Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:49 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:08 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

corvusrayven wrote:
Just a couple of questions from the peanut gallery.

Does anyone find it odd that the Lost Desert Card: "The Royal Wedding Ring" has a specific time? It says "In 3 days and 21 hours... you'll be mine" Could it mean anything?

And to restate an old one, the Neopian Times Editorial stated: "Everyone's tomb contains each door/symbol/colour combination that currently exists... (This message contains no clues or hints whatsoever.)"

*shrugs* I guess I'm just stating the obvious eh?

K

I was under the impression that the currently exists thing was referring to the gift shop. Wasn't that added after the editorial?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:15 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Butterflyhornet wrote:
Thanks for the help. I'll look for that when I'm allowed to go back.

Glad it turned out to be something simple. And if you need a decode for the riddle there too, Mouth of the river is a triangle, and bright guardian of the night is silver (like the moon). So your statue is behind one of the 12 silver triangle doors.

Forgive me if you'd already figured that out and I'm being redundant. I've become the unofficial plot-helper for my guild, so it's becoming a reflex reaction, lol

rugs

I may be a cold-blooded jelly donut, but my timing is impeccable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:15 am 

Quote:
I don't know, you guys. Look at the Lenny Conundrum. It often seems like everyone and their gelert is entering that (and getting the correct answer when it's blabbed on the Neoboards), and yet when winners are announced in the news, it's rarely more than a few thousand people getting it right. Look at the last one:

Quote:
A new Lenny Conundrum competition has begun. The answer to last week's was 24,192 days. 2,304 people guessed the correct answer earning themselves 869 NP each.

Now, probably quite a few more people than that actually enter and just don't win, but still. The LC is open all week, and it takes FAR less time to enter an answer there than to A) Find your faerie statue (which often involves mapping your tomb, a time-consuming process), B) Find the correct library and read your correct scroll, and C) Visit the repository regularly and collect 10-15+ piles of sand. My pet is in the third range of agility and I still only collected 18 piles, so I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of diggers got less than 10 (especially considering many players would be in school or at work on the weekdays and wouldn't be able to dig as much). Remember, here at PPT, almost everyone is a hardcore Neopets player. Our results are going to be much higher than the average.

Also, look at the Curse of Maraqua stats. Only 54,791 pirates and 202,248 Maraquans signed up. That's only 257,039 people participating in the events (and that does seem to be warriors and support added together). That went on for a long time -- and to qualify, people only had to fight one battle or do one support task, not complete a time-consuming puzzle plot.

I think TNT's number could be accurate... although I do hope it's a clue, because right now, I'm stuck. Wink

Last edited by Cranberry on Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:39 pm; edited 2 times in total

Incase you were wondering, we can find out how many people enter some Lenny Conundrums: (these are taken from previous Lenny Conundrums)
Quote:
Round: 102

How many users entered last week's Lenny Conundrum? Please round to the nearest 100.

-----------------------------------------
Answer: 15,400

Actually, 15,410 people entered Lenny Conundrum #101. Rounded to the nearest hundred yielded 15,400.

Quote:
Round: 108

What percentage of users answering this question will get it correct?

Please round to the nearest whole number. Please do not include any characters in your answer other than numbers. This includes spaces, punctuation, or percentage signs. If there is no correct answer, we'll pick whatever answer comes closest to being correct.

-------------------------------
Answer: 3

I know everyone is curious about how this one worked out. And we were actually very lucky that there was a clear-cut correct answer here.

47,978 users entered this week's Lenny Conundrum. Here were the top ten answers, with the rounded percentage of users answering each one:
(look at the actual one to see more, I dont want to make too big of a post)

Anyway, we can see that even a question like the last one which was incredibly easy to enter and had many many people advertising on the boards telling people to enter 100 so they would win only attracted 47,978 entries. Another relatively easy one (the first) where you just guess a number got just 15,410 entries. Therefore it is very possible that only around 6500 people dug sand.

