Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 406 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 28  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:14 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Who says I'm not allowed to win it twice?

There's nothing in the rules about it..

If I come up with the best subtexts throughout the course of the game, I feel that I deserve to win, regardless of whether I've done it before. It's really not fair if I consistently submit good subtexts and am eliminated just because I've proven myself to be good before...

Mas mothaionn tu fein mar rud eigin caite ar an dtra...
Lig dom goideail an croi duit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:16 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

_jade_em_
Scent of a Million Dreams

I like the ideas you are working with, it's nice to see a different interpretation, focusing on the smell. A good job overall.

.:Compact Disk:.
White as snow *fade* Light as air.

I like what you did, except the 'light as air' doesn't seem to fit as well. I don't really understand what is as 'light as air'. Maybe something more relevant would work better.

.:Requiem:.
Embrace love *fade* And it shall bloom.

Oooh, I love this one. I love the way you have brought in additional elements to the graphic, while still being relevant. Excellent!

Amethyst
Gentle melodies....

I personally don't feel the subtext is relevant to the topic. From what I see, there are only flowers, no music. I understand where you may be coming from, but it doesn't seem the best choice for the set.

Ammer
A Vanilla Dream

One of my favourite subtexts out of them all, vanilla seems such a suitable adjective. Really, a job well done,

Anoohilator
Love Me.. Move me Not...

I like how you've put a twist on the rhyme, 'Love me, love me not', but do think a fade could have been used to a good effect here. Overall, though, good job, it's nice to see something different. I guess the moving symbolises the beauty of the flowers and the longing to stay.

Anubis
Tulips -fade out, then in- Nature's Artistry

The fade is used to good effect, I do love the way you described the tulips, too. It seems fitting and rather poetic, which, to me, is a plus.

Atjj
soft.... *fade in* yet masculine *fade out*

I think the way you have considered the user of this signature is intelligently done, and something I haven't noted on many of these signatures. To me, though, soft seems very under whelming.

dargonz
One Day, You Too Will Bloom

I love this, the way you have tied aspirations and flowers together is imaginative. Congratulations!

Divine
New beginnings are blooming...

I understand where you are coming from, but it doesn't really stand out as something special. A good try, nonetheless.

DM was on fire!
*fade in* Sweet smell *fade out* *fade in* of the world *fade out and repeat*

I think you may have abused fading in this one. Also, I like superlatives, I'd rather 'The sweetest smell of the world'. The idea, however, pulls it through.

Forest_Majesty
*fade in* Breath of Dreams *fade out* *fade in* Scent of Flowers

I really like this, it seems to suit the signature extremely well. I imagine a hazy Summer day, relaxing if fields of tulips, with your subtext. The fade is used to a great effect too, it adds to the softness, I think.

gemma58
"A Natural Elegance"

It seems to describe the picture well, but to me, does little else. With shorter texts, more interesting vocabulary choices work well.

Jamie
It's a pity I have a blocked nose..

Hmmm, I see the comic side to this text, but personally, I don't feel it fits the picture.

Khristian
*Fade in*Black or White*Fade out* *Fade in*Flowers are beautiful

I like this, it is simple, and the fade is used well. 'Black or white' works better than any other combinations of colours, 'Green or white', or 'White or green' doesn't have the same ring to it.

matterbug
Blooming before your eyes.

If the set showed more progression with the flowers, some blooming, others closed, this would have worked better. 'Blooming' doesn't seem to fit as well as it should, 'Beauty dancing before your eyes', may have worked better.

paperfacesX022
The sweet reminder of *fade out* *fade in* hope

I like what you are saying, but I think fade is abused here, too. Would have worked better without it.

pattypus
Blooming in the spring... *fade* And flourishing in the summer...

I really like what you did, it seems to work so well. Flourishing is a beautiful choice of words, I have nothing else to say, well done.

sirclucky
Bloomin' Brilliant

I think it is similar to Jamie's, you've went with the comic side for this, but it doesn't really fit.

Stephanie
*fade in* A field of flowers......*fade out* *fade in* a field of dreams

Mmmmm... I like this. Again, I like how you reference across, thinking outside the box. Well done.

Sweet Pea
Purity in the Form of Simple Tulips

Not too keen on this, the wording at the end seems cluttered, it seems a mouthful, currently. I think, 'Purity in its simplest form' works to a better effect. Nice idea, though, linking nature and innocence.

the_dog_god
Nature's gift to man...

I see how you may have related Robert into it, but, overall, I think it isn't as inspired as some of the other subtexts. Seems a little mediocre to me.

VeraX
A white mystery

Though no mystery is particularly present, I think can see where you are coming from. I supposed there could be some mystery behind the scene, but it is slightly unrelated, if you ask me.

Wind
Sweet beauty

I like what you have said, but don't think it was the best way to say it. I would have preferred something along the lines of, 'The sweetest form of beauty'.

Votes go to: sirclucky, Jamie and Amethyst.

