Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:37 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:56 pm 

jojoneo wrote:
Yes Pia!! I think we are onto something!!

http://images.neopets.com/desert/ldp/sr ... _aokar.gif

look at the last part... aokar.gif... that symbolizes scroll shape "a", color "orange", symbol "kar"

the naming is consistent.

I don't know what to do with that information, lol.

But I do think we need to figure out the scroll shapes/colors/symbols of the special scrolls, then seek them out in the repository

hm...
but are the shapes are the same?
i mean, "a" is always the same?

EDIT:i checked it and you are right!
there are a-e shapes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:18 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

m_ann wrote:
jojoneo wrote:

look at the last part... aokar.gif... that symbolizes scroll shape "a", color "orange", symbol "kar"

But I do think we need to figure out the scroll shapes/colors/symbols of the special scrolls, then seek them out in the repository

hm...

there are a-e shapes

ImageImageImageImageImage

Get your egg at http://www.pickle-green.com/egraphics/main.php?id=eggs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:21 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

m_ann wrote:
jojoneo wrote:

hm...

there are a-e shapes

I agree, that sounds like an excellent idea. I can see we can get an order from our tablet, and even a colour from our temple but what about the type of scroll? The ones in the temple are not the same as those in the repository?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:55 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I know the scrolls are not the same in the libraries and the repository. My idea is:

My tablet reads:
RA KAR KHA KHA
DJO KHA RA SAF
DJO KAR KAR SET
SET NEM SET KAR

Lets say you have to read the scrolls corresponding with your statue symbol: mine is DJO. I have 35 scrolls with DJO on. Lets take the first RA: If I can figure out which size of scroll (a, b, c, d, e) and which colour (r, y, b, g, w, o, p)... Ok typing this gives me: Red A-scroll... belongs to RA, I can read that scroll first because it is first on my tablet. Then find KAR, ect.

There are 35 combos with these scrolls (with your statue symbols on). This means 2 or 3 scrolls match each symbol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:06 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Pia321 wrote:
I know the scrolls are not the same in the libraries and the repository. My idea is:

My tablet reads:
RA KAR KHA KHA
DJO KHA RA SAF
DJO KAR KAR SET
SET NEM SET KAR

Lets say you have to read the scrolls corresponding with your statue symbol: mine is DJO. I have 35 scrolls with DJO on. Lets take the first RA: If I can figure out which size of scroll (a, b, c, d, e) and which colour (r, y, b, g, w, o, p)... Ok typing this gives me: Red A-scroll... belongs to RA, I can read that scroll first because it is first on my tablet. Then find KAR, ect.

There are 35 combos with these scrolls (with your statue symbols on). This means 2 or 3 scrolls match each symbol.

Hmm, it's an idea but I doubt it. My suspicion is that we are trying to re-translate our tablet and it therefore makes sense to read the scrolls in the order of the symbols on the tablet.
As a further thought to the question in my previous post. If, as someone suggested, there is only one scroll of a particular type (or perhaps 2 or 3 types - I still have 2 to find) then either that particular one always matches (scroll type) or the scroll type doesn't matter. I sus[ect the latter as we've seen nothing to tell us different scroll shapes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:22 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

or another theory:
the shape of the door to my statue was Oval/Yellow. What if I should find yellow scrolls with the symbols to read my tablet again. The FT is saying there might be more to the tablet than we have figured out.

I would start with finding the ayra-scroll (a-yellow-ra), then aykar, aykha, bykha. Only using the b-scrolls if a symbol shows up twise on the tablet. this way I dont read the same scroll twise. I havent heard of anybody haveing a symbol appear more than 5 times on their tablet.

I am really getting deperate here..... :o I need to move on with this plot.....

Edit: Somehow I dont really believe myselfe....But I have tried random scrolls with the symbols to read my tablet and that didnt work. It was random in form of colour and type of scroll (I just call the type for shape, shape a, b, c, d, e), but the symbols was my tablet from top left to right, the same way we did the symbols in the comic to get the avie

Edit: I gtg :( I have just started to map where all the different scrolls are, just in case and because of lack of ideas. Just throwing in one last thing: remember when the temple opened? It took some time before the parchment clues came out, we had time to map the temple (if you were early) before we went looking for the gem doors we needed to visit. Maybe we will get some kind of clues like we did when looking for the hieroglyphs? I dont know anymore... see you tomorrow!

Last edited by Pia321 on Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:08 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I don't think it has to do with the doors, mine was black..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:31 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I keep thinking theres something we've missed :thinking: and are TNT tryin to tell us something? the past few times when the news has been up its reffered us back to chapter 11 of the comic (well not reffered as such)

Ive reread it over so many times I could tell you how it starts and how it ends (sobs) I need a life :cry:

why would they not update it if we have done it all upto now? have we missed something? are they waitin for everyone else to catch up? is there something there that is so obvious that we have missed it because we're looking for something new?

just shoot me and get it over with :roll: Im off to contemplate my kitchen floor tiles shout me when theres something new lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:33 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Gabby wrote:
I keep thinking theres something we've missed :thinking: and are TNT tryin to tell us something? the past few times when the news has been up its reffered us back to chapter 11 of the comic (well not reffered as such)

Ive reread it over so many times I could tell you how it starts and how it ends (sobs) I need a life :cry:

why would they not update it if we have done it all upto now? have we missed something? are they waitin for everyone else to catch up? is there something there that is so obvious that we have missed it because we're looking for something new?

