Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Lost Desert Plot Discussion #28 (Split- Summary in 1st post)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:20 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Continue with all the plotting here :)

Previous thread: http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20740

- The plot
- The Fortune Teller
- The Temple of One-Thousand Tombs

Here is an example of a map: http://tim.arlott.com/jas/tombmap.jpg
It is Jasujo's map that she made using the grid method posted by Cerise. Of course, there are many methods, this is just one to give you an idea.

Here is a handmade map by XenaAndGabrielle: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/ ... ap-XaG.jpg
with an explanation of how she goes about it here.

Here is another map made by Twisted Sanity, who uses yet another mapping method: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/te ... ombmap.gif

Known Facts:

Eveyone's tomb, doors, and phrases are different.

Your tomb is the same to you each time you enter it.

All passages seem to be two way. You should be able to return to the room you came from. The door may not be in the same position, but one of the doors will return you. Some passages loop and may lead you to the same rooms over and over. Not everyone has a loop in their tomb, but if you do it's okay, just mark it and continue mapping.

There are three library doors and one statue room in each tomb. In the libraries, you can read a scroll, but the effects haven't been found yet. The statue asks for a prophecy, but the correct one hasn't been found yet.

Library doors
Image Image Image

The libraries should have these scrolls:

river - Fer, Djo, Tep, Kar
maze - Ben, Lat, Saf, Nem
astral - Ra, Set, Ahn, Kha

Here is an image posted my mcgeorge on neoitems displaying all the symbols and scrolls with their names.

Here is a post listing the item descriptions of each of the scrolls.

There are about 85 rooms, 5 doors in each room (a few might have a blank wall), and a total of around 425 doors.

If you read a scroll, you can't enter for 12 hours. If you get caught in a trap, you can't enter for 1-3 hours and your pet may temporarily be turned to a pile of sand.

There are 6 door colors and 4 door shapes. The riddles will only tell you the color and shape of the door you need.

Shapes:
A humble portal of stone (rectangle) [just a regular old door]
Mouth of the river (triangle) [think about it ... the place where a river starts will look like a triangle ... because it starts flowing out]
The aspect of a star (pentagon) [5 sides to a standard star]
Window into the soul (oval) [your eyes are ovalish]

Colors:
Blinding radiance of the sun (yellow) [the sun]
Thunderous clouds obscuring the sky (black) [makes it dark]
The waking dawn on the dunes (red) [at dawn, thing all look red]
Banks of the mighty river (green) [everything is green on the banks]
Kingdom of the lightgiver (blue) [the sky is the sun's (lightgiver's) kingdom ... and it is blue]
Bright guardian of the night (silver) [The moon is sort of silverish]

The combination does not tell you which symbol you need, but does limit your search to 12 possible doors to find your statue in.

After you find the Nuria faerie statue and go back to your library and read the scroll with the symbol that was on the statue's base, your pet now understands it. Nothing else has been seen to come of this as of yet, though.

The fortune teller's phrase has changed to: "I see ancient pharaohs laid at rest." You supposedly need to visit her and see this before moving on.

Then if you play a game of Pyramids, at the end you should see a parchment on the bottom of your screen. This looks to be a clue to rooms as each column has a number, color, symbol, and shape.

If you go the room under the single dot that your parchment describes, you will get an RE which gives you a dirty stone piece. Take that to the toy repair shop and you get a piece on your tablet. If you then go to the fortune teller, her phrase is changed:

"So... you've returned," she says. "Something remarkable is happening. I am receiving many images in my crystal ball, images of strange, distant places..."

"...yet I can't make out these images just now. Perhaps something will appear soon. You may view the Mysterious Tablet if you wish."

If the dirty stone piece that you get from your trapped room ends up being destroyed by Donny at the Toy Repair Shop (he sometimes has trouble cleaning it for some reason), then all you will need to do is go back to the temple immediately. Do not wait. You will receive a new piece that you can bring to Donny to try cleaning up.

A while after the first piece of your tablet is filled in, the fortune teller changes to this clue: "I see debris on a frigid battlefield."

