Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Oct 11, 2024 4:24 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Flash Games Problem
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:54 pm 

On some flash games like Black Pawkeet Slots and Brucey B.'s Slots, whenever I start loading the game, a popup appears talking about making sure the Flash Movie Xtras are in the Xtras folder or something. Then there's something about a playback problem. Anybody have a solution? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Apparently Gourmet Club Bowls doesn't work either.

Last edited by EggHead on Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:04 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

i have that too on my dads PC, it also happens with HATPC, i don't know how to fix it though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:28 pm 

That's weird. Oh well, at least I'm not alone.

Post subject: Those game requrie the shockwave plug-in...
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:27 am 

It is gotten from the same site as the Macromedia Flash Player. I would try unstalling shockwave then reinstalling shockwave with the most current version (after installing it restart the computer).

Down near the bottom of the Macromedia Page is a link to the Free Shockwave Player (currently version 10.something).

Unfortunately, shockwave games seem to run a lot slower on Neopets compared to the regular flash games.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:35 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

There have been alot of problems playing games on my computer for the past couple of weeks. I created at topic here, Flash Games Lagging. Up until about 2 weeks ago there were no problems at all with any games. I thought it was my computer.

Nascar wrote:

Quote:
It is gotten from the same site as the Macromedia Flash Player. I would try unstalling shockwave then reinstalling shockwave with the most current version (after installing it restart the computer).

Down near the bottom of the Macromedia Page is a link to the Free Shockwave Player (currently version 10.something).

Unfortunately, shockwave games seem to run a lot slower on Neopets compared to the regular flash games.

Thanks.

I just went to the Macromedia site last night on a suggestion from Alex. There is an "update" to shockwave, which I found by going to the Macromedia Test Page - http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/welcome/

The update is 10.0.1 which "fixes for issues in 10.0 signed components for XPSP2 compatibility". There is a small "catch" to this update. When you download it it also wants you to download and install the Yahoo taskbar (which I don't want or need). Tried installing without clicking on accepting the Yahoo disclaimer - it wouldn't install properly. So fine, uninstall, download again (on dial up zzzzz) and let it install including the Yahoo, which made my ISP go insane. So then I went to add/remove programs, removed the Yahoo taskbar, searched to make sure all those components were gone. Whether shockwave will now work without that darn Yahoo taskbar is unknown.

Egghead, I just searched shockwave on my computer - the new update Does have a folder called Xtras, so that may be what you do need.

I don't play games due to problems with my hands, but my friend does use my computer for Neopets (doesn't own her own). She's the one who told me that certain games - Kiko Match, Usuki Frenzy, Ultimate Bullseye and Igloo Garage Sale Game were all acting weird and just seemed to be running jerky and slow. She thought she somehow broke my computer!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:02 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: in the past, the present and longing for the future
my computer updated the shockwave...but whenver I open up black pawkeet, it ALWAYS closes my IE down :x :x *grumbles*

memories of yesterday; because you've left me at the beginning

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:18 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

You know, I was thinking the problem was that I had recently upgraded my spybot search and destroy to the new version - that the aggressive Active X (which can be malicious) blocker was causing this.

But now I'm really wondering if the problem isn't really the shockwave itself, that there's something in the new version that isn't quite right. Especially if opening a game shuts down your IE.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]