Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 10:21 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Please help
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:15 am 

hiddenneggs wrote:
Milfred wrote:
Sorry to go against the grain of the conversation, but I have a problem. I've found my statue, finished my tablet and put my prophesy into the statue. All fine. But I can't understand my scroll. When I click on the scroll that has the symbol from my statue (lat) I don't "understand" it, I only "gain a little insight" and then fall through a trapdoor. Is there anything I'm missing?

You always "gain a little insight." The question is, earlier in the sentence, did it say "You read the scroll, and you" or "You understand the scroll, and you"?

Actually, a fairly easy way to test it, now, would be to go to the repository -- if the response you need to give the guards (also listed in the first post of this thread) is available, then yes, you understood the scroll.

Well that's the problem - the response DOESN'T come up. I guess I'll just have a bit of a look around and see where I went wrong (but that 12 hours waiting time really kills me).

Stop grovelling!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:51 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Cranberry wrote:
http://www.neopets.com/island/volcano_solution.phtml

http://www.neopets.com/space/npv2_solution.phtml

http://www.neopets.com/desert/crown_solution.phtml

Solutions. We had to do quite a few different things... flood-filling an image was probably the weirdest.

Yes, and I've tried flood filling most images already and haven't gotten anything. I'm going to try the rukis later, if no one else has.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:14 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

deadlypker wrote:
Cranberry wrote:

Solutions. We had to do quite a few different things... flood-filling an image was probably the weirdest.

Yes, and I've tried flood filling most images already and haven't gotten anything. I'm going to try the rukis later, if no one else has.

This is my first plot so how do you flood-fill an image?

Post subject: Re: Please help
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:14 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Milfred wrote:
hiddenneggs wrote:
Milfred wrote:
Sorry to go against the grain of the conversation, but I have a problem. I've found my statue, finished my tablet and put my prophesy into the statue. All fine. But I can't understand my scroll. When I click on the scroll that has the symbol from my statue (lat) I don't "understand" it, I only "gain a little insight" and then fall through a trapdoor. Is there anything I'm missing?

You always "gain a little insight." The question is, earlier in the sentence, did it say "You read the scroll, and you" or "You understand the scroll, and you"?

Actually, a fairly easy way to test it, now, would be to go to the repository -- if the response you need to give the guards (also listed in the first post of this thread) is available, then yes, you understood the scroll.

Well that's the problem - the response DOESN'T come up. I guess I'll just have a bit of a look around and see where I went wrong (but that 12 hours waiting time really kills me).

My friend had that problem, and solved it by visiting the fortune teller before reading the scroll, and after reading it, and the response is there now.
You're not missing much yet though -

Quote:
Completed furniture:

Stand lamps: 193
Scroll racks: 840
Benches: 60
Tables: 32

Get your egg at http://www.pickle-green.com/egraphics/main.php?id=eggs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:26 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Pia321 wrote:
deadlypker wrote:
Cranberry wrote:

This is my first plot so how do you flood-fill an image?

you take a screen page of them image, put it onto paint or something(I use paint, I don't reccomend it, it's terrible) and use the paint bucket to fill in the image to see if you find anything

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:27 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

oh thanx! never would have thought of that... I use photo shop, I'll try it...

edit: what can you find? I mean you can fill in as much as you want but all the shades and different colours stop the filling. I dont know what I'm looking for?

I enhanced the image (looking at the rukis in the tent) and found some spots that look unusual, but there are no links there or anything to do with it

edit: this is not my strong side...I'm going to try tabbing thru the comic again... maybe something new has come up

edit: nothing came up while tabbing thru the comic. but several of the pages didnt have the yellow line around each image/link. so I didnt get to tab them. It was never the first page of the comics but all the rest, exept one page...maybe its just that I dont know anything about htis, lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:01 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

how many days have they been building furniture? Was it 5?