That leads you to play a game of Snow Wars (not the flash game, the original HTML Battleship-like one), after which you should find your second parchment. On this one, you find the door under the double dots.

After the second piece, the fortune teller changes again, "I see a rivalry of five."

That leads you to place a bet and feed one of the poogle in Poogle Races to get the third parchment once you've placed your bet. On the third parchment, you find the door under the triple dots.

After the third piece, the fortune teller gives the next clue: "I see fortunes cast upon the waters."

This leads you to go to the Underwater Cavern. Simply go fishing, and you'll find the fourth parchment. You'll find the door under the four dots.

For the fifth clue, go to the fortune teller and get this message: "I see countless eyes." Then lose at Potato Counter and that gives you your next parchment. Find the door under the five dots and you're on your way.

On the sixth clue, the fortune teller says: "I see a great deal of fun." If you spin the Wheel of Mediocrity, then try to spin a second time, you'll get your sixth parchment. Find the door under the six dots to get the next piece.

On the seventh clue, the fortune teller will tell you "I see a rule that must be broken" Go to the Lever of Doom, and a pull will get you the parchment. You must have 100np on hand. The door under the seven dots will get your next piece.

The eighth clue, you are told: "Today's lotto number is [numbers]" Go to Kreludor, and fill in the Mining Corp. with the numbers, different to everybody. This'll get you the eighth piece of parchment, which will tell you which room to go to beneath the eight dot header.

For the ninth clue, the fortune teller says: "I see a tournament that rolled on." Go to The Krawk Island Deckball Championships. Then click on Players. If you scroll down, you will see Prince Jazan's name. Click on it and you will get your parchment. Follow the door under nines dots.

For the tenth clue, the fortune teller says: "I see a chia resting by a tree." Have one of your pets take a Tiki Tour. Your parchment should be on the first page after you sign up for the tour. Find the door under the ten dots.

For the eleventh clue, the fortune teller says: "I see you lost in the darkness." Play a game of Fetch while seeking any Faerie Dust (refresh the request screen until you get that for your quest.). Your parchment should appear at the lose screen (you do not need to find the item). Find the door under the eleven dots.

For the twelvth clue, the fortune teller says: "I see you giving into your dreams." Wish for a Hieroglyph Fragment at the Wishing Well and make a donation. Follow the door under the twelve dots.

Also, it seems the new clues are coming out at about 1:30 and 7:30 NST, every six hours.

Completed your Tablet?
Once you have done that, go and look at the first 3 comics for the plot. The symbols are embedded within the comic! Here's a list of where you can find the appropriate symbols:

LAT & FER (cup & paw) on 1-1
KHA (fish) on 1-2
SAF (the Y-thing) on 1-3
----------------
AHN (ankh) on 2-1
SET & RA (pillar & sun) on 2-2
TEP (eye) on 2-3

-------------------
DJO (2 flags) on 3-1
BEN (chick) on 3-2
NEM (river) on 3-3
KAR (leaf) on 3-4

If you hover over them, you can click it. Click them in the order as you see on your tablet, reading LEFT TO RIGHT, Top row to Bottom Row. If a symbol comes up 2x in a row, click it twice. 3x, click it 3x. (etc) Once you have done that correctly, a pop up will come up. It redirects you to the tablet, with an avatar + a translation to what the tablet means. Surprise, surprise, everyone's translation's are slightly different!

Now, go to the room that had the faerie in it. Tell it the translation that you were given to the statue. At the next screen, be sure to scroll all the way down. It's a bit long, but it's interesting.

Once you have submitted your translation, you will end back up in front of the statue. You can get out of that room by submitting an incorrect translation. You'll incur the regular lockout time and then start back in front of the tomb.

The Lost Desert map has changed and Sakhmet as well as other places have disappeared.

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:24 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: In the white forest, hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
Might I remind a few people from the previous thread that this is a thread related to the Lost Desert plot/puzzle. This isn't a thread to get into chatting about accomplishments in other games on the site (hense why we have a Gloat/Cry thread as a sticky ;))

.. In between the cover of another perfect wonder where it’s so white as snow //
Running through the field where all my tracks will be concealed and there's nowhere to go...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:25 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

"
iuberwalrus

New postPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
uber bug...

