Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:26 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: new kid
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:05 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Sweetestnightmare wrote:
I've been following this thread for quite a while now and finally decided to join in. You guys have been doing an amazing job keeping up with the plot and puzzles etc, it's awesome.
One thing i noticed and i'm not sure if anyone else has made this connection too between the missing furniture and the need for blunt objects in the plot. perhaps they are taking the furniture to use as weapons and we are unknowingly aiding in a war effort...?

again you guys are great!

Wow! Such flattery! :oops: Thanks! Glad you decided to join our madhouse! Welcome aboard. :)

Yes, we've been joking about the furniture being used to clobber the zombies over the head, but we just can't seem to catch those theives!

paola wrote:
I think they just wanted to do it for fun or to keep us distracted (there hasn't been a new world event for as long as I can remember). Or maybe it is related to the plot somehow? I don't really see how it could be though. o_O

Yes, there doesn't seem to be anything we can do with them at the moment. I don't remember the last time a new World Event was added either. :) But to see why I think they are related to the plot, see the Swarm of Scamanders and Swarm of Undead TCGs.

Solving the Master Vex avatar! Please share your screenshot. Punchbag Sid Tracking Thread

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:06 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

i think the accounts were only made so 'normal' people didnt register them and use them to scam or something

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:09 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I was wondering, why is it a Scamander, and not a salamander? Is it just a neopets thing, or does it have some other meaning?

I looked up scamander online, and here is what I found:

Scamander

(skemăn´der) , ancient name of the Küçük Menderes River, c.60 mi (95 km) long, NW Turkey. It flows W and NW from the Kaz Daği through the Troas into the Mediterranean Sea. It is frequently mentioned in the Iliad.

SCAMANDER:
Scamander is situated on the mouth of the Scamander River with spectacular ocean beaches. Although small in size, the town has first class accommodation with a large motel/hotel resort (with excellent dining) and top quality holiday units.

Edit: This is referring to a town in Tazmania, Australia by the way, the river is not the same as the Turkey one.

Scamander
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

In Greek mythology, Scamander (Skamandros) was an Oceanid, son of Oceanus and Tethys. By Idaea, he fathered Teucrus.

Scamander fought on the side of the Trojans during the Trojan War (Iliad XX, 73/74; XXI). In this context, he is the personification of the river that flowed from Mount Ida across the plain beneath the city of Troy, joining the Hellespont some five kilometers the north of the city. The Achaeans, according to Homer, had set up their camp near its mouth, and their battles with the Trojans were fought on the plain of Scamandros.

According to Homer, he was called Scamander by gods and Xanthos by men, which might indicate that the former name refers to the mythological being and the latter one to the river.

In the Iliad he tried, after being mocked by Achilles, to drown him, but was hindered by Hera and Hephaestus.

The modern name of the river is Karamenderes.

These definitions do seem to be related somewhat to the ldp. Scamander is a mythical figure, just like the price is. Scamander also is the name of 2 different rivers in the world.

Of course, all of this is probably useless, but just throwing it out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:12 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

dolphinling wrote:
I'm probably the only one who cares anymore, but AARGH, Ed just moved :(

All right, boards say floor 2, row 9, col 7. I'm in the very corner of the basement, so I'm just gonna try it and hope. :\

Nabile pwns you...

            ...At Lenny Connundrum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:17 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Quote:
It wriggles out of your hand, barely escaping through a hole in the floor.

Better luck next time.

Why would there be a hole in the floor at the money tree? Maybe we can go through this hole too...

Just a thought...

ImageImage

Boom-shaka-laka! Rawr come and join us in the Randomness
Sig Halloween'd by Tom!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:22 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

dolphinling wrote:
dolphinling wrote:
I'm probably the only one who cares anymore, but AARGH, Ed just moved :(

All right, boards say floor 2, row 9, col 7. I'm in the very corner of the basement, so I'm just gonna try it and hope. :\

confirmed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:27 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I don't know if it was ever solved or not, but my theory for the number you get is that each piece has a specific ID and while we get the floor number from the ID, we don't get the exact location it belongs. If it ends up in the right spot it sticks, if not it is stolen. Sort of how we had a color and shape for our statue in the temple, but had to guess on the symbol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:28 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Im currently concerend. I did all the other parts of the plot, but in getting back tuseday morning I figured "This stuff has been going on for awhile, it will be over very soon and I wont bother with this section of the plot".

Now its been even longer and I have only moved one scroll rack. How much do you think this is going to effect my overall "standings" in the plot?

Lady Night made me do it :P
Click for Werewolf!
Click for more Werewolf(as well as Role Playing)!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:29 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Grr... all the way up to come all the way back down again. Is this how it's gonne be for the next few days? lol

Ok, so I'm walking through the 1st floor looking for somewhere to put my bench, but all the places already have benches in them! Where on earth am I supposed to put mine??

Image Set by DM - Thanks :)
If you would like Neopets Premium, PM me.

Last edited by StarryEyed502 on Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:29 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Sorry for the repeat (I posted at the end of the last thread)...

I get the following message at the Money Tree...

Quote:
Oops! Too late...somebody seems to have taken that item while you were pondering.

Is that because I tried to take too many things?

Anyone else getting that message?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:31 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

jojoneo wrote:

Quote:
Oops! Too late...somebody seems to have taken that item while you were pondering.

That's their way of saying "you were too slow"

^^

ImageImage

Boom-shaka-laka! Rawr come and join us in the Randomness
Sig Halloween'd by Tom!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:32 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

jojoneo wrote:

Quote:

That just means you were too slow. I get it almost every time I try to get something! :)
Edit:
sirclucky wrote:
Im currently concerend. I did all the other parts of the plot, but in getting back tuseday morning I figured "This stuff has been going on for awhile, it will be over very soon and I wont bother with this section of the plot".

Now its been even longer and I have only moved one scroll rack. How much do you think this is going to effect my overall "standings" in the plot?

Well, I got frustrated with it after the fist night and haven't moved very many myself. I'm sure there will be credit given for participating (points, or whatever) but nobody knows yet how much or if they are based on how many pieces we move or how fast or any details really. It was said in an earlier thread that it would be nice if we could somehow see how many points we have accumulated.

Solving the Master Vex avatar! Please share your screenshot. Punchbag Sid Tracking Thread

Post subject: first time posting
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:38 pm 

I think that snatching furniture to pound on those walking dead things is a great idea! I've only moved 5 scroll racks. My hat is off to all those who are more determined. I placed one without having to go to the ID/ED or whatever you want to call her/him. I always have thought of an Interior Decorater as being a female, but a male could do just as well. :D It will be interesting to see what all Nabile's interpreting will accomplish. Anyone figured out what she is getting at in the comic? I looked at the statue's glyph and they are all the same. It isn't even the same language. Or so it appears to be different. It reminds me of a certain type of code language, but I can't remember what it is called.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:41 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I am currently trying to place a scroll rack in the basement. This is the first time I've had trouble with a scroll rack. I've waited for five spaces to clear up, only to have someone beat me to it by half a second. So I think we're nearing the end, however furniture is still disappearing. My question is, what are you guys observing on the other floors? Are they very full also?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:42 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I was sent all the way to the basement and now I can't find anywhere to put the rack, this part has got ot be over soon

~Zilary - No, thats not me. :D

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next