Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:20 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:31 am 

firstly the plot says:

Quote:
one will help lift the curse. one holds powers of witchcraft. one will take the bearer home if he is lost...

which implies that there is at least 3 rings. if you want to be pedantic and say two of these points might refer to the same ring, then technically all of them can easily apply to just one. i personally believe from the dots that there is at least one more ring she didn't get to talk about.

secondly, if everyone born into royalty for the last 1000 years was male and chose a wife, then amira/nabile will be the first princess. (this easily explains the first princess bit and why he waited 1000 years). if you want to know why they made such a fuss about it being 1000 years, i'd say its because any normal normal person would be dead. i mean, if someone said to you they were 1000 years old (and you were gullible enought to believe them) then wouldn't you make a fuss about it?

if you dont like that idea, then it may be similar to The Mummy, and either amira/nabile is a reincarnation of the first princess, which would explain why jazan waited 1000 years, and why neither of them remember it.

thirdly, for whoever said that they dont think nabile is a princess, because that would be a difficult thing to forget, she could easily be an illegitemate(sp?) child and have been left somewhere or gotten lost. Also, if the father knew that his first daughter would be the one to marry jazan and break the curse, then as soon as she was born, he could leave her with a foster family, no-one knowing who she was, in an attempt to stop the curse from being broken.

fourthly, when nabile said that he wont be the only one to come back to life, i think it needs to be more sinister than his old city or anything, because remember, theres meant to be different ways to do this plot, including fighting, so you need someone to fight- i reckon his entire army will come back to to life.

ok, i'll shut up now *hides away*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:33 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Skynetmain wrote:
supRNurs wrote:
<Lots of stuff>

I was just thinking that the mods have forgotten us. I'm sure we'll be interrupted soon enough though. :P

The Royal Wedding Ring TCG is also the one that says:
Quote:
"In 3 days and 21 hours... you'll be mine."

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what time the comic was released? I'm sure this most likely refers to the amount of time between the Princess accepting the ring (acceptance seems to be a necessity) and the curse being lifted. But still, it seems odd.

Right. Cut us off once we get going. :x

The card time may be relative to comic time. We could get an update Monday (approximately 4 days) or this time next week (as it seems when comics come out).

It might. From my little shuffle through the LD TCGs, I've also gotten Nuria (I wonder if she'll be part of those that will "live again") and Megan that I can't seem to fit in anywhere.
On another note, I wish TNT would update the stupid Fortune Teller! I mean, even without her crystal ball, she should be more up to date than that!

Solving the Master Vex avatar! Please share your screenshot. Punchbag Sid Tracking Thread

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:39 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Eek wrote:
firstly the plot says:

Quote:
one will help lift the curse. one holds powers of witchcraft. one will take the bearer home if he is lost...

which implies that there is at least 3 rings. if you want to be pedantic and say two of these points might refer to the same ring, then technically all of them can easily apply to just one. i personally believe from the dots that there is at least one more ring she didn't get to talk about.

You have a point about the three rings. One wedding ring, one with the Spirit of the Ruins, and One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne, I mean, the one that teleports back to the city.

Quote:
secondly, if everyone born into royalty for the last 1000 years was male and chose a wife, then amira/nabile will be the first princess. (this easily explains the first princess bit and why he waited 1000 years). if you want to know why they made such a fuss about it being 1000 years, i'd say its because any normal normal person would be dead. i mean, if someone said to you they were 1000 years old (and you were gullible enought to believe them) then wouldn't you make a fuss about it?

Maybe Jazan's magical ability could keep him alive. The cards imply he is old. Nabile seems to think Jazan is old. Like I said earlier, it is easier to believe TNT even with holes.

Quote:
It might. From my little shuffle through the LD TCGs, I've also gotten Nuria (I wonder if she'll be part of those that will "live again") and Megan that I can't seem to fit in anywhere.
On another note, I wish TNT would update the stupid Fortune Teller! I mean, even without her crystal ball, she should be more up to date than that!

Nuria would be good to live again. She'd make a good deus ex machina. Megan could be a preview of the next plot since she doesn't seem to fit too well.

I second the fortune teller update.

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:40 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Eek wrote:
secondly, if everyone born into royalty for the last 1000 years was male and chose a wife, then amira/nabile will be the first princess. (this easily explains the first princess bit and why he waited 1000 years).
<snip>
if you dont like that idea, then it may be similar to The Mummy, and either amira/nabile is a reincarnation of the first princess, which would explain why jazan waited 1000 years, and why neither of them remember it.

