Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:25 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:22 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

perhaps Megan will be the fortune teller that guides the scarebs out of the tomb - since so far no characters from the story have crossed over to puzzle it makes since the fortune teller would be different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:06 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Sigh. News is up.

Tribble? What's a Tribble? - oh, it's cute. I think I'll take one home :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:24 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

jojoneo wrote:

We've also talked about how she resembles the fortune teller.

I thought perhaps the useless crystal would somehow provide some more connection there, but nothing I tried worked.

*tilts head* She looks a little like the aisha from the cork gun gallery place, but it could just be a theme that TNT have with Aisha and nomad clothing :roll:

:> And you all know that I'm going to have made some very big mistake in the post above, so here's my apology beforehand for being an idiotic carrot ^.^ (pardon the welsh joke)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:05 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Megan does remind me of a "gypsy" type which most people might associate with a "fortune teller" but I think of it more like the street Scarbs are. She is also labelled a Hero on the card, like Tomos and Nabile.

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:07 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Well, the name of the crystal itself is rather suspicious, the fact it has "useless" in it's name.

I don't see Useless Piles of Dung anywhere. :P

Mkali wrote:
so here's my apology beforehand for being an idiotic carrot ^.^ (pardon the welsh joke)

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:47 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

anjuna wrote:
Megan does remind me of a "gypsy" type which most people might associate with a "fortune teller" but I think of it more like the street Scarbs are. She is also labelled a Hero on the card, like Tomos and Nabile.

I have to say I like the nomad/gypsy theme, though you're probably right. And there's no way that cork gun girl is a hero, all the np she's scammed from me :oops: I did win a nice old box though...hoorah

Weewoo wrote:
:lol:

Yay another Welshy...and another Cardiffian ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:08 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Sigh. I go away for 5/24 days and still nothing except misguided Megan ideas. Am I the only concidering that she will be in the next plot? Sure her flavor text says stuff to lead us to believe she may be in this set, but it would be very, very, very, very, very, [insert many, many more 'very's] bad storytelling to introduce such a crucial character this late in the game. Unless she is the worst deus ex machina in history, she ain't coming! Unless anyone can give me definitive proof she is in this plot, I refuse to change my mind. (That sounds familiar).

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:33 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Skynetmain wrote:
Sigh. I go away for 5/24 days and still nothing except misguided Megan ideas. Am I the only concidering that she will be in the next plot? Sure her flavor text says stuff to lead us to believe she may be in this set, but it would be very, very, very, very, very, [insert many, many more 'very's] bad storytelling to introduce such a crucial character this late in the game. Unless she is the worst deus ex machina in history, she ain't coming! Unless anyone can give me definitive proof she is in this plot, I refuse to change my mind. (That sounds familiar).

Well, Nuria also hasn't appeared in the comics yet. But, based on her appearance as a statue in the temple, I'd say she's at least a character in the plot. Maybe Megan's character isn't as crucial as everyone is guessing.

On the other hand, there are several cards in the LD Checklist that aren't related to the plot, so perhaps she isn't. It would be rather odd of TNT to include a hero in the checklist that isn't related to the plot though. I also doubt that she is in the LD Checklist and is related to the Darkest Faerie / next plot.

Solving the Master Vex avatar! Please share your screenshot. Punchbag Sid Tracking Thread

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:43 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

supRNurs wrote:
Well, Nuria also hasn't appeared in the comics yet. But, based on her appearance as a statue in the temple, I'd say she's at least a character in the plot. Maybe Megan's character isn't as crucial as everyone is guessing.

On the other hand, there are several cards in the LD Checklist that aren't related to the plot, so perhaps she isn't. It would be rather odd of TNT to include a hero in the checklist that isn't related to the plot though. I also doubt that she is in the LD Checklist and is related to the Darkest Faerie / next plot.

You have a point about the Hero cards. I yield that point but will still be reluctant. With Nuria, it could be that she is important to our part of the plot, but not to the comics. Same could also be said about Megan. She could be the librarian in the repository or something like that. But as we have been saying for a long while now, anything is possible every theory is valid. On that last note, we don't know the gravity of the evolution of this 'intellegently' designed plot.

