Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 8:37 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:59 am 

new or old?

ERROR : Oops, somebody spilled their Juppie Juice on the Krawps table :( Its being cleaned currently, please check back soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:00 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Okay after triple checking my statue doors i finally found it (sigh) and it is the pillar door so now i just have to go to the library and understand it

Image Always believe in hope Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:02 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Kess wrote:
A dumb sidenote, it might have been pointed out ages ago, and it's nothing but...

Go to the chapter 5 flash comic, page four. Tab through the frames instead of using the mouse. There are two unmarked clickable spots in the comic, above the vanishing city of sakhmet. Clicking them doesn't do anything that I can tell, and I've tried going back to the maps and the repository etc. I'm trying to think what stage the repository was at when chapter 5 came out. I think it was still being dug out of sand... maybe.

Thoughts?

Your post got me started searching. I found a re-mention of it on this page but couldn't find the original. From the other posts on that page, I'm not even sure the repository had been found when the comic was released.

I did however find a repeat of an old post of mine there as well, from another long waiting period. I'd forgotten some of the things in it. Some turned out to be true :> ie. the scroll titles and statue's symbol significance. Anyway, the remainder of it is here, for anyone wanting other random things to ponder whilst we wait again.

Solving the Master Vex avatar! Please share your screenshot. Punchbag Sid Tracking Thread

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:05 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
supRNurs wrote:
Am I not looking at something right? o_O Has the time to make a rack changed?

It could be my perseption of the times is wrong but at the start, the number of benches was greater than the number of tables until sometime last night. The ratios are still pretty much the same, but the times seem to be adjusting themselves to the ratio. Your ratios are pretty good, but it is more common to use a common denominator, not a common numerator. I divided by the number of tables. Using this as the divisor, the ratios have been slowly changing. Sooner or later the dt will reach zero on one of the items (most likely the benches) and all production will stop.

Oh! And to answer your questions. 1) Maybe. Numbers are hard to get right even when you work with them a lot. All you have to do is keep your variables straight. After years of math and physics, that is the best advise. 2) Also maybe. d(rack)/dt is what we are watching. Without enough points to plot the curve and therefore find the derivative (rate of change) of the curve we can never really know.

Quote:
Never mind the ratio. I got about 6:28.5:2:1 using the number of tables as the dividing factor. I just want to figure how each item could eventually be divided up in the repository.

Edit: I just checked my last ratio versus more current numbers. I now have: 6.2:26.2:1.87:1 . The ratio seems to slowly decreasing since yesterday. Racks are 2.3 less. That may not seem like much, but that really is a lot.

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post subject: Ok....
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:21 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

This may be nothing but what is that behind the Lead Ruki...it doesn't look like it belongs there to me. Other than the circle and arrow I did not edit this picture in any way. So if you check the Repository you will see it there yourself. Just curious since it's the only thing there of its like....

~Edit~ I've also Noticed a little blue thing sticking behind the block on the shelf in the back as well as the tool box on the floor looks wierd....and to top it off but on the Picture of the Foreman on his foot is a neon green dot and there is another dot like it in the Ruki's Tool Box thing...might be nothing. Just speculating.
~Edit Again~ OOoooOoO I realize what that circled thing in the back is now XD It's another tool box...but that doesnt explain the blue thing behind the block or why the closer tool box looks wierd to me. Or the green dots...I mean now that I look at the picture they are reaaaally obvious...I'm surprised neo didnt see them if they were accidental

Last edited by XxAlchemistxX on Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:26 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Location: It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.
No, it's just some cut & pasted object that's been in the background the whole time. It was in the screenshot I took for this spoof when I grabbed it a couple days ago.
*edit* - I'm pretty sure it's a copy of the 'toolbox' in the foreground, scaled down a bit.
*'nuther edit* - y'know, that open tent door in the background makes me think someone is about to dramatically step through it.

Last edited by Kess on Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:26 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

If math gives you a headache, skip this post :)

Skynetmain wrote:
supRNurs wrote:
Am I not looking at something right? o_O Has the time to make a rack changed?

It could be my perseption of the times is wrong but at the start, the number of benches was greater than the number of tables until sometime last night.

o_O This part of your post confuses me, but, heh, I'm blonde so give me a little slack.... Isn't the number of benches (56) still greater than the number of tables (30)?

Skynetmain wrote:
The ratios are still pretty much the same, but the times seem to be adjusting themselves to the ratio.

