Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:08 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

My god! The beasts are more evil than I thought

Post subject: Re: Help
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:20 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

freddyflinstone wrote:
I finally have the temple all mapped out, i have finished my tablet, know which room my statue is in, but when i Told the statue my translation of my tablet, it said it was incorrect? what do i do now?

Try again in 1 hour, but make sure your spelling is correct and you don't put in punctuation. It must be exactly as it is written. If you use "copy and paste", make sure you don't leave a space at the beginning of the first word.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:24 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Skynetmain wrote:
At least Lupes are better than Usuls, but it is still unoriginal character selection. We have so many species of pets, so we should have more variety in main characters. I want a Zafara centered story!

To Elric: Glad your pics have found a new home.

Yea, a Zafara story would be nice, or a krawk one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:30 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Oy. This has been most unexciting. I hope there's at least some truth in what Donna said in the editorial. *snort* If they really can keep track of how soon we discover or complete a task, then it's not so bad to give everyone a chance to catch up. I'm really hoping that's the case. Otherwise, no matter how interactive it's been so far, it could still come down to who is online at the right time when the final answer is solved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:35 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Hi, I've been following this discussion for a long time, but never poster because I'm more of a lurker :P anyway... While checking back the fortune teller file, the bird emcee87 was talking about appeared!!! :o
Maybe this means that our next task is to count the furniture like Count... erm... What's his name in english? (It's "El Conde Contar" in spanish) well, like he does!

BTW, thanks to Rachiroo for the idea :hug:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:39 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

iamthelastunicorn wrote:
Hi, I've been following this discussion for a long time, but never poster because I'm more of a lurker :P anyway... While checking back the fortune teller file, the bird emcee87 was talking about appeared!!! :o
Maybe this means that our next task is to count the furniture like Count... erm... What's his name in english? (It's "El Conde Contar" in spanish) well, like he does!

BTW, thanks to Rachiroo for the idea :hug:

Hahaha, that is absolutely terrific!
I think his name is just "The Count" in English, by the way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:10 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Brynne wrote:
So this may just be my curiousity, but did we ever see the 'final' count of the furniture? Just seeing if there is something in those numbers that we should be noticing.

Also I think this may be some sort of puzzle where you are fitting things in, like a tanagram.

I was reading through posts since I left, trying to catch up, and I don't think anyone has answered this (so forgive me if you have) :)

The numbers at the time I noticed they stopped climbing were posted here, along with total number of items and the final ratios.

The main thing I noticed is a decreasing pattern - less blocks than sand, less furniture than blocks.

Also wanted to say good job to jojo and elric! :lol: Helping to keep our sanity, as usual.

Solving the Master Vex avatar! Please share your screenshot. Punchbag Sid Tracking Thread

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:11 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Huggles wrote:
Oy. This has been most unexciting. I hope there's at least some truth in what Donna said in the editorial. *snort* If they really can keep track of how soon we discover or complete a task, then it's not so bad to give everyone a chance to catch up. I'm really hoping that's the case. Otherwise, no matter how interactive it's been so far, it could still come down to who is online at the right time when the final answer is solved.

I had a feeling that all the puzzles would be like the battledome: each hit on a puzzle, ie - sand carried, block moved would count towards a personal tally. So even in the group events (block moving) individual efforts are rewarded.

I think that this system of scoring is great. As you still get points for completing each part but those who can do so first get the bonus.

And as TNT have staggered the clues, each main time zone has a chance of competing for the bonus points.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:28 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
supRNurs: Thanks for the link to the 'last' numbers. Too bad I have too much other math homework to deal with making the functions and differentials to go with the numbers. I would love to have gotten the equations to the furniture. I think your decreasing number of 'movable' items theory is very sound. It makes sense with the fewer number of furniture than blocks. It would easily take more blocks than furniture to actually make the furniture. That is just common practice. Well, it is for people that are all thumbs like me.

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:37 am 

What is this? Is this the final scene of the plot?!
... Or maybe its just me, bored, with some spare time, throwing a picture together and jumping on the parody bandwagon.
And here are versions that have no text/word-bubbles for you to use.
- blank template -
- word-bubbled template -

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:43 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I completely understand that we should be greatful for a wonderful plot, a great scoring system, awesome puzzles, etc. And believe me, I am very greatful.