When they started and I thought about how much furniture they would need to build, my guess was they would finish Monday night. I thought I HAD to be wrong. There was NO way TNT would have us wait that long for some action. Then I thought... ok furniture will be done monday, but there will be some other activity to start friday to busy us over the weekend... perhaps readying the scrolls? I'm shocked that nothing has happened in soooooooooooo many days!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:05 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Are you kidding me?!? They're still building?!?

What the heck?!

Well, I guess the next possible total is 1337, unless I missed one... o_O

Elric's LDP Fun Pics
Visit Petfinder.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:13 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

jojoneo wrote:
how many days have they been building furniture? Was it 5?

When they started and I thought about how much furniture they would need to build, my guess was they would finish Monday night. I thought I HAD to be wrong. There was NO way TNT would have us wait that long for some action. Then I thought... ok furniture will be done monday, but there will be some other activity to start friday to busy us over the weekend... perhaps readying the scrolls? I'm shocked that nothing has happened in soooooooooooo many days!

they started building furniture last thursday about 8:20 pm PinkPT time
I was about to haul my first block of stone when I was brutally thrown out of the repository and the foreman said they were finished :cry:

edit: in 5 - 15 minutes they have been building furniture in 115 hours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:20 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I"m trying to look at it as what's a reasonable # of total "players" for each activity... I'm not a math gal, so any mathematicians who are interested, run with it...

carrying sand yielded 104,034 handfuls... I believe i saw an old estimate that each person averaged about 20 handfuls? that would mean...around 5000 players.

Next round, hauling stones... 4330 blocks, with 5 people to a block is around 21,000 total "participants"... estimating 7 blocks per person? leaves us with 3,000 players

I"m guessing there will be a different amount of people required to move each piece of furniture

Stand lamps - maybe 2
Scroll racks - maybe 4
Benches - maybe 6
Tables - maybe 8

based on this estimate, we are at 4,400 total participants, when you assume each average participant will get to move 5 pieces of furniture... that would leave us with only 880 players right now OR we will only be able to move less than 5 peices of furniture each.

So what do you think? Way off base? Could it take more of us to move each piece? Is there ANY relevancy to ANY of this??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:28 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

maybe we dont move the furniture in teams?

I only got 4 handfuls of sand and I didnt get any blocks.... but that was just to bad timing. I'm not online in the weekends (only have access on my work-computer), and the sand started at my local time late friday evening. The stone blocks started late wednesday evening and at the thursday I was in meetings all day so when I finally go online late evening the block-hauling was over... only lasted for 24 hours...

I completed all the other stuff quite early and I have been watchin this board since thread 2.

edit: they have now made furniture in 115 hours (I know I was there when they started). If you divide that with the number of furnitures that are now you get approximatly times it takes to mak one:
Stand lamps: 35 min
Scroll Racks: 8 min
Benches: 113 min
Tables: 216 min

Last edited by Pia321 on Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:30 pm 

jojoneo wrote:
So what do you think? Way off base? Could it take more of us to move each piece? Is there ANY relevancy to ANY of this??

Although I don't really have anything meaningful to add to that brilliantly put post....You rock!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:08 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I hope we figure out to do by the time Im gone... I'm so tired of all this waiting. But maybe TNT are letting us rest after moving all the sand and stone? Before we have to move the furniture again. We can start our own company NPM (Neopia Professional Movers) bad joke, I'm tired :oops:

I'll see you all tomorrow.

Post subject: Remarkable
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:15 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I'm new here, so let me take a moment to say HELLO! :D

On to business: I can't help but post this. I did a Neopets search on "Remarkable", and the user's name is listed as "bgfnfn b xcgd".

Yes please don't make fun of me!! I just thought I'd get it out there. Maybe it means something!!! Come on!! It's possible!!

*gets smacked with a tomato*

Meechity

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:21 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Hmm, nothing out of the ordinary, but good thinking!

Elric's LDP Fun Pics
Visit Petfinder.com

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next