Are the racks still being produced every 8 minutes? I must admit I haven't been checking often enough to notice. :oops:

Quote:
Your ratios are pretty good, but it is more common to use a common denominator, not a common numerator. I divided by the number of tables. Using this as the divisor, the ratios have been slowly changing. Sooner or later the dt will reach zero on one of the items (most likely the benches) and all production will stop.

Well, if I use the tables instead of the racks and the same two sets of production figures from the furniture tent, I get this:
Old figures:
35 lamps / 5 tables = 7 lamps per table
153 racks / 5 tables = 30.6 racks per table
11 benches / 5 tables = 2.2 benches per table
New figures:
181 lamps / 30 tables = 6.03 lamps per table
787 racks / 30 tables = 26.23 racks per table
56 benches / 30 tables = 1.86 benches per table

Using these figures, I do see the decrease you are talking about. However, my reason for not using the tables in the first place is that they take the longest to complete and I do not know what stage of completion the table is at.
If we needed to know the time variable for the decrease between the first set of figures and the current set, I could run a search to find an approximate time when those figures were posted. There should also be several other newer posts (prior to the thread in which they warned against posting only that information) that contain exact neotimes and figures. I would love to see this calculation brought out to give us an approximate time of completion.

Edit: Pssstt... Snowager

Solving the Master Vex avatar! Please share your screenshot. Punchbag Sid Tracking Thread

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:43 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

supRNurs wrote:
Why do you think the repository is brand new? I know one LC had us calculating what it would take to build it / paint it, but as far as the plot goes, it was there already, just covered in sand. Unless I'm mistaken, which is highly probable :P

These are the things that led me to the conclusion that it is a new structure.

Lenny Conundrum #132
Quote:
With all of these ancient scrolls being discovered around the Lost Desert, the city of Sakhmet needs to build a place to store them all and keep them safe! It has been determined by city engineers and architects that a huge stone pyramid, painted gold, would be a fitting storehouse for such treasures of knowledge!

Lenny Conundrum #133
Quote:
Shortly after the Scroll Repository pyramid was completed (see the previous Lenny Conundrum), a huge sandstorm swept through the Lost Desert, partially burying the pyramid.

Fortune Teller:
Quote:
She calls out to you again as you turn to leave. "Oh! I almost forgot. I heard something about a few of Princess Amira's ministers, who were outside of Sakhmet when it vanished. They're going to get that new scroll repository finished so that they can use it as a library, and try to figure out how to bring Sakhmet City back. I don't know when the project is starting, though."
(emphasis mine)

And to whoever was wondering about the blue thing in the ruki picture, it's the eldest ruki's ear.

I'm not much for math, but I have noticed that 2 bench increments were being completed a little before their corresponding table, but now the benches have fallen way behind. This probably adds nothing new or useful to the conversation, but... *shrug*

rugs

I may be a cold-blooded jelly donut, but my timing is impeccable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:46 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
supRNurs wrote:
If math gives you a headache, skip this post

o_O This part of your post confuses me, but, heh, I'm blonde so give me a little slack.... Isn't the number of benches (56) still greater than the number of tables (30)?

Good eye. That was my bad. The ratio at the start was 2:1 and higher. Now it is obviously less. That was what I meant.

supRNurs wrote:
Using these figures, I do see the decrease you are talking about. However, my reason for not using the tables in the first place is that they take the longest to complete and I do not know what stage of completion the table is at.

You could have used any item as the denominator as long as it is in the denominator. They way you had it set up was fine, only it was inverted. You just needed to take the -1 root of your answers. You would have had some killer fractions, but they would have been the same as what we have now. I used tables as the divisor since it was the lowest and would guarentee numbers greater than zero.

supRNurs wrote:
If we needed to know the time variable for the decrease between the first set of figures and the current set, I could run a search to find an approximate time when those figures were posted. There should also be several other newer posts (prior to the thread in which they warned against posting only that information) that contain exact neotimes and figures. I would love to see this calculation brought out to give us an approximate time of completion.

I'd love to see this calculation too but despite all of the data in earlier posts, we have very little recent data except what we see on the site now. Unless we can glean the info needed from other sites (which would be inaccurate as third party info), we can't get an accurate graph, function, differential, and, especially, a result. I think we want to know the rates mostly to learn when we will do something next. I only started noticing the differential since we had some much down time and I had nothing to do.