Set by Cukupan
I *heart* R

Post subject: JAFO idea..
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:08 am 

Ok, I looking at the crystal and it looked to me like a box or one of the cases you put cards and stuff in. To question that, I started looking at the TCG stuff and sure enough they look like they would fit in (best guess).

The next thing I was wondering about is the 'pegs' or holes or whatever they are on the crystal. There are 3 on top that look dark and 2 on the bottom that look light.

Taking that a step further, I looked for an Lost Desert TCG that had a 3/2 fit. The best I could find was the "Mark of the Scarab" card. I bought one and had that in my inventory with the crystal but nada happened (went to the chef and shop). I tried cooking pot them, and nada. I even bought a scarab cookie just to through in the mix and nada. There is another TCG card "Book of Scarabs" but I really don't think Neopets would make us buy a 72k card to complete this.

Next I decided to explore the 3 dark/ 2 light thingy. Since there wasn't any Lost Desert cards that matched, I did a Yahoo search on it. It threw up a listing (first) of the TCG Faerie Dust. Looking at the card (it is listed as a card of the day), in the paragraphs towards the bottom there is reference to a TCG called "Secret Passage". It leads you towards a Grundo, but nothing yet. Did NOT purchase the card though...

Anyways, I thought maybe there would be a Lost Desert weapon maybe that did 3 dark and 2 light, but I cannot find a list of all the weapons sold in the Lost Desert shops anywhere, only partials. Anyone know where a full list can be found?

Finally, I am wondering if the crystal is a map sort of. Maybe the dark circles are the scroll racks and the light ones are the torches?? The maps have rooms VERY close but not the same. Someone might want to pursue that..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:22 am 

Has anyone else had their handfuls of sand disappear? I just to check my safety deposit box all my sand was gone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:28 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

deepcove wrote:
Has anyone else had their handfuls of sand disappear? I just to check my safety deposit box all my sand was gone!

I don't know what to tell you. All my sand is still sitting right where I left it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:39 am 

I was going to take one to the toy repair guy and see if anything happened. Maybe it is just is a glitch.......I will wait patiently and see if they come back!

edit oops.....my mistake. Just checked my shop and there they are. I took one to the toy repair guy but nothing happened!

Post subject: TCGs
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:25 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Anyone noticed Grand Theft Ummagine still freezes while loading; thus rendering it un-playable? Also, two of the Lost Desert TCG Cards have an odd reference to this ("Stop, Thief!" in which Stan the Kyrii is stealing an Ummagine; and "Desert Scimitar" in which an Elephante Guard is trying to coerce Stan into revealing himself).

The game description reads: "In this game you play Stan the Kyrii, a wily thief sneaking his way around the city of Sakhmet trying to steal some food to eat. Unfortunately, life is not that simple - there are scary Elephante guards who will do their best to catch you and throw you in the castle dungeons! Use the arrow keys to move Stan around Sakhmet."

Plot-related lead or another Swiss cheese hole? I still think it is odd that the Ring of the Lost at first evoked the Spirit of the Ruins, then transported Tomos and Nabile back home to Sakhmet.

Incidentally, Stan's favorite possession is the Ring of Invisibility. (Well, no wonder we couldn't find that 3rd ring! :roflol: ) He also carries a spare Potion of Invisibility, another Lost Desert TCG Card.

Beyond that, I am clueless and agree with the Chef "This job is boring!" :P

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:52 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

102) Jazan is defeated. He is tied up with Nabile, Tomos, and Amira around him. Tomos has a scamander on his shoulder. Nabile: 'Now let's see who you really are.' Nabile pulls off Jazan's mask to reveal Adam. All: 'Adam of TNT!' Adam: 'And I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling kids.' Tomos: 'Like, that was, like, scary man.' Scamander: 'Ra 'rary. Rooby-rooby roo!'

Sorry for that, but I was so bored that seemingly nothing was happening. Enjoy!

Set by Cukupan
I *heart* R

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next