just shoot me and get it over with :roll: Im off to contemplate my kitchen floor tiles shout me when theres something new lol

Surely chapter 10 & 11 & the Fortune Teller are telling us to re-examine (re-translate) our tablets and that's what this latest suggestion is doing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:47 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Since we're all just throwing out ideas here, I'm reopening the donate food idea. One of the headers for the NT is 'A Yurble ate my cinnamon roll'. By jumping on the everything-is-a-clue bandwagon, this can mean two things: 1) we have to get the fore-chef a cinnamon roll and a latte or he won't let us progress in the plot, or B) we should have gotten him a cinnamon roll and latte ealier so he would have been nicer to us. He doesn't seem to be too costly a bribe if a tee can get an useless crystal. Now all we have to do is stake out the coffee shop to get the right order.

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:53 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Pia321 wrote:
EDIT: I also think if we take the time-line into consideration there is no need for the temple after we tell the statue the prophesy.
1. The Temple and riddle became available. Ppl didnt know what to do with it, so alot of ppl mapped it, and we figured out the riddle and found tha statue, but didnt know what to say to it. Ppl read the scroll in the libraries corresponding to the symbol on the statue.
2. then the FT and the mysterious tablet came out. Ppl poundered that for a while as well, then suddenly the first clue came in a Pyramid-game. We translated the tablet and told the statue the prophesy to get covered in Scarabs.
I think its strange that we have to tell the statue a wrong prophesy to move on in the plot. I dont think we should be able to get into the temple again after we did the prophesy, thats why we are stuck at the statue.
3. Getting access to the repository. If you read the right scroll. Ppl might have had to go back to the temple because they had read other scrolls after the correct one. But that is only because they didnt do it right.
4. Now we have scrolls in the repository, and we have the chef who gave us the crystal. But I feel something is missing here. We can try to find the correct order to read the scrolls, but there are too many variables. If you only take the scrolls that match your symbol you have 35 different scrolls. That is alot of combos! So I dont think this is the answer. I think we just have to wait...again.....

Sorry, but your timeline is incorrect. The fortune teller was actually the first thing discovered. Second would be tablet. Third was temple.
However, I agree about being "stuck" at the statue. The prophecy has always seemed incomplete to me and being covered in scarabs is not exactly a reward for telling the statue what it wanted to hear. Also, Nuria isn't a statue on the TCG card, indicating to me that she won't stay in statue form.
Actually, there are several "loose ends" throughout the plot, all of which have been pointed out numerous times before. The fortune teller's constant insistence that we view the tablet again and may be able to figure something else out is another one. A few of them have finally been wrapped up, but it has taken a while.
Many, many times we have been stuck, just waiting. So, you may be right about that! ;)

Solving the Master Vex avatar! Please share your screenshot. Punchbag Sid Tracking Thread

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:57 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I wasnt being ignorant IanB just frustrated that theres nothin (obvious) out there for us to do just yet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:07 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Gabby wrote:
I wasnt being ignorant IanB just frustrated that theres nothin (obvious) out there for us to do just yet

Actually, I'd say it's a good idea to recheck the comic daily. The symbols weren't active until we needed them, so it's possible there could be something else like that again. The most annoying thing about this entire plot is the wait times. These lead to having to guess at activation times. You can check something a million times, but if TNT hasn't activated it, you'll find nothing until they do.

Solving the Master Vex avatar! Please share your screenshot. Punchbag Sid Tracking Thread

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:09 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I'm sorry, I don't have a chance to read all the posts since this morning, but I think my point may have been missed...

Physically look at THESE scrolls, then use these color, symbol, size combinations to read scrolls in the repository in the order of your tablet...

I just don't have pictures of these to know what they look like and that's the only way to know which size/color we need to read for each symbol...

So can someone please post pics of the special scrolls as listed below??

Quote:
set Royal Proclamations of Coltzan Vol 13 Here you might find a hunter or cup

ben Sand Cuisine for Elephantes Here you cannot tell one path from the next

nem Decorating With Sand - Winter Quarterly Here you might never be heard from again

djo Desert Petpets: A Cautionary Tale Here you might weather a deadly flood

ahn The Joy of Burnt Desert Food Here you can navigate by points of light

ra Desert Tent Zoning Regulations Here you can look ages into the past

lat The Chemical Properties of Sand Here you could be terribly lost

tep History of the Sakmet Dynasty Vol 3 Here you could sail from lake to sea

saf Ruki Population Survey Vol 5 Here you could wander with no end in sight

kha Famous Sand Collections Here you can see suns far away

kar Edible Desert Foliage Vol 9 Here you can take a cool drink

fer Desert Survival Skills for the Dim-Witted Here you will find rushing rapids

Last edited by jojoneo on Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:12 pm 

Off topic but related somehow. At the beginning ot this plot, I was about to end NQII on normal mode, and it has taken enough time so I'm now at Faerieland on Evil mode... I thought I couln't catch up or get a decent weapon before the war starts.

And getting back to the plot. As it had been said. There are lots of open ends on the plot still, but what if they are just pointers tha are going to be unlocked as they unlock the new chapters. I remember having read an article on the NT about how a servant tricked Eliv Thade, and have the feel that the same is being done with us. Lots of loose ends that point nowhere... yet.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next