Edit: Well! I'm off to bed and won't be back until 1700-ish NST. PM or e-mail if you want a further debate.

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:58 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Kess wrote:
No, it's just some cut & pasted object that's been in the background the whole time. It was in the screenshot I took for this spoof when I grabbed it a couple days ago.
*edit* - I'm pretty sure it's a copy of the 'toolbox' in the foreground, scaled down a bit.
*'nuther edit* - y'know, that open tent door in the background makes me think someone is about to dramatically step through it.

You mean like this?

For those that can't read it well...
Lead Blue Ruki: whispers: "Hurry He's Coming!!!!"
Red Ruki :scribbles as fast as he can "Help I hate my job"
Yurble Foreman: gruffily yells: "What's going on!!! "It doesn't take this long to make 4 million pieces of furniture!!!"

Ok ok I know I know...it's not that great and maybe tacky... but hey.. we're all tired and bored and partially crazed and insane or for those that were already insane before this plot you are alot more saner......so...for all this "hooplah" I blame the foreman!

Edit...my Furniture guess...No...no math was involved...just a guess lol
Lamps 190-200
Scroll Racks-800
Benches-60
Tables-30
As I said before..this is based on nothing...just a guess

Last edited by XxAlchemistxX on Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:04 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Ah, rugs, I'd forgotten about that part of the fortune teller's message. So I was mistaken! :)

Skynetmain wrote:
You could have used any item as the denominator as long as it is in the denominator. They way you had it set up was fine, only it was inverted. You just needed to take the -1 root of your answers. You would have had some killer fractions, but they would have been the same as what we have now. I used tables as the divisor since it was the lowest and would guarentee numbers greater than zero.

Exactly. That's why I chose to use the tables as you suggested, rather than simply reversing my ratios. I figure we are hurting quite a few heads as is it is, no need to make it even worse. :P

Skynetmain wrote:
supRNurs wrote:

I'd love to see this calculation too but despite all of the data in earlier posts, we have very little recent data except what we see on the site now. Unless we can glean the info needed from other sites (which would be inaccurate as third party info), we can't get an accurate graph, function, differential, and, especially, a result. I think we want to know the rates mostly to learn when we will do something next. I only started noticing the differential since we had some much down time and I had nothing to do.

Are you saying that even using the data from earlier posts we wouldn't have enough points to plot? Or do you think there has been a greater decrease lately that would actually change the curve? Sorry, I'm not really good with those type functions.

But, yes the whole point would be to give us an approximate time of when to expect the next activity, and perhaps the number of each type of item to expect to be produced. So it does seem like a lot of work for that small bit of information.

And on that note, I'm off to bed! But I will check the thread for your answer in the morning - hopefully with a clearer head. :P Night all!

Edit: Are = Or - geesh I AM tired!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:09 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

i just understood my scroll and i did not have to get sand or move blocks i got taken to the furniture tent. Just letting you know.
Currently
Completed furniture:

Stand lamps: 182
Scroll racks: 794
Benches: 57
Tables: 30

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:16 am 

why is the Gift Shop of One-Thousand Trinkets link going to the faerie statue?

ello...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:19 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

shocker2000 wrote:
why is the Gift Shop of One-Thousand Trinkets link going to the faerie statue?

If that was the last place you were you have to put in an incorrect translation to go out

Post subject: Re: Ok....
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:43 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

XxAlchemistxX wrote:
This may be nothing but what is that behind the Lead Ruki...it doesn't look like it belongs there to me. Other than the circle and arrow I did not edit this picture in any way. So if you check the Repository you will see it there yourself. Just curious since it's the only thing there of its like....

~Edit~ I've also Noticed a little blue thing sticking behind the block on the shelf in the back as well as the tool box on the floor looks wierd....and to top it off but on the Picture of the Foreman on his foot is a neon green dot and there is another dot like it in the Ruki's Tool Box thing...might be nothing. Just speculating.
~Edit Again~ OOoooOoO I realize what that circled thing in the back is now XD It's another tool box...but that doesnt explain the blue thing behind the block or why the closer tool box looks wierd to me. Or the green dots...I mean now that I look at the picture they are reaaaally obvious...I'm surprised neo didnt see them if they were accidental

I just have to ask again: where does this picture come from? I done see this picture in the encampment. I only have text and the furniture numbers, but it looks like there is room for the picture also. But I dont have it! I have refreshed several times... I'm I blind?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next