me back to my shop screen and I tried clicking the forward button and even went into my temporary internet files, but I could find no trace of it...creapy. I looked around the TCG for it and I found this card...the tatoo maches the picture that was on my page...

http://images.neopets.com/tcg/c_ice/0131_CE23.gif

That's an RE from the Hannah and the Ice Caves plot. It's not relevant to this one. :)

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:49 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Heimdell wrote:

These are the two graphics that have always been used for Coltzan's Shine. The third is from the original Lost Desert plot when his crown was stolen. Someone on ppt pointed out the third image not too long ago. Sorry that I cannot recall who.

http://images.neopets.com/desert/shrine_a.gif
http://images.neopets.com/desert/shrine_b.gif
http://images.neopets.com/desert/shrine_c.gif

*flattered to be called a flirty teen at my age*

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:17 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I was just thinking about the different colors seen in this plot. It is assumed that we would all love a sand pet so that would make a good paint brush. I would like a Qasalan paint brush it it means making our pets look like Jazan or one of his followers. In the last comic, we had a desert Acara which I would also love to have. I hope a ton of fun new items/colors come out of this.

Set by Cukupan
I *heart* R

Post subject: I know this is a silly question...but
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:28 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I have been playing neopets for about a year. For some reason, I never took up collecting cards. Since I've been a member here, and following this plot, I have seen several TCG cards corresponding to the plot.

Can you tell me where to buy these, or how to find them?

Post subject: Re: I know this is a silly question...but
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:42 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

TopsyTourny wrote:
I have been playing neopets for about a year. For some reason, I never took up collecting cards. Since I've been a member here, and following this plot, I have seen several TCG cards corresponding to the plot.

If you mean the actual, physical cards, you can buy them in some stores, or online.

If you mean the neopets item versions of the cards, you can buy them in user shops/auctions/trades. They originally come onto the site through item codes found in the packs of physical cards.

Nabile pwns you...

            ...At Lenny Connundrum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:43 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Good afternoon everyone!

I haven't been posting because I have nothing new to add. Every theory I have has either already been posted by someone else, or I spouted it out and it was tried.

I have this horrible feeling that we are going to have another rush to get something done. Who knows, maybe theives will steal the scrolls! Image

Oh crud. I just had a horrible, terrifying thought... Image

You don't think TNT would be evil enough to do that, then make us put them back exactly the way they were? (and if we messed up, to the corner we go!) Image

Nah, TNT wouldn't be THAT evil.....
....right?!

Elric's LDP Fun Pics
Visit Petfinder.com

Post subject: Re: I know this is a silly question...but
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:52 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

TopsyTourny wrote:

If you want to take a look at them without buying any, there's a whole list of them online. You can find them by going to the "stuff" page on neopets, then clicking on "TCG" and then clicking on the checkbox-thingy in the bar that says "checklist". This will give you a list of all available cards.

Here's a quick link to the Lost Desert checklist:

http://www.neopets.com/tcg/checklist.phtml?edition=8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:00 pm 

Elric wrote:

You don't think TNT would be evil enough to do that, then make us put them back exactly the way they were? (and if we messed up, to the corner we go!) Image

Nah, TNT wouldn't be THAT evil.....
....right?!

*shudders* OMG I hope not. That would make absolutely no sense and wouldn't do anything to move the plot along. Then again, i'm still struggling with the relevance of the repository to the plot. There are times when I think that it's just a red herring.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next