I like both of those explanations!

Quote:
Also, if the father knew that his first daughter would be the one to marry jazan and break the curse, then as soon as she was born, he could leave her with a foster family, no-one knowing who she was, in an attempt to stop the curse from being broken.

This is exactly what I had in mind. Thanks for wording it so well.

Quote:
fourthly, when nabile said that he wont be the only one to come back to life, i think it needs to be more sinister than his old city or anything, because remember, theres meant to be different ways to do this plot, including fighting, so you need someone to fight- i reckon his entire army will come back to to life.

ok, i'll shut up now *hides away*

Yes, I think we meant to include the army (and Nightsteed) along with the city.

Welcome to PPT! Great first post! ;)

Solving the Master Vex avatar! Please share your screenshot. Punchbag Sid Tracking Thread

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:42 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

So are we actually supposed to click the scrolls in the order of our tablet? I saw jojoneo's post and not really any confirmation if this does anything, not too keen on mapping the scroll racks for no reason ;)

Awesome Set by DM!! :D

:) Neo44392 on Neopets^_^ Neomail me for neopets premium invites :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:44 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

archergirl2000 wrote:
So are we actually supposed to click the scrolls in the order of our tablet? I saw jojoneo's post and not really any confirmation if this does anything, not too keen on mapping the scroll racks for no reason ;)

That was another theory. Jojo will probably update us on it soon. Feel free to try it out yourself though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:48 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

supRNurs wrote:
archergirl2000 wrote:

That was another theory. Jojo will probably update us on it soon. Feel free to try it out yourself though.

Ah okay, thanks... well I've got to keep busy at work somehow tomorrow ;)

Awesome Set by DM!! :D

:) Neo44392 on Neopets^_^ Neomail me for neopets premium invites :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:51 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Location: Keeping the Hallowe'en spirit all through the year.
Any chance that the ring is highly elastic? Worn on a finger, it took Tomos (& Nabile with him) home to Sakhmet City from the temple. Encircle (a goodly portion of) the city with it, & maybe it'll take Sakhmet City home to the Lost Desert from the other dimension.

hiddenneggs / Will
----
"But then again, i think the main reason people invented civilization was to get together and complain about the wild animals eating them." --mousapelli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:02 am 
PPT God
PPT God

hiddenneggs wrote:
Any chance that the ring is highly elastic? Worn on a finger, it took Tomos (& Nabile with him) home to Sakhmet City from the temple. Encircle (a goodly portion of) the city with it, & maybe it'll take Sakhmet City home to the Lost Desert from the other dimension.

:roflol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:02 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

hiddenneggs wrote:

:lol: For some reason, this made me picture all the citizens of Sakhmet in a giant group hug around Tomos and the ring!

It also reminded me that the city being trapped in another dimension is the work of Jazan, and gave me the idea that perhaps his spell could be broken by Megan finding the wand she is searching for... hmmmm....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:19 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
supRNurs wrote:
hiddenneggs wrote:

:lol: For some reason, this made me picture all the citizens of Sakhmet in a giant group hug around Tomos and the ring!

Two things: 1) Almost proof that Tomos is a 4th grader if a giant hug us his best idea, or B) perfect proof that the Beatles had it right: All you need is love. (Pretty sad if our best theory is a Beatles song).

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:24 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

archergirl2000 wrote:

I've tried clicking them in that order but only doing the unique ones (as jojoneo had already tried clicking them all) but mine made no difference either that I can see. So I'm back to plotting where all my scrolls are - we must have to use them sometime!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:25 am 

a ring of sorcery would imply the user have magic abilities, if the city is being held in another demention, it would have been a spell cast upon it. this could mean that jazan has the ring of sorcery. as for the thousand years, a good reason could be that he had to learn to use the tools he has found. nothing beat waving a weapon around threatening to use it and not know how to when challenged. I speculate that there could be one more ring that grants nulification. mabe the user can then nulify the effects of the other three rings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:25 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Quote:
Two things: 1) Almost proof that Tomos is a 4th grader if a giant hug us his best idea, or B) perfect proof that the Beatles had it right: All you need is love.

i would have guessed kindergartener, but oh well....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:29 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: In the white forest, hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
Split: http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21950

.. In between the cover of another perfect wonder where it’s so white as snow //
Running through the field where all my tracks will be concealed and there's nowhere to go...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12