Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:55 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:29 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Morning everyone! Wow, they sure are going slowly there! :( Yeah, it's going to take all through the weekend before we can do anything. *sigh*

Is anyone else terrified at the prospect of having to go to the library to get the scrolls to fill the repository and WAIT 12 HRS before going back in!? *insert eye-twitch icon here*

The Suppository Continues!!!
Chapter 7's "deleted scene"
Ruki team's first scrapped project
Ruki team's second scrapped project

Elric's LDP Fun Pics
Visit Petfinder.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:33 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I think I'm a bit behind with this. When I managed to read the right scroll from my tomb (finally) and went to the scroll repository, it automatically brought up the page saying how many handfulls of sand it took to unearth it. Then when I visited it again today, the repository was already cleared out and furniture being made. Am I going to miss out on something important?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:33 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Elric wrote:
Morning everyone! Wow, they sure are going slowly there! :( Yeah, it's going to take all through the weekend before we can do anything. *sigh*

Is anyone else terrified at the prospect of having to go to the library to get the scrolls to fill the repository and WAIT 12 HRS before going back in!? *insert eye-twitch icon here*

Morning Elric. Surely they won't make us endure the 12 hours wait between scrolls! With scroll racks being completed every 8 minutes, that's gonna be a LOT of scrolls! And, really, we won't be reading them, just transporting them...

Edit:
Eternal Serena wrote:
I think I'm a bit behind with this. When I managed to read the right scroll from my tomb (finally) and went to the scroll repository, it automatically brought up the page saying how many handfulls of sand it took to unearth it. Then when I visited it again today, the repository was already cleared out and furniture being made. Am I going to miss out on something important?

No, you only missed out of the chance to find a few random items when moving sand and blocks. Now we're just waiting for them to finish that furniture.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:48 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Eternal Serena wrote:

I wouldn't say so. You missed out on the extra items to get and all the fun (and crazy) stuff that went on yesterday (thank goodness I didn't dream about ankhs). But anyways, as far as the plot goes, I don't think you're too far off. Afterall, the stuff that was done yesterday and will happen soon with the furniture, its just stuff to keep us busy and doesn't advance the plot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:49 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

supRNurs wrote:
Elric wrote:

Morning Elric. Surely they won't make us endure the 12 hours wait between scrolls! With scroll racks being completed every 8 minutes, that's gonna be a LOT of scrolls! And, really, we won't be reading them, just transporting them....

I certainly hope not. I know we don't have to read them, but I hope TNT changes the click from "read" to "pick up and run away before the evil sands of time (read "12 hour wait") descend upon us."

Elric's LDP Fun Pics
Visit Petfinder.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:57 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

JhasNeeh wrote:
pengo313 wrote:
JhasNeeh wrote:
For those of us struggling to get a job (and no, not because I'm on Neopets all day!) I hope you're wrong - but we'll just have to wait and see.

Why wrong? o_O I meant that I (like others) work all week until very late in the day (sigh... 2 jobs!) and so most of the time I can't participate very much during the week (gotta sleep sometime!!). Being able to participate in moving the furniture would be fun for me to be able to help with over the weekend. Sorry if I didn't explain well enough (or if I misunderstood you)!! :)

Oops! Sorry about the double post!!! Please combine!!

No, I was making a joke. If the update comes when everyone else is at school - those of us without jobs have a better chance of getting rich. :P Of course I don't really hope everyone is too busy to help, just having a laugh.

PS. Just checked the local paper and theres nothing in it for me again. :(

Gotch Ya!! Hey!! No fair!!!! :lol:

Avi & Sig by pattypus - Thank you!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:21 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

And the monotonous wait continues!

Set by Sweet Pea, thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:27 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Elric wrote:
supRNurs wrote:
Elric wrote:

Morning Elric. Surely they won't make us endure the 12 hours wait between scrolls! With scroll racks being completed every 8 minutes, that's gonna be a LOT of scrolls! And, really, we won't be reading them, just transporting them....

I certainly hope not. I know we don't have to read them, but I hope TNT changes the click from "read" to "pick up and run away before the evil sands of time (read "12 hour wait") descend upon us."

Right, I agree wholeheartedly! I just meant they can't justify it taking 12 hours to simply grab a scroll rather than reading it - same thing you are. :)

A note on my figures about the times earlier - looking back at posts when items were completed and after talking to a few others who were refreshing, it seems lamps are completed after every 4 racks and benches after every 13. This would change the times somewhat. Can anyone else confirm?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:38 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

It doesn't take 12 hrs to read a scroll. It only takes a second, then the trap door will kick you out of the temple. Then the temple will be locked for 12 hrs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:42 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

samniann wrote:
It doesn't take 12 hrs to read a scroll. It only takes a second, then the trap door will kick you out of the temple. Then the temple will be locked for 12 hrs.

Same difference :D

Elric's LDP Fun Pics
Visit Petfinder.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:48 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
samniann wrote:

Maybe it is like Army of Darkness. We have to say every syllable correctly before picking up the scroll or else the army of the dead will come to life and storm the city... oh wait. Okay! Who misspoke the incantation?

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:55 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Skynetmain wrote:
samniann wrote:

Maybe it is like Army of Darkness. We have to say every syllable correctly before picking up the scroll or else the army of the dead will come to life and storm the city... oh wait. Okay! Who misspoke the incantation?

Elric did

Post subject: Missing something important?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:56 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Eternal Serena wrote:

23 digs, 2 dust covered bowls (500np)
8 blocks moved, scarabbed twice, no items

If it was based on items, you missed some big ones but so did I.

If having fun im important to you, well you DID miss something important ;)

So far, besides the tablet avatar we don't know of any reward systems other than the random opportunity to get a crack at valuable items. No trophy or images for the lookup yet has been confirmed though it should happen.

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, xxxholic, Full Metal Alchemist, Fruit Baskets, Ergo Proxy, now what is next ? hints wanted from knowledgeable anime fan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:59 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

samniann wrote:
Skynetmain wrote:
samniann wrote:

Elric did

:o Me? :o

Eye halve a spelling chequer,
It came with my pea sea,
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
Its rarely ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it
I'm shore your pleased two no
Its letter perfect in it's weigh,
My chequer tolled me sew.

Elric's LDP Fun Pics
Visit Petfinder.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:02 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Because it's something to do, and I'm bored...

Quote:
Stand lamps: 35
Scroll racks: 153
Benches: 11
Tables: 5

Taking the current figures:
153 racks / 35 lamps = 4.37 racks per lamp
153 racks / 11 benches = 13.9 racks per bench
153 racks / 5 tables = 30.6 racks per table

Using 8 minutes per rack, that gives us:
Racks = 8 minutes
Lamps = 35 minutes
Benches = 111 minutes
Tables = 245 minutes

As compared to my previous figures, based on post times:
Quote:
From reading through the previous threads, I have these rough estimates:
Racks = 8 minutes
Lamps = 33 - 35 minutes
Bench = 120 minutes (2 hours)
Table = 210 minutes (3 1/2 hours)

Keeping in mind that the new method doesn't take into account that they may be partially finished with an item. ie. There may actually be 5 1/2 tables complete, and that would change the number of minutes to around 223.

Last edited by supRNurs on Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next