Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:40 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:02 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Anoohilator wrote:
Skynetmain wrote:
IanB wrote:
Cranberry wrote:
I didn't try it, but I wish people would stop with the semi-plausible joke suggestions (and I know I'm not the only one who wishes this). Most of us are trying to actually solve this plot here, and all the joke posts are annoying. I thought the mods had solved the problem by creating those two threads for parodies and poems and whatnot, but it hasn't actually helped much.

Here Here!

I appologize for trying to have fun. It was wrong of me to try and have a little fun with this plot. I guess this plot, discussion and all of Neopets is not for people that like having fun. I am sorry if I offended anyone by trying to have fun. I will not long try to have fun anymore, anywhere. Thank you for putting me in my place.

To be fair two boards where made for people to "have fun" and you can go on there :)

I don't think trying to have a little fun will hurt anyone. I have to admit that I enjoy a little joke every once in a while when reading through all these posts. It would get very dull if this thread would only allow mere supposition and facts and if you always had to go to other threads to be allowed to make a little joke or something.
I do agree that you shouldn't make the jokes too plausible. Like for example Sky's last one sounded quite plausible, especially for people who just joined and who don't know this kind of humour yet. So I do agree that, when posting a joke like this, you should state very clearly (preferably at the beginning of the post) that the following is only a joke, or something like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:04 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Alright alright. I'm going to shoot this down while it's young. You guys want to discuss this take it outside the boards. In all honesty this is a *serious* thread for stuff about the plot. Soem people just don't want to go throuhg a thread to see a tangent on this kind of stuff. Just respect what they want, there's a place where you can do what you want... so everyone can stay relatively happy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:05 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Hangman wrote:
I do agree that you shouldn't make the jokes too plausible. Like for example Sky's last one sounded quite plausible, especially for people who just joined and who don't know this kind of humour yet. So I do agree that, when posting a joke like this, you should state very clearly (preferably at the beginning of the post) that the following is only a joke, or something like that.

I am deeply regretful for that last supposition. If a mod is listening, please delete http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=479438&highlight=#479438 and http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=479404&highlight=#479404 so others will not get confused.

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:34 pm 

can some one please give me the steps on how to chart the repository?

usually i follow instructions on fisrt post, althought charting mabey optional

Post subject: news?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:10 am 

i haven't been on for a few days has there been anything new with the plot?

oh yeah, and i actually won a LC for once

Dear LunaMoon,

Congratulations! You have guessed correctly in the Lenny Conundrum game (round 139). You have won 281 NP!

Because you were in the first 250 to guess correctly, you also have been awarded a Ixi Battle Gem, and receive a trophy and the Lenny Conundrum avatar!

Yours Sincerely,
The Neopets Team!

i am so excited!

Post subject: just a thought - crystal - rain - rainbow = roygbiv
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:12 am 

any merit in going to coltzan's shrine during/after rain with crystal (maybe ankh for luck) to find rainbow clue (roygbiv connection with lenny conundrum and new scroll colors in repository)? Also has there been any further discussion on the clickables in the story on pages 4 of chapter's 5 and 11?

Last edited by telomerase on Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:36 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

ScottNak wrote:
Alright alright. I'm going to shoot this down while it's young. You guys want to discuss this take it outside the boards. In all honesty this is a *serious* thread for stuff about the plot. Soem people just don't want to go throuhg a thread to see a tangent on this kind of stuff. Just respect what they want, there's a place where you can do what you want... so everyone can stay relatively happy

Thanks, Scottnak. No one wants this thread to be boring, and generally it's really not -- it's fun discussing the plot and throwing out suggestions. It's just the crazy long tangents and joke posts that sound plausible that annoy a bunch of us.

(As for discussing this further, I don't want to. I shared my thoughts, and I don't want to get pulled into a debate. So no PMs, please.)