Ok, I was finishing my map (never finished it because I never needed to),
and so I was checking a hallway, the hallway next to the one I just checked and marked. HOWEVER, when it took me to the room that the one to the right took me to, I thought I just made an error on my map. So I checked the one I checked a few moments ago... AND TRAP! (I'm really angry, I had an awesome theory too Sad)

EDIT: Language, sorry Smile
My Neopets prophecy: The ancient prince will make vanish the desert capital.

My prophecy: Gnomes are fun to look at."

And what was this awesome theory of yours? Ive seen so many theories bein tossed around....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:29 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Jetro wrote:
"
And what was this awesome theory of yours? Ive seen so many theories bein tossed around....

Ok, you know how when you scroll over a door you see http://www.neopets.com/desert/ldp/temple.phtml?door=5 or whatever (I can't check right now, trapped)? Well check this out, what if when you find one of those door-walls, you typed in the corresponding number?

JasEdit: Do not click on the link as it is just an example. If you clink on it, it could lead to a trapped room in your own temple and you'll be locked out.

18 Premium Referrals Left! PM, AIM, YIM, or E-mail me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:31 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

iuberwalrus wrote:
Jetro wrote:
"

Ok, you know how when you scroll over a door you see http://www.neopets.com/desert/ldp/temple.phtml or whatever (I can't check right now, trapped)? Well check this out, what if when you find one of those door-walls, you typed in the corresponding number?

ok just a reminder...no one click on that link!!! lol stupid me i got gased lol

JasEdit: Link edited.

Not everyone can be heros, somebody has to sit at the curb and clap as they go by...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:32 am 
PPT God
PPT God

iuberwalrus wrote:
Jetro wrote:
"

Ok, you know how when you scroll over a door you see (that door link) or whatever (I can't check right now, trapped)? Well check this out, what if when you find one of those door-walls, you typed in the corresponding number?

I just tried it. You stay in the same room.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:34 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

XenaAndGabrielle wrote:
iuberwalrus wrote:
Jetro wrote:
"

Ok, you know how when you scroll over a door you see (that door link) or whatever (I can't check right now, trapped)? Well check this out, what if when you find one of those door-walls, you typed in the corresponding number?

I just tried it. You stay in the same room.

DARNIT!

EDIT: Language (I think... dont wanna get in trouble again)

Edit:
Alright I know I'm just throwing things out here, but what about this:
Quote:
You got buried in a pile of scarabs? How strange. I sure didn't see that one coming!" She glares at her crystal ball. "Piece of junk. That'll teach me to trust people at the Trading Post. Well, I guess you can still go back to the Mysterious Tablet. Maybe we can figure out something else."

Trading post? I'm gonna go do a search or something for "crystal ball," or nuria :)

JasEdit: Double post merged. :)

Last edited by iuberwalrus on Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:42 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

iuberwalrus wrote:
Jetro wrote:
"

Ok, you know how when you scroll over a door you see http://www.neopets.com/desert/ldp/temple.phtml or whatever (I can't check right now, trapped)? Well check this out, what if when you find one of those door-walls, you typed in the corresponding number?

OK so was that a weird coincidence or what... your link took me directly to my faerie statue.

ImageDrowning In Your Soul...
Beautiful Set by .:Requiem:.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:43 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

iuberwalrus wrote:
Alright I know I'm just throwing things out here, but what about this:
Quote:
You got buried in a pile of scarabs? How strange. I sure didn't see that one coming!" She glares at her crystal ball. "Piece of junk. That'll teach me to trust people at the Trading Post. Well, I guess you can still go back to the Mysterious Tablet. Maybe we can figure out something else."