Click the wonderful signature. You know you want to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:06 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

WIS wrote:

VeraX - A white mystery
The main thing I would point out, is the mystery part... Mystery? I'm not so sure where that comes from.

Guess I'll explain. I'm rather a flower person, so I guess maybe I saw something some people wouldn't.

The tulips aren't out fully. Until they are, you can't see what colour they're going to be. Sometimes they'll have red streaks in the middle, which can't always be seen until the flower is out.

So, the outside is white, inside is a mystery. White mystery.

Also, I thought it was kind of creepy that there's just all these flowers there, and it was kind of a mystery as to why they're there.

And I suppose because it sounded cool.

Set by Twisted Sanity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:04 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

VeraX wrote:
WIS wrote:

VeraX - A white mystery
The main thing I would point out, is the mystery part... Mystery? I'm not so sure where that comes from.

Guess I'll explain. I'm rather a flower person, so I guess maybe I saw something some people wouldn't.

The tulips aren't out fully. Until they are, you can't see what colour they're going to be. Sometimes they'll have red streaks in the middle, which can't always be seen until the flower is out.

So, the outside is white, inside is a mystery. White mystery.

Also, I thought it was kind of creepy that there's just all these flowers there, and it was kind of a mystery as to why they're there.

And I suppose because it sounded cool.

Ooo! That clears a lot of things up! I cant change my vote now, but I dont think you'd get voted out anyways. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:35 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

WIS wrote:
Atjj - soft.... *fade in* yet masculine *fade out*
I'm not so sure where you have the masculine part from, but I dont think it fits in very well. Soft and beautiful? Soft and elegant? Anything that's another one of the tulip's tributes, would work better than masculine.

I was thinking more along the lines of that it is a signature for a guy. Not referring to the tulips at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:52 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I know I haven't been very original...

Pixa wrote:
Wind
Sweet beauty

I like what you have said, but don't think it was the best way to say it. I would have preferred something along the lines of, 'The sweetest form of beauty'.

Err, I have this problem, I try to say things using a minimum nuber of words :P

Set by Pixa <3 || WWW for previous sets || T-Shirts gallery
Support Roo Island!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:38 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

.:Requiem:. wrote:

If I come up with the best subtexts throughout the course of the game, I feel that I deserve to win, regardless of whether I've done it before. It's really not fair if I consistently submit good subtexts and am eliminated just because I've proven myself to be good before...

I think it should be a rule personally. Give someone else a chance to win it. If all the past winners were allowed to keep entering and winning, we wouldn't have new champs. You've won it once already so I don't see the big fuss.

It's coming...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:36 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Twinkle wrote:
.:Requiem:. wrote:

I think it should be a rule personally. Give someone else a chance to win it. If all the past winners were allowed to keep entering and winning, we wouldn't have new champs. You've won it once already so I don't see the big fuss.

I was really unsure about this, but I think I will let you compete. Look a sports, they don't say to the team that won the season before, that they can't play. I'm going to let Requiem play, at least this time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:21 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Thank you, Robert! I can see your side of the argument too, Twinkle; the contest could get pretty stale if the same few people keep winning it over and over again. But I'm not sayig I'm for sure going to win it; I just think I should have the chance to do so if I deserve it, in the end.

Mas mothaionn tu fein mar rud eigin caite ar an dtra...
Lig dom goideail an croi duit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:51 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Everyone makes a good point.

http://7art-screensavers.com/screenshots/flowers-pro/black-flowers.jpg

Closest thing to a black flower I could find.

Awesome Set By WIS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:54 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Khristian wrote:

Lots of things are purple, but they call it black anyways. (In chinese anyways :P)

E.g. -
Black Corn
Black Rice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:02 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

WIS wrote:
Khristian wrote:

Lots of things are purple, but they call it black anyways. (In chinese anyways :P)

E.g. -
Black Corn
Black Rice

Black Monkey dishwasher? =P

Awesome Set By WIS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:12 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Khristian wrote:
WIS wrote:
Khristian wrote:

E.g. -
Black Corn
Black Rice

Now that is funny :roflol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:21 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Robert wrote:
Khristian wrote:
WIS wrote:
Khristian wrote:

E.g. -
Black Corn
Black Rice

Now that is funny :roflol:

There are black flowers but they airbrush them to be that color.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:23 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: A land full of joy and happiness, and happiness and joy.
Pixa wrote:
.:Compact Disk:.
White as snow *fade* Light as air.

I like what you did, except the 'light as air' doesn't seem to fit as well. I don't really understand what is as 'light as air'. Maybe something more relevant would work better.

This is for all the judges:
I was trying to get across how fragile the flower is. That was all I came up with. And to one of the other judges who said that it's not white :roll: Are you colour blind?

[URL=http://randomness.talonz.com/smf]ImageImage
Set by WIS/Button by TS.
Join a werewolf game! Click here![/URL]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 406 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 28  Next