I believe that TNT just made the repository get uncovered at 104,034 because it means something and they didnt have it on a timer. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:16 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

butterflyhornet, you are look at the one dot if you played pyramids
the door for your first parchment is yellow circle door with wave lines at the top

This is wat it looks like

and the text on the right, the one at the entrance of the temple
it is to find the fire faerie statue, which is used for something else in the plot

EDIT: it looks like somebody already help solved your puzzle, and i was a bit late typing mine up

Sakura-DAISUKI
http://www.angelfire.com/anime6/ccs_fan ... isu_01.gif
hoo...153 frames...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:39 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Thanks, empiricist -- I knew there had been Lenny Cs like that, but I was too lazy to find them. ;) Yeah, if easy, widely-advertised LCs like that (where all people had to do was enter any old number at all) only attracted 15K-48K people, it's very possible that fewer than 6000 people were digging sand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:57 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Hello... I would just like to say that I have been keeping up with your solutions up until now and have found them very helpful! :hug: I finally decided to make my own account here. :P

But I have a question... I don't understand what we have to do in the repository. I haven't received any items from going to that page. This is what I get:

Quote:
The scroll repository has been completely uncovered. It stands gleaming in the sun. But... there doesn't seem to be any way inside. It looks like the engineers forgot to leave empty space for the scrolls!

Wow! The repository was buried under 104,034 handfuls of sand!

You! Take a 15 minute break!

The foreman actually grins for once. "Looks like we got the thing uncovered!" But the grin quickly turns to a scowl. "Too bad them stupid engineers didn't build the thing right in the first place. There ain't no space inside for scrolls! What kinda scroll repository do ya call that?!"

Do we do anything after going to that page? I don't get the page with the guards again after that. [/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:57 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Is there usually news on Tuesdays?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:01 am 

Must... have... news... tnt... hates me... Gah!!!!! *runs outside and screams at entire dorm complex* WHERE IS THE NEWS? I NEED NEWS! WHAT'S GOING ON???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:01 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Higure wrote:
Hello... I would just like to say that I have been keeping up with your solutions up until now and have found them very helpful! :hug: I finally decided to make my own account here. :P

But I have a question... I don't understand what we have to do in the repository. I haven't received any items from going to that page. This is what I get:

Quote:
The scroll repository has been completely uncovered. It stands gleaming in the sun. But... there doesn't seem to be any way inside. It looks like the engineers forgot to leave empty space for the scrolls!

Wow! The repository was buried under 104,034 handfuls of sand!

You! Take a 15 minute break!

The foreman actually grins for once. "Looks like we got the thing uncovered!" But the grin quickly turns to a scowl. "Too bad them stupid engineers didn't build the thing right in the first place. There ain't no space inside for scrolls! What kinda scroll repository do ya call that?!"

Do we do anything after going to that page? I don't get the page with the guards again after that.

Over the weekend, we had to dig for sand. However it's all gone now, which is why you got that message. As far as I know, there's no further steps.

jojoneo wrote:
Is there usually news on Tuesdays?

Yes.

Gone, forever.

Last edited by Alex on Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:03 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Aww... so I don't get any items? :( Ok then, thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:10 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

6 pm NST and no news? Now they're just messing with us. :x

rugs

I may be a cold-blooded jelly donut, but my timing is impeccable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:11 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Higure wrote:

Well, the only items people really got were Handfuls of Sand, and occasionally a book or food.

Gone, forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:14 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Alex wrote:
Higure wrote:

Well, the only items people really got were Handfuls of Sand, and occasionally a book or food.
Yeah, but it's nice to have a large collection of sand being the restocker that I am. :D Imagine the price increase after the war! It might be a collector's item, haha!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:31 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

YAY i found my faerie and told my prophecy. should i even bother reading my scroll for the repository???

My old siggy expired.
I need a good siggy :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:32 am 

yea ive been buying sand too i dont have much cash but i figure heck the sand in a couple months could make me a millionaire lol. Who knows i could go from being dirt poor to being filthy rich. *laughs at own jokes*

Commander in Brawlers of War

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next