Trading post? I'm gonna go do a search or something for "crystal ball," or nuria :)

I think someone tried that a few splits back. But since the today's news is out, I suppose it might be different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:44 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

punkykat wrote:
iuberwalrus wrote:
Jetro wrote:
"

Ok, you know how when you scroll over a door you see http://www.neopets.com/desert/ldp/temple.phtml?door=5 or whatever (I can't check right now, trapped)? Well check this out, what if when you find one of those door-walls, you typed in the corresponding number?

OK so was that a weird coincidence or what... your link took me directly to my faerie statue.
\

If you were there and you didnt do anything since you got scarabed, I think thats the default page until u tell it a wrong prophecy.

UPDATE!! OK, either people are screwing with me, or Crystal Ball Table is significant, PEOPLE FIND OUT!

UPDATEx2: Bah, description = Now you can relax in your neohome while looking into the future :*(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:48 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

iuberwalrus wrote:
punkykat wrote:
iuberwalrus wrote:
Jetro wrote:
"

\

If you were there and you didnt do anything since you got scarabed, I think thats the default page until u tell it a wrong prophecy.

UPDATE!! OK, either people are screwing with me, or Crystal Ball Table is significant, PEOPLE FIND OUT!

UPDATEx2: Bah, description = Now you can relax in your neohome while looking into the future :*(

PPl screwing with you. that was the first thing i bought once i read the fortune teller's comment. didnt work, sold it right away in the shop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:50 am 
PPT God
PPT God

iuberwalrus wrote:
punkykat wrote:
iuberwalrus wrote:
Jetro wrote:
"

\

The prices have definately gone up since last week. Someone just trying to make a few bucks (NPs), probably.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:06 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Hi people, I've been lurking since the beginning of the plot and I would like to thank everyone as I have gained so much info and would'nt be where I am if it was'nt for this thread and the people who have posted on it.. :)

Let me fill you in on where I am..

I have up to this point mapped my temple, found all my library doors, found all my doors that relate to my riddle, completed my tablet, found my statue and spoken my prophecy, been covered with scarabs and am now waiting like everyone else on TNT releasing the next clue...

I was thinking about what the Fortune Teller say's after being buried with scarabs "Well, I guess you can still go back to the Mysterious Tablet. Maybe we can figure out something else."

I personally have 9 of the 12 symbols on my tablet, the 3 I havent got are Fer, Ra and Ben.

I have checked out Fer and Ra, both of which are traps and at the moment I am locked out but will be checking Ben in the morning and as Ben is the spinning scroll on the Fortune Teller's page I am hoping that it will lead me somewhere..
Does anyone have any thoughts about this theory?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:08 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Yunamaxieboytanda wrote:
Hi people, I've been lurking since the beginning of the plot and I would like to thank everyone as I have gained so much info and would'nt be where I am if it was'nt for this thread and the people who have posted on it.. :)

I have up to this point mapped my temple, found all my library doors, found all my doors that relate to my riddle, completed my tablet, found my statue and spoken my prophecy, been covered with scarabs and am now waiting like everyone else on TNT releasing the next clue...

I was thinking about what the Fortune Teller say's after being buried with scarabs "Well, I guess you can still go back to the Mysterious Tablet. Maybe we can figure out something else."

I personally have 9 of the 12 symbols on my tablet, the 3 I havent got are Fer, Ra and Ben.

I have checked out Fer and Ra, both of which are traps and at the moment I am locked out but will be checking Ben in the morning and as Ben is the spinning scroll on the Fortune Teller's page I am hoping that it will lead me somewhere..

Sounds like it may work, but what do you mean when your checking these signs? Your just looking for a door with Ben on it?

Also: I apologize everyone about the link ordeal. And Jasujo, thanks for cleaning up after me :D (would of said this earlier, but didn't wanna super-spam)

Last edited by iuberwalrus on Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:10 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Yunamaxieboytanda wrote:

Welcome to PPT! :)

As for your theory ... because everyone has a different number of symbols on their tablet ... I'm guessing it probably isn't it.

I do think we just need to figure out how to "re-translate" our tablets into a full prophecy. The best theory I've heard so far was ... there is no period at the end ... so we are "missing" part of the translation or something.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next