But I am one of the many people who are upset with the time it's taking for the next set of clues.

TNT is made up of paid employees. This isn't just a volunteer site. The people working on Neopets make a living from it.

But TNT is HORRIBLE with deadlines. Now, I don't know about you, but if I missed my deadline, or didn't complete what I had been assigned, I would be fired.

First of all, there's Neoschools. Thousands of people anticipated this new addition to the site. But we never got it.

Why did TNT mention it if they couldn't follow through with it? Isn't that irresponsible? They shouldn't have said a thing until they had it completed and waiting for release.

Then there's the LDP. Things went smoothly there for a bit, and now it's just ground to a halt. Again, shouldn't all this stuff be planned and completed by now? Why do we have to wait after break-neck speed block moving just so the TNT can catch up with us? To stop the plot after such a momentum to me just seems wrong.

Waiting over 5 days for the next clue is ridiculous. TNT should never have started a plot that they didn't already have completed.

This is a mistake that TNT has made time and time again--they promise without first making sure they can deliver.

So while I am greatful for an incredible plot, I have a right to be angry that TNT isn't prepared yet again.

Elric's LDP Fun Pics
Visit Petfinder.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:51 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Maybe it's not that they're not prepared. Prehaps they have other reasons you're not privy to. Maybe they never intended to release the next part of the puzzle yet, maybe extenuating (and oh so human) circumstances such as a death in a programmer's family have occured? (This has happened in the past with Donna being days late posting the news).

You don't know what their intentions are/were to pass judgement.

Quote:
First of all, there's Neoschools. Thousands of people anticipated this new addition to the site. But we never got it.

They never figured out how to make it a feasible application. So sue them. They had an idea and it didn't quite work out how they envisioned it.

Just because neo isn't working on your preferred timetable hardly makes them awful employees. You do not have the "right" to be angry. If you were their boss and had direct evidence of these missed deadlines, then go ahead and be irate. But you are just one of many players on a site that is provided to you free of charge.

Last edited by atomicblonde on Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:52 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Elric wrote:
I completely understand that we should be greatful for a wonderful plot, a great scoring system, awesome puzzles, etc. And believe me, I am very greatful.

But I am one of the many people who are upset with the time it's taking for the next set of clues.

TNT is made up of paid employees. This isn't just a volunteer site. The people working on Neopets make a living from it.

But TNT is HORRIBLE with deadlines. Now, I don't know about you, but if I missed my deadline, or didn't complete what I had been assigned, I would be fired.

Why did TNT mention it if they couldn't follow through with it? Isn't that irresponsible? They shouldn't have said a thing until they had it completed and waiting for release.

Then there's the LDP. Things went smoothly there for a bit, and now it's just ground to a halt. Again, shouldn't all this stuff be planned and completed by now? Why do we have to wait after break-neck speed block moving just so the TNT can catch up with us? To stop the plot after such a momentum to me just seems wrong.

Waiting over 5 days for the next clue is ridiculous. TNT should never have started a plot that they didn't already have completed.

This is a mistake that TNT has made time and time again--they promise without first making sure they can deliver.

So while I am greatful for an incredible plot, I have a right to be angry that TNT isn't prepared yet again.

I agree with you 100%. TNT are very slack with deadlines, and I honestly can't see why. If they weren't ready to release the plot, then why go ahead with it?

TNT have turned a great idea into a running joke.

Edited to include:

Atomicblonde, if it was one instance of lateness or ineptness, then yes, we have no reason to complain. But TNT made us aware of this new plot months before it was released, so it wasn't a slapped together piece of programming. All the clues, comics and alike should have already been made and ready to be made live when the plot needed it.

Last edited by Daze on Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:54 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

atomicblonde wrote:
Just because neo isn't working on your preferred timetable hardly makes them awful employees.

Please tell me where I said they are awful employees.

Elric's LDP Fun Pics
Visit Petfinder.com

Last edited by Elric on Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:55 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Elric wrote:
Please tell me where I said they are awful employees.

The implication is crystal clear right here:

Quote:

Bad employees get fired.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next