I wish there was some way to tell if TNT is deliberately making us wait, or if we're missing something. It's kind of annoying to think that we could have already checked something and ruled it out, but that it's actually what we have to do and it just hasn't been activated yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:36 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

superraz wrote:

You don't need to - look in the first post of any split and your'll find a downloadable map of each floor - actually there are two maps of each floor, the 2nd including where all the furniture is located.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:19 am 

IanB wrote:
superraz wrote:

You don't need to - look in the first post of any split and your'll find a downloadable map of each floor - actually there are two maps of each floor, the 2nd including where all the furniture is located.

i thought some people said you have to chart your scroll racks
***SILLY QUESTION*** :P :P :P :P
that would take hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:36 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

superraz wrote:
IanB wrote:
superraz wrote:

i thought some people said you have to chart your scroll racks
***SILLY QUESTION*** :P :P :P :P
that would take hours

It did. o_O

To make things more difficult, there are some errors in the maps.

For example, fourth floor is missing an entire row, making it impossible to get to the fifth. Fortunately, that row is there in the real Repository.

I found that, in places there were anomalous scroll racks... some on the map that weren't there in the actual Repository and, more often, some empty spots on the map that had scroll racks (e.g. first floor top right room has examples of both).

I ended up re-doing the map in Excel (which helped 'cause I could number the racks as I took screenshots).

But, in the end, I have no clue if the last five days have been a waste (probably was. :P) or not. We don't know if we *have* to map the racks, but I looked at it as we have this empty time where we're trying to figure stuff out so I did it just in case.

Eh. It kept me out of trouble. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:40 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: the petpet puddle, searching for pet matches. my gorgeous set is by _jaye_.
i flat-out refuse to map those scroll racks. REFUSE. there are too many of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:51 am 
PPT God
PPT God

i totally agree skizzy...at least until it is shown that we need to map the scrolls

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:33 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

skizzy the wonder lizard wrote:
i flat-out refuse to map those scroll racks. REFUSE. there are too many of them.

I'm with ya!! No way am I recording every single scroll!
But, uhmm.... I did make a note of where to locate my statue's symbol in each color. Hehe

telomerase wrote:
any merit in going to coltzan's shrine during/after rain with crystal (maybe ankh for luck) to find rainbow clue (roygbiv connection with lenny conundrum and new scroll colors in repository)? Also has there been any further discussion on the clickables in the story on pages 4 of chapter's 5 and 11?

I say go ahead and test out that Coltzan theory next time it's raining and let us know! I suppose we could also try reading scrolls with our statue symbol in the order of the colors of the rainbow as well, for lack of anything better to do. :P
There has been no further discussion of the "non-clickable clickable areas" that I recall. I generally recheck the comics at least daily and haven't noticed any changes though.

Solving the Master Vex avatar! Please share your screenshot. Punchbag Sid Tracking Thread

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:49 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

supRNurs wrote:
skizzy the wonder lizard wrote:

I'm with ya!! No way am I recording every single scroll!
But, uhmm.... I did make a note of where to locate my statue's symbol in each color. Hehe

telomerase wrote:

I say go ahead and test out that Coltzan theory next time it's raining and let us know! I suppose we could also try reading scrolls with our statue symbol in the order of the colors of the rainbow as well, for lack of anything better to do. :P
There has been no further discussion of the "non-clickable clickable areas" that I recall. I generally recheck the comics at least daily and haven't noticed any changes though.

Off and on I saw at the top of the News a sentence to indicate us to check the weather. Maybe you're on to something. This could be a clue.

Well, anything is a clue...

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, xxxholic, Full Metal Alchemist, Fruit Baskets, Ergo Proxy, now what is next ? hints wanted from knowledgeable anime fan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:18 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Arg! The wait in insufferable! Please, anyone who have been testing theories, what were the results? What are the current happenings? Anything!

On a not so plot related note: all of this LD stuff has made me jealous of all of the Lost Desert pets. Some Royals are also getting ire. The Royal Korbats look too much like their from the Odyessy.

Sigh! Mods, if this seems too off topic, feel free to nuke it.

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next